“Poor service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of LaGuardia Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added LaGuardia Airport Hotel to your Saves list
LaGuardia Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100-15 Ditmars Boulevard, East Elmhurst, NY 11369 (Formerly Wyndham)   |
Ranked #7 of 10 hotels in East Elmhurst
Guilderland
“Poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was in Rm 101 on June 23. It didnt have microwave oven. When I asked for it, they charged me $15. The room didnt have basic amenities you would find in all other hotels. Even bathroom was not clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

293 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

If you want a nice modern hotel with all the bells and whistles, a gift shop, restaurant and hot water - fuhgeddaboudit! If you want a reasonably priced clean room with airport shuttle - you're good. The lady at the front desk said it is being bought so hopefully new owners will update needs new carpet , furnishings , a flat screen tv and a fridge/ microwave would be nice. Does have wifi+, continental breakfast but no restaurant for lunch or supper really good food truck out front and several delivery options. No gift shop so bring your own snacks and any items you may need you need to get while out ,staff helpful and friendly , probubly better for a short stay, otherwise be prepared to travel daily to "the city" and when you get back to the hotel every day make sure you have everything you need , as long as you know what to expect you will be fine it's a lot cheaper than staying in manhattan.

• Stayed June 2013
Littlerock
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is the worst hotel and staff ever! We booked two rooms. Each room for two adults and two children. We called 24 hours ahead to confirm our reservation for the 2 rooms with 2 beds each, to sleep 4, and for handicap accessible. The lobby and the halls had a very bad musty smell. We thought it would get better when we got in our rooms but no! The rooms smelled worse and the carpets are stained and dirty! But what shocked us most,was that the rooms had only one bed! We called to the staff and they were very rude! Told us, that was all they had available, nothing else. I proceeded to ask for cots, pull outs, mattress, blankets or anything to help accommodate us. But the person on the phone told me they don't have any and to sleep on the floor! What? We have children! We have been on the plane for more than 5 hours, our flight came in at 11 pm. By the time we checked into our room it was after midnight. The children were so tired. We had no idea where to go or find another hotel at this time of the night. My father in law is handicapped and in a wheelchair. The room was very tight, smelly and not handicapped accessible. I then asked for blankets and pillows for the floor and this man brought us one blanket that was damp and 1 pillow! I ask for more and he said that was all he can give. I was so mad I called the hotel reservation center to request for transfer and received the same answer. They have no rooms with double beds and no cots! Unfortunately I had booked the hotel for 4 nights! I let my children sleep on the bed and my father in law and mother in law slept on the bed in the other room. That night my husband and I slept on the floor with the damp blanket sharing the one pillow! The odor was so bad. We did not even open up our luggage for fear of bugs and mites! The worst night ever and we were paying for this! As soon as morning came we got up and got ready to check out! I was told that they provided a free continental breakfast so I called my mother n law in the other room to go downstairs and get breakfast for her and my father in law because they are diabetic. When she got there one of the staff told her the food was not free! He told her "go buy your food somewhere else if you are hungry!" What? Did he think she was a homeless or something! My goodness this is a sweet senior citizen trying to get her breakfast! She came up to my room and told me that breakfast had to be paid for. I called down and the front desk told me we have free breakfast til 10! What? I was so upset! When we attempted to check out, the woman at the front desk was very rude and refused to check us out because she said we had booked our rooms for 4 nights and therefore cannot do it! My husband ended up being on the phone for over an hour with the travel booking company to get it cleared! We finally checked out and was re-booked into another hotel! It was a nightmare! I never had anything like this happen to me before and I never want to write such a disappointing review BUT this is a warning to families and vacationers! Do not go to this hotel! They are rude! The hotel is not accommodating! We had to sleep on floors on damp blanket. They never once apologize for the inconvenience or tried to accommodate us in any other way! They even tried to deny us the free breakfast! Never again! RUDE RUDE RUDE!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Bad service for the money I spent. Lesson #1 - Don't book ONE hotel for your entire trip. Front desk staff were very unprofessional and LAZY. They don't answer when you greet them. What kind of service is that? All the staff had sour faces 24/7.

Room Tip: Do not waste your money on this hotel. Extra $15 for a microwave. There's no microwave in the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

After we checked in and entered the elevator to go to our room, I couldn't help but ask myself ..what is that smell? I calmed myself down thinking that at least the room would be better. But I was wrong. The room smelled all the more weird. I cannot put the finger on what it was, but it smelled something moldy, old or any other synonym you would like to use.

I felt awful to walk barefoot on the carpet because it looked too old and stained. The layout of the room was weird, and their furniture and appliances are crying for an update.

The bathroom is a whole different story. I am not 6 feet tall, but I am not 5 feet either. I had to bend to wash my face.

The breakfast area was open and nice. Their service however, was not. The guy who seated us, was rude. I heard one lady ask for some sweetener and he sounded like he was yelling at her. Not polite at all. Unless you are flying out of the airport the next day, this is not the hotel you want to stay to go around NYC.

Also when we arrived, we were calling for the shuttle service which never came. The result? One angry cab driver who almost insulted us for making him drive such short distance from LGA to the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

On the Monday before our trip I booked 3 rooms, since I was traveling with my husband, 3 daughters, son-in-law and 3 grandchildren. The person I spoke to said the shuttle ran 24/7. She emailed me the confirmations which I printed out and took with when we flew in Thursday night. When we got to LaGuardia I called for the shuttle. They said it would be there in 5-10 minutes. After 20 minutes we finally saw it but the driver didn't want to take us, saying he never got a call and this was the last run for the night. We finally convinced him to take us, but when we got there they couldn't find our reservations, even with the printed confirmations. They finally found one, and after a while, two, but said there wasn't a third room-except smoking. We packed into 2 rooms and my son-in-law had to go to the basement to get the cots and cribs himself. In short, it was a disaster and they didn't even apologize.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Mexico City, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The Hotel Laguardia has clearly seen better days.
The pictures in the booking page are accurate, but don’t really show the wear and tear in the rooms. The staff is clearly overwhelmed… every time I went to the reception, there was a line of people waiting to be serviced… the Air conditioning in the room was noisy and the knob was broken, so I couldn’t turn it off… The common areas (Elevators, hallways, etc…) need a touch up, and the complimentary breakfast choice is quite poor.
When you add the price of Parking, etc… this is by no means a good value, even in the New York Area, you can get a lot more for your money.…

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to LaGuardia Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!