“OK for a place to sleep before a flight from LGA” 3 of 5 stars
Review of LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York

You added LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York to your Saves list
LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   104-04 Ditmars Blvd, East Elmhurst, NY 11369 (Formerly Crowne Plaza New York - LaGuardia Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Upgrade To First Class
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Raleigh, NC
“OK for a place to sleep before a flight from LGA”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed at the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel recently because I had an early morning flight from LGA and didn't want to leave from my relative's home at 4:00AM in order to catch my flight. The hotel was blind booked via hotwire.com at a reasonable price for an airport hotel in a big city.

The hotel is located on the opposite side of the Grand Central Parkway from the airport and offers free shuttle service to the airport.

While the lobby and exterior of the hotel would have you believe that this was a high end hotel, once you got to your room, any illusion of this disappeared.

The rooms were best described as dated and a bit spartan. Given the lobby and exterior of the hotel, I expected better. The furnishings looked like they have not been replaced in 10-20 years. There was no desk or workspace in the room and the TV set, while it worked, definitely has seen better days. One of the electrical outlets was so worn that my cell phone charger would not stay in the outlet. Had to move the night table in order access an outlet to charge my phone.

On the plus side, the bed was comfortable, the room was clean and the shower had adequate hot water.

The free airport shuttle arrived within a minute of schedule and got me to my flight on time.

If you're looking for a place to sleep that is ultra convenient to the airport for the night before a flight, then this is decent choice of hotels. If you're planning to stay any longer, I recommend going elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We are pleased to hear that your stay with us was of value and convenient to your needs. Over the next several months , the hotel will begin extensive renovations to update the hotel , restoring its grand appearance and bringing the hotels oversized rooms up to date with all new furnishings and amenities. Than you again and travel safe.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel for 2 nights in February and I must say that my stay was splendid. New Yorkers have a bad reputation for being rude but I found the staff at LGP Hotel to be completely helpful and willing to go above and beyond to ensure my stay was pleasant. especially an young Lady named Darlene She was available to help me every time i needed and always did it with a smile. When ever I needed a place to go food, drinks, or entertainment Darlene always pointed me in the right direction and she was extremely helpful when I need a very important document printed ASAP and she offered to print it for me. When I offered a tip she would not accept it even though I insisted. Darlene seems to genuinely like help clients and I would definitely return because of the way she treated me.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience with our Trip Advisor community.
We are very glad that you gave us the opportunity to be of service to you while you were in the Laguardia areaand that your saty was a pleasant one. We enjoy making all of our guest trips enjoyable and glad to hear that our staff over exceeded your expectations. We will be sure to let the staff know about your stay. Thank you again and safe travel.
Queens, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Laguardia Plaza in Elmhurst is a wonderful place to stay and I stay there often. It has nice rooms and the staff is very good especially the front desk people like Carla, Carolynn and Lorainne. It also has a nice bar and restaurant and Terrance the bartender along with the waitress Jazz are very hard workers and pleasant to all. I have all of our customers stay there when they are in town and everyone was very pleased and would come back. There is also a nice gym and indoor pool in the hotel. I have stayed in many hotels in the NY area and this hotel is the best!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We are glad to hear that you find our staff very accomodating , and that you also enjoy dining in our lounge. Our healthclub is of great value as well with the pool, jacuzzi and full workout room.
We look forward to your visit the next time you are in the NYC area. Thank you again and travel safe.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Great people: Carollynn, Josefin, Loraine, Richard, Mario, Terrence and Jasmine always provide the highest level of service possible. It's like my home away from home and I look forward to every visit when I travel to NYC.
Great staff=Great experience!

Kevin Davis

• Stayed February 2013
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community.
We are pleased to hear that your stay at the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel was a pleasant and comfortable stay. In your review you state that you felt like home because of our hospitable staff , we will be sure to let our entire staff know your thoughts about your stay.
We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to NYC. Thank you again and travel safe.
Cary, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Excellent hotel and great value - booked my hotel on CheapO.com - called and got a quick shuttle ride from the airport. However, it was the check in service provided by Marc, Lorraine and Joseph that made the difference. They provided me directions to the city via public transportation and a great place to eat. Warm friendly and helpful - why aren't all hotel associates this way. Keep up the great work - you have a big fan of your hotel!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience and opinion with our TripAdvisor community. We are pleased to hear that you found our staff to be hospitable and that the hotel was of value to you. It was a true pleasure having you as our guest and being able to provide you with prompt shuttle service from the airport and assisting you with dinner options in the area. We want all of our guests to enjoy their trips and the staff welcomes all and does the very best to make them feel welcomed and comfortable. We are glad to hear you will be back the next time you are visiting the NYC area. Thank you and travel safe.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My little girls first time in NYC...we decided to stay here(Laguardia Plaza) since it was across Laguardia Airport. Everything seemed fine at first but THEN for 2 days in a row different shuttle drivers were @ least 10 minutes late, we were fine with that until my daughter forgot her Teddy bear upstairs. They had 2 shuttles to the subway, one at 10a & one at 5p. The door man said, the shuttle is falling behind and around 6 minutes away. We literally rode the elevator up, our room was by the elevator, and came back down. My husband told this to the shuttle guy and as soon as my husband turned around, literally, the shuttle guy shut the doors and left. We walked out to see him driving away. We asked the doorman to have the driver come back or stop where he was, leaving the driveway, and his response was that they had to keep on schedule. What? If that was the case, they would have been on time, ten minutes earlier. The doorman blew us off and mummbled and didnt really try. Ugh, It worked out better, once we ran to catch the bus, around a block, in heels, but Wow, Ridiculous!!

• Stayed February 2013
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for your business and thank you for sharing your experience with our TripAdvisor community. We sincerely apologize in regards to your incident with the shuttle bus , we value your input. Management will be investigating the situation and ensuring this does not reoccur. Thank you for your comments and travel safe.
Manila
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

The hotel is a bit dated, and it is only convenient if you want to stay in a place near the La Guardia airport. There are also no restaurants or convenience stores nearby.

But we did find the hotel to be comfortable to stay in, and the staff were very friendly. The suite we stayed in was very spacious and clean. If you are going to the city from this hotel, you can take their free shuttle to the Citifield station of the 7 Train. I found the breakfast to be also good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your business and for your kind review of the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel. We are happy to know that you were satisfied with your stay , and will return the next time you are in the NYC area. Thank you again and travel safe.

Been to LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York? Share your experiences!