“Just ok!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York

You added LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York to your Saves list
LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   104-04 Ditmars Blvd, East Elmhurst, NY 11369 (Formerly Crowne Plaza New York - LaGuardia Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
UPGRADE TO FIRST CLASS
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Manasquan, New Jersey
“Just ok!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Best part of the hotel was the location. My daughter had a 6:00 am flight. My mother in law has an apt. in NYC (only 5.42 miles from airport) afraid if she were late and missed her flight. A problem for me. So we booked this hotel! She made her flight, due to the hotel shuttle bus she took at 4:30 am!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for your business and your comments. We are glad to hear that your daughters stay at the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel meet your expectations. We are pleased to hear that our complimentary shuttle service was of value to you.Thank you for your comments and safe travel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Had a lovely well-appointed room on the fourth floor executive floor. I would stay there again.

I flew in to JFK and was flying out of LaGuardia, taxi between the two locations was $37, if anyone is interested.

Meal in restaurant was good and serves meals up to midnight. There were some entertaining patrons to provide some comedy from the travel I had had. Front desk service was very friendly and accommodating. They were very welcoming.

Hotel shuttle was to La Guardia is a very handy feature of this hotel. Shuttle is on an automatic schedule and was available for my early morning flight.

Breakfast is available in the restaurant and was very nicely presented. Buffet is around $10.95.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for your business and thank you for sharing your experience with our TripAdvisor community.We are pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable wih us.Thank you for your comments and travel safe.
Kissimmee, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

First of all they say 24 hour shuttle. but it is a lie. the shuttle probably runs approximately ten hours out of the 24 hours. The guy who handles transportation is so rude and completely unprofessional. He broke up with his girlfriend in front of us on is cell phone, while we were trying to get service. Every time we would talk to him, he would be texting on his phone. Nobody greets you when you walk in. We had a flooding in our room on the last day of our stay and when we went to tell the Supervisor, MABEL: who is the morning Supervisor; she was completely rude, giving us a "i do not care look" and returned to her magazine that she was reading and did not even apologize. The room and elevators stink. Not one single person was friendly there. My friend and I felt completely uncomfortable there. There is no baggage service. They do not even help to bring your stuff to your room. If you ask them any question or for them to find out something for you, they make sounds that they are annoyed with you. The people is what made this stay horrible at the hotel. You either need to be trained to be respectful and professional in front of the guest or get fired. Worst hotel experienced i ever had. DO NOT STAY HERE, YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Effie M, Manager at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for your business and your assessment of your stay at the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.
Management and the staff work very hard to ensure that we properly service our guest , we will investigate your experience and take corrective action to avoid any future experiences such as yours.Thank you again and travel safe.
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I booked the hotel because it was close to Laguadia Airport, and it claims that it has 24-hour shuttle service to and from airport. My son and I waited at the airport for an hour for the hotel shuttle. It was windy and snowing. I called 5+ times and every time was told it would come in 5 minutes. It never came! We took a taxi in the end. I complained to the front desk receptionist, but he was rude and cold. He simply said "Our shuttle broke down". Well, if the shuttle had broken down, why did they tell me every time I called that it would come in 5 minutes? The front desk receptionist didn't even greet us when we arrived. The only other thing he said was to ask me for a credit card. No luggage service at all. Room was old and smelly. My son got a bad cold from the long wait for the hotel shuttle at the airport, and he is still recovering from the cold now. A single night's stay at the hotel completely ruined the whole holiday of my family. This is clearly the worst hotel I have stayed in my whole life!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your business and your comments. Your comment about being delayed for pick up from the airport is certainly helpful to management. As an airport hotel, our policy is to pick up our guest within 15 minutes from the time the call was placed , we will investigate your experience and take corrective action in order to avoid future experiences such as yours.Thank you again and safe travel.
Ozark, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels over the years and have become very selective. I was planning a NYC trip and did not have unlimited funds. I had stayed at the LaGuardia Plaza back in its Crown Plaza days and was familiar with the property. It was so much less than other hotels that i was worried ($129 vs $400+ in Manhattan). I started reading other reviews and became concerned with what others said but had little choice financially since I was staying six nights. We arrived on Christmas day and were handled promptly and efficiently by the front desk. There were very dinning option on Christmas day so we at at the Embers in the hotel. The food was good, service friendly but maybe a little high on price. Our room was very large and comfortable and clean. The public areas of the hotel were also very inviting. The one complaint that I had read that was true is the hot water. This turned out to be a minor issue. Once the water ran for three or four minutes it was fine. I have lived many places where that is common and is a minor inconvience when you consider the price. The indoor pool was a great treat for my seven year old. There are very few properties in the NY area that offer an indoor pool. The airport/subway shuttle was also a great convenience. If there was one recommendation it would be expand the selection of cable TV to be more kid friendly. Yes, it is an older property and could stand a little work but in figure I saved almost $2000 as opposed to staying in Manhattan. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your business and your honest review of the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel.
With as many reviews as you have to your credit, it is comforting to hear that you recognize a good value. It is true that our hotel and furnishings are not the newest in the city however the staff does take pride in servicing their guests. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the future.
Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Wonderful Stay.

I was really nerves about booking with this hotel only because of some the reviews I read on the web but I still went ahead and booked a room. I have to say, I had the best time at LaGuardia Plaza Hotel. We had the superior king room. My room was clean from top to bottom. We ask for a non smoking room and that is what we received. Our stay was so peaceful no noise what so ever ,since It was my 14th wedding anniversary. ALL the employees in this hotel went beyond themselves to help us or to answer any of our questions. We felt very welcomed. TRUST worthily as well. My husband and I forgot our laptop in the hallway while we were taking pictures, we didn’t figure this out until we got to our room. We went back and it wasn’t there, I am going out of my mind thinking someone took it but long and behold (I think he was the manager) He saw it and held my laptop in a safe place in his office.. He saved my $800.00 Thank you sir. Location was convenient. I appreciated that the hotel provides shuttle service to public transportation. For years I suffer with insomnia, but this is the first time in years that I was able to sleep not just for one day but the 5 days that I was there. My husband and I joke about steeling the bed. I will return to LaGuardia Plaza Hotel and tell all my friends about it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community. We appreciate your candid and positive feedback regarding our hotel. The staff and management are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel and that you found the staff courtious and pleasant and the hotel comfortable and convenient. Thank again and travel safe.
Ghent, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

This hotel is "across the street" from La Guardia Airport. Parking was $15 for 24 hours. Location was convenient for my appointments in Queens and hotel provides shuttle servie to public transportation. Grounds are a little aged but room was large and comfortable. Staff was very accomodating and friendly. The restaurant-bar had a good selection of lite choices and entrees too. Good onsite shop for sundries and snacks. Hotel has on-site pool and exercise room too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your business and for your kind review of the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel. We are pleased to hear that you found our location convienent and that you found our subway transportation and pool area as an added value. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Been to LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York? Share your experiences!