“Not bad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York

You added LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York to your Saves list
LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   104-04 Ditmars Blvd, East Elmhurst, NY 11369 (Formerly Crowne Plaza New York - LaGuardia Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Valentine's Day Weekend
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Greenfield, Indiana
“Not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I satyed here on a business trip. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms as well as the hotel in general could use some updating but it is clean. The weather was pretty bad the night we stayed so we ended up staying at the hotel for dinner. We did have to eat in the bar as the main dining room was closed. The bar area was very busy and crowded, not really adding much to the dining experience. Checkout was easy and desk staff was busy but friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We are pleased to hear that your stay with us was of value and convenient to your needs. Over the next several months , the hotel will begin extensive renovations to update the hotel , restoring its grand appearance and bringing the hotels oversized rooms up to date with all new furnishings and amenities. Thank you again and travel safe.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Rockledge, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for well over 15 years since it was a Crowne Plaza now LaGuardia Plaza. The staff is always friendly, always looking to help, and any problem or complaint is handled in a very quick manner. If for some reason it wasn't, it gets an immediate response.
I have never had a major complaint and I love the value, shuttle from LGA and back, busses on the same block to subway or Main Street Flushing, and taxis convenient if you wish a more direct route to Manhattan or your destination.
The value is very budget friendly.

Room Tip: Higher floors are more view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience and opinion with our TripAdvisor community. We are happy to hear that your stay was of value and that we are able to meet your expectations. We are glad to hear that you find our complimentary shuttle service of value. We will be sure to let our entire staff know your thoughts about your stay. Thank you again and travel safe.
McHenry, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this Hotel AGAIN, while attending a Convention @ Javits on March 15 to 17th 2013. Last year a friend of mine booked this hotel and I was a little apprehensive, not knowing New York and especially because it was so far from Time Square. We flew into LGA and the free shuttle to and from the hotel was a great perk. To my surprise the shuttle to the MTA was also a plus. Going to the convention this year I re-booked here.

Once again, the staff, namely Carla & Mario at the front Desk, were as friendly and helpful as they could be. Naturally I talked to Carla, she was much better looking than Mario, but BOTH were extremely helpful. I must also tip my hat to Edwin at the concierge desk, I asked a lot of questions about local transportation and he answered all.

I have to also mention the food. Although not the best in the world it by far surpassed the normal hotel food. The buffet breakfast was the normal type buffet, not a lot of variety, and the hamburgers at night were 7 on a scale of 10.

Once again I MUST Thank Carla and Mario for being outstanding, not just doing their job (they get paid for that), but for going that EXTRA mile, to make a customer feel appreciated. For that reason alone, I will return next year, and if I can talk my wife into going to NY for a show or two, you might see us before then.

Room Tip: Try for the top Floors
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience and opinion with our TripAdvisor community. We are glad to hear that our location worked out very well for your conference and that you found our hotel of value. You commented on the breakfast and stated that is surpassed the normal hotel food , we do value your input and are glad that our guest are enjoying the changes we have made. We will be sure to let our entire staff of hospitality professionals know your thoughts about your stay. Thank you again and travel safe.
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Putting a positive spin on this, let me just say this the best 1/2 a star hotel i've seen with a three star rating! :-) I guess It used to be Crown Plaza at one point but I guess they did such a wonderful job at maintaining the hotel that the brand decided to part ways with them. The hotel needs a major re-haul! The room are dated, the staff is unfriendly, except for the blonde lady at the front desk (sorry for not remembering your name ma'am - i guess my grey cells got depleted on my stay there) and the African American gentlemen concierge - they were very friendly, welcoming and helpful.

