“Convenient Hotel near La Guardia” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Harrison, Tennessee
“Convenient Hotel near La Guardia”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The first part of my trip was in CT, but I had an early flight out of La Guardia so I decided to get a room close to the airport. This hotel was perfect. While the room was small, that is to be expected in NYC. I was put in a corner room and it was nice. The bed was very comfortable and the room was more than adequate for my needs. It looked like it had recently been updated and everything was tip top.

I arrived around 8 pm, and the evening desk clerk was very helpful. I asked about some places to eat nearby and he was very happy to give me directions to a couple different places within walking distance.

I returned my car to the airport the night before, and was able to walk back to the hotel. At 0500, the desk manager called a shuttle for me and it was there within 10 minutes. The driver of the shuttle was helpful because my e-ticket didn't have which terminal I needed. He knew and got me there.

The only negative I can say, and this doesn't reflect on the hotel necessarily, is that there was some sort of smell in the hallway. I think one of the other patrons was smoking something and it stunk up the hallway.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
hiren1811, General Manager at Comfort Inn At LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn LGA for your recent stay. I was delighted to hear you had an enjoyable time at our hotel.

Whether you are traveling on business or pleasure, we know you have a variety of hotels to choose from. We strive to provide you a room that is clean and comfortable, with friendly attentive service at a value conscious price. Which is why at any time you have a suggestion on how to improve our service to you we take that opportunity to listen.

We want you to enjoy every day of every stay so we pledge to you our service guarantee. Our professional and friendly staffs are committed to making your stay both enjoyable and comfortable.

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn LGA again. We hope that you continue to use our Hotel for your lodging needs in the near future.

Management & Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
AdventureLovers
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed at this hotel Sept 10th for an overnight stay.
Got in late and the people at the reception were very
helpful.The hotel is relatively new and is clean.
As well,the room was not overly large but was adequate.
The hotel was quiet and we never heard any flights taking
of or landing. The breakfast room was nice and breakfast
adequate,and our shuttle service was right on schedule.
Overall,this hotel is close to the airport,it is new,clean,and
the service was fine.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valuable Guest,

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Largo, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

The hotel is fairly new, but had a unique smell when we entered into the hotel. It didn’t reek but it was a strange smell. The rooms are small, but you get what you pay for. Hotel staff was kind. Continental breakfast was not that great. They had old milk in the dispenser. The location of the hotel in quite cramped. Not a lot of room for parking. There is a Pizza shop, liquor store, and a gas station within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed one night in August 2012. I arrived early in the morning knowing I would need to wait for my room. The front desk clerk told me that there were no clean rooms for me, but that he would have a room in an hour, and within 40 minutes I was checked into my room. The hotel lobby is a little tired, but my room was very clean and nicely appointed. It was small but very comfortable. Everything appeared nearly new, nice flat screen T.V., good sized bathroom, and very clean. The standard Comfort Inn breakfast bar. All the staff I encountered were friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest

We would like to thank you for your recent visit to Comfort Inn LGA. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We deeply value your thoughts and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service every stay simply because our guests deserve the very best.

We strive to ensure our guests experience the best stay possible during their travels and your feedback is truly valuable to us.

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn LGA once again. We hope that you continue to use our Hotel for your lodging needs in the near future.

Douglasville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This hotel room was VERY VERY small. It wasn't too bad for a one night stay, but I wouldn't stay here again. The staff was very nice and helpful. If you're looking for a decent place for a night this will work, but if you're looking for something nice I suggest you look elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest

I would like to thank you for your recent visit to Comfort Inn LGA. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We deeply value your thoughts and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service every stay simply because our guests deserve the very best.

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging need and do look forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Canada, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I arrived at LGA around midnight. Down in baggage claim there is one of those hotel free phone systems that puts you through to participating hotels with the touch of a button. There is a Comfort Inn on this board, but it is NOT the Comfort Inn East Elmhurst. The Comfort Inn Maspeth will give you the switchboard # of the Comfort Inn East Elmhurst, and then you're on your own nickel (50 cents, actually) to phone them.

Once I got through, I was assured that a van would arrive in 10 minutes to get me. Sure enough, 10 minutes later a U-Save van pulled up curbside at the United Airlines arrivals area (NOT at the outer curb where hotel pick-up shuttles are posted to arrive). After collecting me and one customer who was heading over for a car rental at U-Save, we were under way.

I was at the front desk of the Comfort Inn within 10 minutes. Check in was friendly although they forgot to give me the wi fi password (i called down later and got it). The room was clean, except for the carpet, which needs a steam cleaning. Bed was comfortable, and room was quiet.

I'd return if I needed a bed for 8 hours and was arriving late at night in future, if I could get the room for $85 which I did through a 'secret' booking on Travelocity.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Panama City Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We chose the hotel for it's proximity to LaGuardia for the last night of a trip. It was located within walikng distance of Budget and Enterprise rental car return locations, which made our rental car return very easy. There were also a couple of restaurants within walking distance. The room was very small but comfortable. We had a king bed, which left very little walking around space--a queen would have been a better choice. Since we were only there for a short time, it wasn't a real issue. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean and the shower was hot. They have an airport shuttle on demand and it arrived a few minutes after we requested it. We checked out before breakfast was served, so cannot comment on the food.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Management & Staff

Been to Comfort Inn At LaGuardia Airport? Share your experiences!