“Great value for NYC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of LaGuardia Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added LaGuardia Airport Hotel to your Saves list
LaGuardia Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100-15 Ditmars Boulevard, East Elmhurst, NY 11369 (Formerly Wyndham)   |
Ranked #7 of 10 hotels in East Elmhurst
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Great value for NYC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel 3 times in the last 4 years, one of the better deals for NYC. Obviously not a Hilton or Marriott but it was clean, customer service was very good (notwithstanding the usual arrogance from New Yorkers), shuttle to LGA was super. Yes the restaurant is closed but the local restaurants the hotel recommended were reasonably priced, very good food, and fast delivery. Yes the breakfast was lots of carbs but it was free and one could eat enough fruit and yogurt until lunch. I will be using again in Oct 2014. We cruise out of Brooklyn and the ease of getting back to LGA to pick up our bus to the port makes this a great place to stay. Have not run into any of the problems/issues others have met.

Room Tip: Book online and call to confirm.

267 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Oconto, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Was sent to this Hotel by Expedia. The smell coming from the room when we opened the door almost knocked us out! Dirty Laundry in halls, dirty towels on the floor in the hallway of our floor. Elevator stuck and buzzing , had to haul luggage down the stairs and walk down the street to another hotel. We complained and told them we didn't want to stay, wound not refund our money. STaff rude and unpleasant when we complained. DO NOT GO THERE!

Room Tip: Call a reputable chain before taking random advice from booking agency.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Chesterbrook, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

The two female desk clerks, one who checked us in and the other who, a few hours later, answered some questions were possibly the two most arrogant, humorless, belligerent and clearly self-absorbed individuals that I have encountered in a public service , That being said, I has very little satisfaction from what I can honestly describe as a clip joint. I received more polite attention from the maids and the parking lot workers than the people in management. In addition they advertise a late night dining place on the premises with is patently untrue-- a lie they reluctantly acknowledged. Also, don't bring kids here- absurdly limited choice of cable tv stations include CNN, Fox news, The Japanese News network. a couple of sports outlets,and N.E,T,, but . NOTHING for little kids. We hated it here--most instigated by the staff. Don't be fooled by the low prices either, In the end it cost more than the other "more costly" hotels on Ditmars Blvd..

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I don't totally disagree with other reviewers of this hotel. It is definitely an older hotel that needs a face lift. We have stayed here 3 years in a row when my husband and I come up for a race he does at Citi Field. It's close enough for a 5 minute bus ride. Every year I research other hotels nearby or even in the city and we just keep coming back to this one. Basically, you get what you pay for is how I see it. This is by far the cheapest and closest hotel to the airport. For us, we'd rather not spend the extra money sine we are really not in the room much at all. We spend all day in Manhattan, and just come back to sleep so why pay more? The bus stops are within walking distance (M60) so we hopped on that to get to the subway for Manhattan. You can also catch the bus at the airport. They do have a free shuttle to and from the airport so that's nice. It's so close we actually walked though.
I found the front desk clerks to be very friendly and helpful. They have a free breakfast but it is pretty lame. Coffee, tea, juice, cereal, bagels, muffins. There is no restaurant for dinner. Our room was decent enough. Clean. Comfy bed. Small bathroom. Hot water.The tv is old school. I don't think you could even buy that kind of tv anymore! Reception wasn't great and not a lot of channels available, but again, we were never really in the room so it didn't matter. Decent size. A/C & heat worked fine (we used both). Like I said, the whole hotel needs to be updated. I heard it was bought out and a new management was starting an upgrade, but I did not see any evidence of this. I think we paid $129/nt, which was probably even too much considering what you get. I didn't see a lot of other guests so hopefully business will pick up more if they do an overhaul. I would still stay there again for the convenience/price.

Room Tip: The rooms in the tower tend to be bigger and not so old.
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I called to the hotel to arrange shuttle pick up for our friends from Europe, who had their flight cancelled. The girl on the phone was rude and argued with every word I said. I was needed to get clear directions from her on where, when and how to get to the shuttle stop, so I could translate it to my friends.( I do not live in NY) Finally, I lost my patience and told her that her customer service skills were very poor and that she had no desire to help other people.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Fort Collins
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed here one night before our plane left from LaGuardia Airport. It seemed like a good value -- free airport shuttle, right across the road from the airport. Unfortunately, I did not enjoy my stay as much as I had hoped.

The lobby looks awesome and they do a nice job staging room pictures for their website. However, this hotel is run down and is badly in need of a refresh. There are about 10 channels on the TVs, including two that (at least when I was there) showed the shutdown screen for a Windows 98 computer that I assume had previously aired hotel news. The wifi is so slow as to be pretty much non-existent. As others have noted, the only food available on the premises is the continental breakfast, which is disappointing. The water temperature in the shower/bath was inconsistent, wavering from near-scalding hot to icy cold without touching the controls.

Probably my biggest issue with this hotel was that the shuttle from the airport to the hotel is not as consistent as the shuttle from the hotel to the airport. I had called a day or so prior to find out where the shuttle picks up at the airport, and I was told that there would be an obvious place for pick-up. When I walked out to the ground transportation area, it was clear that there was no reserved place for the hotel shuttle to pick up, so I called the hotel again to find out that there is a SECOND number to call to arrange a shuttle pick-up. Why didn't they tell me this when I called the first time? When I did get in touch with the transportation operator, she did not give me a time estimate and I wasn't entirely sure that anyone would actually come to pick us up. We waited 20 minutes before seeing the shuttle arrive. At least the driver was nice and helpful.

I wish I had spent a bit more and sprung for a nicer hotel perhaps a bit farther from the airport. While there was nothing obviously wrong with this hotel, I couldn't shake the feeling that I needed a shower every time I walked across the room.

San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The hotel is from another era. It was a Holiday Inn, then became a Wyndham property an will soon be a Hilton. Food options limited to continental breakfast. A staff member shared the fact that they have a full kitchen, but the kitchen was closed by current owners to save money until the transition ends. Dinner options were to eat out or have something delivered.
The bed was okay. Plenty of pillows. HVAC worked well. Tub was clean when we arrived, but there was always at least one hair still in the shower when we returned to our room each day. The staff was friendly and helpful. We were trying to keep costs down so we had more money to do stuff in the city, so it met that need. I look forward to seeing what happens when the new owners refresh the property. In the mean time, the airport shuttle was convenient and we got our money's worth.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to LaGuardia Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!