“Terrible shuttle service from the airport.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Airport Parking Included
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Terrible shuttle service from the airport.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I waited 45 minutes in freezing cold for a shuttle that never came. On my 3rd call to the hotel the lady who answered the phone told me because I'm waiting at Terminsl B in front of the Spirit Airlines sign, I really needed to go upstairs to the departure level, for their shuttle only picks up at that level. Even though that is odd-- I saw shuttles from at least 4 other hotels at the arrival level -- it would be fine if they had told me that when I first called, but not on my 3rd call 45 minutes later! I finally took a taxi, and it was only a 5-min ride. What's worse was the lady made it sound like it was my fault as according to her the driver has gone by twice without finding me. I can see it's probably not the driver's fault, but someone in the management needs to straighten this mess out.

The hotel is fine otherwise, nothing fancy but adequate, especially with the rate I got on Hotwire.

• Stayed March 2013
Suela K, communications & Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear LoneWayfarer2013,
First i would like to THANK YOU for your review and for pointing out what seems to be a very frustrating issue in regards to the service you experienced with our shuttle form the airport. Please allow me to apologize on behalf of our staff for not being able to relate the right message and the pick up place to you. We are looking into this issue and we will take actions in making sure this does not happen again. I have notified the appropriate department as we look into this for you.
Our hotel and the proximity toe LGA airport makes us a great hotel to stay at while visiting the area. Feel free to contact me directly if you need further assistance. We appreciate your feedback and we do hope that you will give us another chance as we try to make this right.

suela.kacani@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Toms River, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Had an early morning flight so i needed to stay close to the airport. This was one of the nicer airport hotels i have been. Check in was a breeze. Parking was $15. per night (reasonable). The rooms were comfortable and fresh. Told the hotel that i enjoyed and they said, why not write a review!!! Would stay again.

Room Tip: How do you give a room tip unless you stay in more then one room?
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Suela K, Communications & Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear skygirl321,
Thank you for a very nice review. WE are happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Hampton Inn LaGuardia. I would also like to particularly thank you for recognizing our hotel as being one of the nicer airport hotels that you have been. This is great news for us and it only motivates us to do even better. See you soon and travel safe!!!

Loomis, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed one night but was pleased with the room and the shuttle service to the airport. I actually dropped my car off at National which is on the same street as the hotell and walked the block to get there. The room seemed a little darker than I would like and there isn't much close by to explore.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear SharksPep,
Thank you for your nice review. Being at a such close proximity to the airport makes a great location to stay while in and out from LaGuardia airport, however we do offer a shuttle service to the train station as well, where you can take the subway for a short ride and find yourself in the city with a plethora of great things to do. We will be happy to take you to the train next time you stay with us.

suela.kacani@hitlon.com
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hotel staff were friendly and the security guard in the lobby at night seemed dutiful, but the hotel and experience was disappointing. My husband and I were in New York City for 1 night and stayed here because it is close to LaGuardia Airport. The walls in the room were paper-thin and we could hear all of our neighbors' conversations (which were a normal volume level)...in fact I woke up several times in the middle of the night because of hearing 3 or 4 neighbors snoring so loudly.

The pool is not in the building...it is at a neighboring hotel and the breakfast staff were not very friendly and I found a hair in my eggs. The fire alarm went off as well while we were there (there was no fire). We won't be going back to this one.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor near the end of the hallway
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Suela K, TPW Communications & Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Vlajadoradelmundo,
THank you for staying with us. I understand the importance of being able to have a good nights sleep. I am sorry to hear about the "noises" you were able to hear from the next room. Please feel free to reach out to me should you decide to discuss further.
Our sister property has an indoor pool which is connected to our hotel and our guests are welcomed to utilize. In addition, i am sorry your experience at our breakfast buffet was less than pleasing. Please accept my apologies, as we are communicating your feedback to the appropriate departments and looking into your concerns.
Emporia, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The shuttle from LaGuardia airport was prompt, the check-in was fast by a friendly person after a short drive from the airport, and the room was clean and nice. There was no refrigerator or microwave in the room, but I don't use them anyway. There was a coffee maker and hair drier in the bathroom. In the closet was an iron and ironing board. The bed was comfortable and the room on the fourth floor was quiet . The 42 inch LCD TV had a good selection of channels and the bath had a large shower and nice lotions, etc. The breakfast was OK. I purchased the room on Hotwire for a very competive price for New York. I plan to stay there the next time I travel to LaGuardia.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Suela K, Communications & Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear KJ40,
I would like to thank you for your wonderful review. We have a dedicated team that puts our guest's needs at top priority. I am very happy to see that you had a very nice experience at the hotel. There aren't refrigerator and microwaves in all our rooms, however we do have them available and can bring them up to the rooms if you request them. They are available upon request. We are looking forward to your return and having the opportunity to serve you once again.

Binghamton, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I came here for an acting audition and I chose to stay here for an overnight stay. Our rooom was great (just needed to be only a little bit more updated) but it was great. But isnt it a little dissapointing that they have to share a pool with the hotel nextdoor... The breakfast lady who seated us was texting her friends while walking us.... no one helped us with our luggage either! Everything else was clean and a great sleep. Come only for a overnight stay.

Room Tip: Stay only overnight
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
jnorrisNYCLA, General Manager at Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience via TripAdvisor. We are sorry to hear of the poor service you experienced at breakfast and we will use your feedback as part of our ongoing service training. We strive to make every guest feel valued and comfortable and we hope you will give us another opportunity to do so the next time you visit the city.

Jim Norris
Hampton Inn LGA
jim.norris@hilton.com
Newark, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Hotel staff was very helpful, but the hotel itself was a disappointment. The room itself was clean and of good size, but we encountered several problems: One evening hot water ran out (manager said parts were unavailable over Presidents Day weekend). Heater/AC was so noisy we had to turn it off, and the desk chair was worn and unadjustable. Hard to believe the facility is only 3 years old.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Gary G,
Thank you for your honest feedback, as it helps us take corrective actions and improve areas that need attention. Our staff truthfully is the pride of our hotel and we are fortunate to have them. Our building is in fact 3 years old, pretty new and i am surprised to see of the "defect" on the furniture. We are looking into fixing it and replacing whats needed.
We value your kind feedback. If i can further assist with this or future reservations, do not hesitate to contact me directly.
suela.kacani@hilton.com

Been to Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport? Share your experiences!