“Cozy and clean” 3 of 5 stars

New York City, New York
“Cozy and clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Cozy=small
I booked through trip advisor really late one night after my flight got into NY pretty late.
It was kind of an emergency to book, so after everything by JFK was sold out, this place had a smoke free room.
The value wasn't the greatest in terms of cost and the hotel isn't very close to LGA, but it was available.
I didn't get to take advantage of the free wifi as my phone and iPad never quite synced up. I also never did get the continental breakfast.
The room however was clean, rather cozy(tiny) and pretty quiet being right off the front of the hotel. Bathroom was a tight squeeze but again, it offered relief. The bed was actually more comfortable than I thought it would be.
Hotel offers parking for free, but it's a lil tight as well. Decent for a night or two (max) of relief.

• Stayed July 2013
hiren1811, General Manager at Comfort Inn At LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2013

Property CHI
Anil Lala
Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport
718-779-1100

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Lake Wales, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The room was so small, I thought that I would have to stand up to sleep. Very little room for luggage space and the bathroom had not been clearned properly. The reservation desk was manned by an adult man and his young son. We had great difficulty understanding what the adult had to say and the youngster would repeat it for us so that we did understand. The front desk showed no interest in pleasing us with a repeated request concerning the timing of the shuttle to La Guardia. Just the money, please . . . . . . .

Room Tip: As far as I could tell, all the rooms are very, very small.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
hiren1811, General Manager at Comfort Inn At LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,

I'm concerned about the problems you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Anil Lala
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I expected so much worse from this property but I was definitely surprised!

LOCATION
This hotel is about 5 to 7 minutes from the LaGuardia airport, literally. They have a FREE shuttle that will pick you up. They have shuttle hours on their website, my mom and I had no problem getting transportation outside of those hours. Just call the front desk when you get your luggage. But if you can't get the shuttle for whatever reason, there are buses that go straight there. It sits on 83rd street which is a small side street right off Astoria, a main street. Very close to buses, a car wash, and a strip mall area with a Dunkin Donuts, Popeyes, Little Ceasar's, T Mobile, a Chinese food restaurant, and some other stores/restaurants. At night, that street gets dark so be careful when walking.

PROPERTY
This is a small hotel. Small lobby. Small elevator. Small breakfast room. Small rooms. But guess what.....IT'S NEW YORK!!!!!!! Alot of the hotels in NY have small rooms! So with that out of the way, this place is very bare bones. They have FREE Wifi, but its strongest on the 1st floor. There's FREE breakfast every morning with DIY waffles, hot food choices, bagels, breads, muffins, fruit, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, cream of wheat, coffee, tea, and juice.There's a few parking spaces and some street parking. Also, free newspapers. That's really about it. Simple, bare bones. The property is kept neat and clean, decor updated. Its nice.

ROOM
Once again, keep in mind, that this is New York, so the rooms will be small, So with that said, the room was small, lol! We had a 1 Queen bed room on the lower level. It had controllable AC/heat, flat screen TV, desk, closet, coffee/tea maker, iron/ironing board, bathroom complete with spacious shower and hair dryer. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The telephone and clock worked well. The room was quiet overall. Had some college kids next door one night, a little noisy then but that's expected. Barely heard the airplanes.

Overall, the hotel is nice. Didn't really have any issues. Just a few bewares:
- The shuttle driver is rude. Didn't open or close our doors. Barely helped with our luggage.
- The hot food choices didn't look appetizing. Couldn't identify it and it looked the same everyday like they just reheat it and put it out.
- They need stronger Wifi
- They need a storage area to hold guests bags when needed.

Other than that, it was good place and I would recommend it!

Room Tip: Lower level is the best
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valuable Guest,

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Sandy, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I flew into LaGuardia airport late and needed a place to stay with a late shuttle. It fit the bill. The room was cozy, but comfortable and the staff was friendly. Don't expect a recliner or a sofa. They would have to hang from the ceiling. However, everything is fine. I did not eat the breakfast, but heard it was OK. I would easily stay again for a quick night stay. Parking is limited!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Sunnyvale, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I wish I could rate 3.5 stars - the hotel was definitely above average but not very good! I wanted to stay close to LGA but within a commutable distance to Midtown-Manhattan. One bus and one train would take me to anywhere in Manhattan in less than one hour. Just before my flight, the hotel's shuttle took me to the airport. The room was pretty neat but basic - no amenities like fridge or microwave. The breakfast was decent (I eat neither eggs nor meat) and I would leave for Manhattan after breakfast on all the three days I stayed at this hotel. To come back late in the night and have a sound sleep, this hotel was very ideal. The price for three nights was a little shy of 400 dollars, which was a little expensive given the location and room quality. However, the hotel staff were nice and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
hiren1811, General Manager at Comfort Inn At LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Mr. Shankar,

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn LGA for your recent stay. I was delighted to hear you had an enjoyable time at our hotel.

Whether you are traveling on business or pleasure, we know you have a variety of hotels to choose from. We strive to provide you a room that is clean and comfortable, with friendly attentive service at a value conscious price. Which is why at any time you have a suggestion on how to improve our service to you we take that opportunity to listen.

We want you to enjoy every day of every stay so we pledge to you our service guarantee. Our professional and friendly staffs are committed to making your stay both enjoyable and comfortable.

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn LGA again. We hope that you continue to use our Hotel for your lodging needs in the near future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We booked this as we needed to stay close to La Guardia Airport and the previous reviews were good. The free shutlle service was also very appealing.
Check in was quick and reasonably friendly.
The room was clean and fairly small but perferctly adqeuate for a one night stay.
A free breakfast is always a bonus, particularly in the US so we took advantage of this. The breakfast room was quite small so we did eat early to avoid any over-crowding. The breakfast was good with a reasonable choice and tasty bagels.
The free shuttle service to the airport was cancelled as there was no fuel available (this was about a week after Hurricane Sandy). However we did ask reception again and upon checking with the driver he said he would probably just have enough left in the car so he agreed to take us.
Would definetly recommend for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the free airport shuttle service and breakfast.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed at the Comfort Inn in East Elmhurst in February, 2013 on my way home from a business meeting. Arrived at midnight and left for the airport at the first (4 am) shuttle, so didn't have much time in the hotel. The room was clean if somewhat cramped, the staff was friendly, and the airport shuttle was prompt. Fine experience overall, but not a place I'd choose to stay other than as an in-transit location on the way through LaGuardia.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Management & Staff

Been to Comfort Inn At LaGuardia Airport? Share your experiences!