“Great Hotel needs Wifi” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Tucson, Arizona
“Great Hotel needs Wifi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed over night for an early flight. Check in was great, shuttle was great, bed was great. Left too early for breakfast. The only problem was no WiFi in room. It was a sold out night but everything went smooth. Would stay again if they get wifi in their rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms on the outhouse side are quieter. Lower floors because of the planes are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Suela K, TPW Communications & Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear Smokedogaz,
Thank you for staying with us. Our location, our wonderful and dedicated staff and our breakfast selections sets us apart from our competition. I am thrilled to let you know that as we were looking into implementing WIFI in our rooms for the past few months it has now come in place. Our property will provide complimentary WIFI in the entire facility, common areas and guess rooms by the end of June 2013 all our rooms will have free WIFI.
I hope we get to welcome you back at the Hampton Inn LGA in your next visit in the area.

suela.kacani@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel before and consider it to better than the rating its given. I have found it to be a pleasant location with all the basic amenities. Upon my arrival on a cold and rainy Sat night by foot ( the Airport Transporter from NYC's Port Authority's Driver was kind enough to let me off near the hotel before proceeding to the Airport), I got confused when trying to find the entrance, but was directed to the lobby. The pleasant Hotel front desk clerk immediately recognized me from my previous stay last Fall, and quickly checked me in with an upgrade! My room was on the fourth floor and was nice and comfortable with a king sized bed. I'd bought dinner for a dear friend and myself at Memphis BBQ on 42nd St. When my friend arrived she asked me to buy her a bottle of water from the vending machine, which I discovered was broken. Unfortunately, I didn't have change for a ten dollar bill on me. I also had no coins or change in my room and so I went down to the front desk were I was tersely informed by a new person behind the counter (not the same person who'd checked me in) that "the hotel couldn't make change". This was a older woman who couldn't even make eye contact with me. Thankfully, a very polite customer standing next to me at the front desk offered me two dollar bills, "gratis" and said "Merry Xmas, this is your lucky day!" I thanked him and returned to my floor where I discovered the single dollar bills he'd given me didn't work in the soda machine either. Therefore, I walked down the hall and took the exit and walked downstairs to the 3rd floor. Fortunately, the soda machine on that floor was working just fine. My guest and I enjoyed a pleasant dinner together in my room. The following day, when she and I needed a cab to transport her to an important appointment, I approached the front desk again to ask if they'd call her a cab. The new front desk clerk now tersely informed me that the hotel didn't call cabs for guests and that guest were welcome to step out in the street to hail a cab. Upon hearing this, I found the remark to be rather rude and I told the clerk so. In fact, I told him I had never stayed at a hotel that couldn't or wouldn't summon a cab for a patron. He then told me again that this was the hotel's policy and that he could summon a car service if I provided him with the destination address. I asked him to do this and he complied and the car arrived in barely five minutes and transported my guest to her appointment. Overall, my stay at this hotel was good, but these two unpleasant encounters with front desk personnel that seemed a bit inured to the politer social graces, left me feeling as though I had landed on a different planet. I think this hotel could improve the quality of service provided by simply better training their staff in how to be more polite. Politeness in and of itself is worth and additional and higher star rating in my humble opinion. This is is a good property with fine accommodations and great amenities, including an excellent complemetary breakfast. However, I would suggest the addition of bacon, ham or sausage to the menu. I also found the signs on the elevator and on the backboard of my King bed, which announced the fact that the sheets were cleaned and changed for each guest, to be a bit much and frankly quite unnecessary. I always assume the sheets in hotels where I stay are fresh and clean. So, this sort of made me wonder if the hotel had previously had a problem with this issue somehow. My advice would be NOT to draw attention to such things and simply remove the signs, especially from the elevators where they are emblazoned on the doors at eye level. How does hotel management perceive that these signs are being received exactly I could not help but wonder. I would also suggest the hotel consider offering a liquid bath soap, instead of their standard bar soap. While there is a polite note in the bathroom that says, shaving cream and toothpaste, and tooth brushes, and lotion and or conditioner and shampoo can be provided, I believe these should already be in the rooms in order to save the guest from even having to make that call. Just one persons view, but I thought I should mention it here. "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure," is the famous old adage on this point. Maybe add some robes and slippers and a nice body wash along with a better shampoo and conditioner, and stress politeness to your front desk staff and you'll have 3 or 4 star rating in no time!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for an upgrade. Luckily, this hotel gives REALLY great rates via Priceline.com and I...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Sheldon F,
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn LGA while visiting the area. We are glad to see that you returned to our property for the second time. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience while looking for change, we will address the issue. I also do apologize for having had to wait longer for the cab. We do call cabs for all our guest and i have addressed the issue with our staff. Our team works hard every day in making sure our guests experience a problem free stay and we do hope to see you again for a chance to make it right.
Many thanks,
Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Although the hotel was packed to capacity, the staff were very accommodating and the stay pleasant. We were travelling with several family members and booked 8 rooms for a graduation in the area, yet we felt we received personal attention and hospitality. The rooms were immaculate, the breakfast good, the staff made sure we received whatever necessary to ensure our stay was comfortable and pleasant. I have stayed in this hotel many times, and continue to return whenever I am in the New York area because of its superior facilities and hospitable staff. I would recommend this hotel highly to anyone travelling in the New York area. It is also convenient to many attractions.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Suela K, TPWS Communications & Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Paula C,
Thank you for your wonderful feedback on our property.
Our staff is our pride and we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to see you again in the near future.

