“A great, friendly breakfast!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Rochester, New York
“A great, friendly breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

Had breakfast, plenty big, fairly priced, excellent pancakes and potato pancakes.
Really liked it! Had at least 12 kinds of pie listed on the wall board (it appears they make their own!)

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

East Aurora, New York
“4$ for 2 slices of tomatoes”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

November 27,2010
Among other items, ordered 2 grilled cheese sandwiches for $3.50 each.
Asked if I could have a slice of tomato, the answer was "yes'.
When the bill arrived, my grilled cheese cost $5.50 each.
That's $4.00 for a couple slices of tomatoes
No warning by server.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York
“Keep That Fish Away From Me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2009

We used to stop here on our trips between Allegany Co. & Buffalo. Usually, we'd have the breakfast , regardless of the time of day, because it was a great value for the price and delicious. One day, we decided to try the Fish Fry. When the plates came out, I noticed a disagreeable and very obvious odor. I asked the waitress to check my fish but she didn't know if it smelled bad or not because "I don't eat fish". After taking the dish back to the kitchen, the cook agreed it was bad. He/she didn't notice that when they were cooking it? Needless to say, although I was not charged for the dinner, that was a real appetite killer. My advice? Stick to the breakfasts. As for us, we found Charlie's Diner in East Aurora offers a reasonable and tasty alternative to the Iron Kettle.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Buffalo, NY
“Great Food - Awesome Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

Great food, very large portions at very low prices, probably the most reasonable restaurant in east aurora. Awesome service, our waitress was very friendly and knew the menu very well she answered our questions right on the spot without having to go and check with someone else like at other restaurants. I could tell that she had been working there for a while, and thats what I like people who are experienced and know what they are talking about, and she took great care of us!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere