“Average Stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of LaGuardia Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added LaGuardia Airport Hotel to your Saves list
LaGuardia Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100-15 Ditmars Boulevard, East Elmhurst, NY 11369 (Formerly Wyndham)   |
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Utah
“Average Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed here for one night before our cruise from Manhattan the next day. Shuttle was great- very prompt pick up from terminal. Check in was no so great. Made my reservation 4 months in advance for a king bed. Gave the gal at the desk (no name tag) my name and credit card. She gave me my room key- room 424. Went up the extremely small elevator and walked down the barren white walls to our room. Opened the door and there were 2 double beds! Went back downstairs. The gal tells us that she is very sorry but they are all out of king rooms (on a Monday night in April). I asked why she did not tell us when she gave us the keys and save us a trip. All she could say what that this was all they had available.
Restaurant is only open for lunch. Breakfast is continental style with nothing hot at all. We asked the attendant where the coffee was, he smirked back to us "Did you not see it on the table when you sat down?" The coffee is in individual caraffe's on every table, but he did not need to be rude. Did not visit the bar as it closed at 10pm and we came in late. We ordered pizza from Giannis and it was delicious!!!
Took the shuttle back to LGA in the AM and took a taxi to the port from there as it was cheaper than the towncar they quoted us at. (Be warned- NYC towncars do not have the same regulations as taxis. They can charge per person, not per trip).
We stayed on the airport side and had no problems with outside noise. The hotel was also very quiet. The carpet is in serious need of a good stretch and the TV only gets 17 channels. 4 of them are not in english. WiFi was actually pretty decent.
When checking in the invoice says to let the front desk know if you do not want a new york times and they will subtract .50. Told the gal in the morning checking out and she looked at me like I was crazy and said the paper is in the basket across the lobby and is included in the rate.
I just really dont think the employees, managers, owners care about the place. They wave everything off and are just plain average.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Bull Shoals, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Not great, but I was expecting more. The hotel is getting a little worn and would guess a closure was around the corner. The room was clean enough, although a little noisy. Its not the planes, its the freeway. Try to get a room not facing the freeway if you are a light sleeper.
The hotel advert is a little misleading regarding the resturant if you read quickly. The resturant serves a cold breakfast only and thats it. If you want food its the local chineese or Italian delivery. It does have a small bar with limited choices of wine and a high charge. Example: Cheap red wine $8.50 a glass and a little more for whisky & soda around $9.50. The bar maid is quite entertaining, so made up for it a bit. The airport shuttle is decent and the airport is close enough to walk to if you wish (or miss the bus), its just over the bridge and takes around 7 minutes at normal pace.
If you can get a decent rate here, you could do worse.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Although the hotel is old and the rooms need some TLC, the excellent service made up for it. Our shuttle bus driver was very friendly. The front desk clerks were all very helpful and Jeanelle, the bartender is probably one of the best I've ever come across. Taking public transit was very easy from this location. We stayed four days and slept well. The only thing I didn't care for was the shower. The head was at my shoulders so I had to crouch down to wet my hair. That and the water temperature never stayed consistent.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

This was one of the worst hotels I've stayed in. Luckily it was only for two nights. The paint in the bathroom was peeling everywhere. The service was lousy, and the breakfast was crap. I thought that the hotel, having the name of the airport would have a better place, but boy oh boy was I wrong.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Candor, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We live in upstate ny and were leaving on a Saturday for a flight to Florida. We booked a stay and park package for about the same price as airport parking. we arrived about 8:30 pm Friday night so we did not have much to say about the hotel's amenities.

the good - a night for 3 people in one room including parking while we were away, free shuttle to and from the airport and breakfast was $170.00 including tax. shuttle took us and picked us up promptly (we called after getting our bags from baggage claim and were picked up in 5 minutes). service was friendly from everyone we came in contact with. lobby seemed nice. continental breakfast was ok and well maintained/stocked.

the not as good. room was hot and stuffy. took forever to get cooled down. beds not as comfortable as they could be. room looked like it could use a little tlc/updating.

perhaps the oddest thing was the lack of anything on the hallway walls. kind of like a warehouse for people.I never thought that I'd want to see generic hotel hallway artwork.

all in all I feel that we definitely got a good deal for our $$$.

would we do it again? under similar circumstances, most definitely.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Requested 2 queen sized beds and got 2 full sized. I asked for extra towels, front desk attendent was rude and refused. Standard tv no cable.No free parking. Breakfast attendant makes you feel uncomfortable, they watch what and how much you eat.

• Stayed April 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I choice this hotel because I had a lay over flight the next day, when I got at the LaGaudia airport I did not find any courtesy phone which the telephone representative of LaGaurdia Aiport Hotel told me there would be one. Thank God there was an Airport employee nice enough to call the hotel from his cell phone to pick me up and my 16 year old daughter but the hotel hung up 2 time and the 3rd time they told him that the shuttle will pick us up inside the Aiport . Not convenced my daughter & I started walking around & flag down the shuttle. FYI the shuttle employee very rude. We finally got to the hotel at about 10:30. We had to wait at the reception for about 30 minutes before we checked in.

I reserved a month ago directly with the hotel for a non smokers room & I got a smokers room which stunk. The bed sheets smelled as if it where not washed. The TV remotr was broken. I asked for a wake up call at 5:30 am to catch my fight and I never got it but I got up by chance and caught my flight in time. When I told the receptionist about my experience he did not seem to care.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to LaGuardia Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!