Brunswick, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Best comfort in NYC. Parking was no problem. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was extremely "spa-like" and comfortable. This hotel has always been my first choice when travelling to the city. More effort needed to get to public transportation, but can be done.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Suela K, TPWS Communications & Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Beth M,
I thank you very much for your wonderful feedback on our hotel. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn LGA to be your home away from home. Our staff is fantastic and your comments will delight them. I thank you again, and we hope to see you soon when you visit the area.

Many thanks.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I flew in late into LaGuardia for a morning meeting in the city. Was able to catch a cab and get into the city in 20 minutes. One thing to consider , this is not located in the best neighborhood, so going for a walk is not an option. I had food delivered that night and there was an armed security guard in the lobby. Although it is very close to the airport, it takes 15 m to get there by shuttle. Room was clean (although I didn't get a full size ironing board). Bed was comfy.

Room Tip: Again, don't expect to walk anywhere for anything. There is no stores or restaurants nearby.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear cmhcoop,
Thank you for staying with us. We are a short distance from the city and right across from the LGA airport. Our staff takes pride in everything we do every day to ensure our guest's satisfaction which is our top priority.
We hope to see you soon again.

suela.kacani@Hilton.com
Houston, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The hotel airport shuttle service makes it very easy to be on time, you are taken to your exact gate. You can check earlier than other hotels which is a great value to the traveller. Cleanliness was great, no odors, bathroom with enough towels.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Suela K, TPWS Communications & Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Roland R,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to review our wonderful property on TripAdvisor.
We hope to see you again on your next visit to the area.

Many thanks,
New Haven, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We decided to fly out of LaGuardia this year instead of Bradley (in CT). Our first diea was to hire a car service to Laguardia but that meant getting up at 3AM and still never knowing if the traffic would make us late. For about the same cost as a car service we drove up the night before, parked our car for the entire stay, stayed in the most comfortable beds and were able to awake the next morning a a reasonable hour, get a free breakfast and free shuttle ride to the airport. Thats way better than getting up at 3AM and stressing. Next time I fly I am going back here.

Room Tip: Use the parking deal and get up to 10 days of parking included in your room. The garage was well lit...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Suela K, TPWS Communications & Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Robert S,
Thank you for choosing our hotel while flying out of LGA airport. And thank you for sharing the great feedback on TripAdvisor.
Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel, and we look forward to serving you again on your next trip.

suela.kacani@hilton.com

Been to Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport? Share your experiences!