“Fun casual spot” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
New York City, New York
“Fun casual spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Food is good tavern fare, super friendly staff & chef. Bar great, love to throw peanut shells on floor.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Will never go back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Sat outside,ordered, brother had a beer, sister in law got her salad and then we sat there for one hour and 15 minutes. When we started questioning the waitress she said ten more minutes. Then a very,very rude man who seemed to be in charge told us if we had ordered something like chicken fingers we wouldnt have had to wait so long! Needless to say, we then left. My brother even paid for his beer, as which certainly should have been free as an apology for such a horrible non meal.will never go there again.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hamilton, Canada
“Lunch was good but nothing was outstanding about this place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Overall, the food and service was average. The place is rather small and does have an outside seating. My spouse had the East End burger with Buffalo Bison beer and enjoyed it. I had the Pull-pork sandwich on a pretzel bun. Both meals were acceptable. I noticed that there was no apparent way for handicap patrons to get into the restaurant except for maybe the front patio.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Under age patrons. Beyond rude male bartender.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Dive bar. Smokers patio outside. Rude lazy male bartender. Horrible music. Under age drinkers. Dont waste your time or money.

Rochester, NY
“We had a friendly Bartender”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

After reading some of the reviews after the fact, I find it hard to believe we were at the same establishment. Our experience however different and very pleasureable.

After several hours of visiting Vidlers 5 & 10 which I find interesting is not listed here on Tripadvisor, my GF and I looked for a place to eat within walking distance. We were attracted to live musicians playing on the covered deck of the East End Grille and Tap Room. We opted to eat inside where it was air conditioned since the day was very hot. It worked well because we could still hear the musicians play through the large front window.

We sat at the bar which is our custom for quicker service and we were greeted by the most friendly bartender. We exchanged many pleasantries including the bartenders experiences in Key West. A Location my GF and I want very much to visit some day.

Unlike the other reviewers concerns we were told right up front that the did not take credit cards and that an ATM was available. We had no problem with that and continued with our order.

I had the Reuben on a pretzel roll and my GF opted for the same but with Turkey. For me the corned beef was excellent. Tender and practically melted in your mouth. The pretzel roll was fresh and not difficult to chew. My GF thoroughly enjoyed her Turkey "reuben" except for the fact that there was so much turkey on the sandwich she had to put some to the side.

Good food, attentive service and a delightful place all around. We would definitely go back again and probably will because I want to go back to Vidlers soon.

• Visited May 2012