This hotel may do well if they can transport themselves back in the 70's or catch up to the current century! If you have a choice don't stay here and if not then Priceline it and pay no more than 60-80 bucks a month j/k lol a night.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience and opinion with our TripAdvisor community. The convenience and value of the hotel are definitely on point; between the present time and the next several months , a clean , convenient , friendly and economical hotel is what you will find at the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel. Over the next several months the hotel will begin extensive renovations to update the hotel , restoring its grand appearance and bringing the hotels oversized rooms up to date with all new furnishings and amenities. Thank you again and safe travel.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed in this hotel because it was cheaper than the hotels in Manhattan and they have a shuttle service for obvious reasons. The hotel looks good from the outside and in the lobby. Upstairs, it looks a bit rundown. The room size is good. Now the bad things. Water temperature is inconsistent. It can be anywhere from Luke warm to hot depending on what time of the day and which day you take the shower. It also took 1 to 3 minutes to wait for the water to be hot. In the morning, I could hear the morning call rang from the room next door so clearly I thought it was my hotel phone. Then, here cone the bad service. They forgot to make up my room the first night. I asked to have shampoo and conditioner to be delivered to my room, the lady did it quickly. However, she got quite upset when I asked for some clean towels. It was my fault that I didn't request that when I called but I don't think it is a good customer service to show your displeasure in front of customers especially it was their own fault on the first place. The shuttle service is not punctural at all. They were 5 to 10' late each day we took the shuttle. When we wanted to take it to the airport the last day, we were 4' late and it was gone. Of course. :). Not a problem. It was my fault to be late. We waited for the nect obe, which is 20' later. I never saw the shuttle. The hotel guy radioed the bus driver and he said he stopped and picked up two passengers. I don't know how and where he picked up the passengers. May be way outside the hotel and not at the entrance. The guy asked me to wait outside, not inside. It was right at freezing point, not counting wind chill, outside and he blamed me that I didn't wait outside. I think the shuttle should waited outside for a minute and someone from the inside should have announced that the shuttle was here. At last, the shuttle arrived in front of a gaurs rail at the edge of the Arrival level of the terminal on the second lane. There was no crosswalk and we were not supposed to cross that road. No big deal but it is bad service. No personnel in that hotel we encountered are polite except the lady who checked us in and the one who can play the piano. I will not stay there at all.

• Stayed March 2013
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
The convenience and value of the hotel are definately on point, between the present time and the next several months, a clean, convenient , friendly and economical hotel is what you will find at the Laguardia Plaza Hotel. Over the next several months , the hotel will begin extensive renovations to update the hotel, restoring its grand appearance and bringing the hotels oversized rooms up to date with all new furnishings and amenities.
We thank you for your feedback and comments as we work toward improving overall guest satisfaction. Thank you and travel safe.
Greenville, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My dear Aunt Marcell used to chain smoke, bless her heart. She was a lovely lady that used to tell me stories about having her toes operated on and would yell obscenities at her dogs Captain and Morgan between puffs. We would stay with her at Christmas when visiting my family. It took weeks to get the smell out of out stuff after leaving. I adored Aunt Marcell but it took a while to get over the smell. One year I remember throwing up on the way home on a side road after stopping at South of the Border on the way back to SC.

Any time I want to reminisce about Christmas with Aunt Marcell I stay at this hotel. The smell sticks with you and only a remodel of the place will fix it. Was an OK place. Had a shuttle from LGA. Restaurant was expensive. Got to watch a guy get escorted out of the bar because he kept passing out on the bar and they finally took him out. Probably wouldn't stay again but if I were in an emergency situation, like this stay, I would.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience with our Tripadvisor community. We are glad to hear that you found our hotel convenient and of value. Within the next several months the hotel will begin extensive renovations to update the hotel, restoring its grand appearance and bringing the hotels oversized rooms up to date with all new furnishings and amenities. We look forward to seeing you soon. Thank you and travel safe.
Hamden, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. All of the staff was very friendly from the front desk to the bartenders and especially Edwin who arranged speedy car service to take me to times square and grand central station. If I had stay in this area of town again, I would definitely stay at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience with us and with the TripAdvisor community. We are pleased to hear that your stay at the Laguardia Plaza hotel was a pleasant and comfortable one. We will be sure to let our staff of hospitality professionals know that they met your expectations.We look forward to your future stays with us. Thank you and travel safe.

Been to LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York? Share your experiences!