“butternut squash ravioli!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Medici House

Medici House
634 Main St, East Aurora, NY 14052 (Formerly Tantalus Restaurant Bar & Cafe)
716-652-0341
Good for: Bar scene
Strykersville, New York, United States
“butternut squash ravioli!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I have been to the restaurant twice now. The food is amazing. Two items caught my eye and I had one entree that night and went back to try the second. It was out of this world good! And their cosmos and martinis are wonderful. Our waiter the second evening had good knowledge of the beer selections as well.

• Visited November 2013

Orchard Park, New York
“Good food, but...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

this place is EXTREMELY loud. I hesitate to write negative reviews, because one person's "not good" is another reviewer's "really good"...but IMHO, this restaurant has some work to do.We opted to sit in the bar which was quieter than the restaurant, and still could barely hear each other talk. I know they closed Tantulus, renovated, and re-opened as Medici House. Honestly, I didn't see much difference. If anything.a smaller menu, but certainly not the upscale restaurant they describe themselves as, nor I was expecting. Service was ok, not great. They must address the noise issue before I would come back.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
LaurieK826, Owner at Medici House, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Gail,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that the food was to your liking. Unfortunately, I have no solution to the “sound issue.” When we established our Restaurant 10+ years ago we had the opportunity to have a drop-tile, foam ceiling installed. It would have corrected the problem, not to mention reduce our heating/air conditioning bills considerably, but would have stripped the restaurant of its history, character and charm. Installing acoustic tiles for sound absorption, as found in concert halls and auditoriums, would have cost a small fortune. So we plod on, focusing our attention on our menu and plates, and in spite of any shortcomings, always striving to satisfy the palate of our guests.

Regards,
--Laurie Kutas
Medici House
depew ny
“I love this place! Best food around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I loved this place! Even when it was Tantalus. Now called Medici House, The same owners still have a hit on their hands! The food here is way beyond what you will find anywhere else, it is fresh, original, just a perfect meal no matter when you eat. My favorite dish is the Putinesca Ala Neptune (spelling may be off) (Thanks for putting it back on the menu!) There is something different, addictive, fantastic tasting in this dish, you have to try this if you even remotely like seafood! They do specialty pizza's, salad's seafood and steaks as well, all to perfection. You will not find a better restaurant anywhere. The staff are the best, even when the house if full, very professional. We have been coming here for years, Go and see why! This is what happens when the owners take pride!

Buffalo, Texas
“This Past Weekend.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Went to the Medici House restaurant in East Aurora this past weekend with friends. We didn’t have a reservation and had to wait for a table for six to open up - understandable, the place bursting at the seams. Bar drinks were good and beer list was huge (cosmo, martini and a handful of drafts helped during our 20+ minute wait). Our waiter was very good, a bus boy brought bread to the table before we even opened our menus. We shared a couple New York pies, very thin crust, the kind you would expect in Manhattan or Boston. The pizzas were large enough to be our meal. I had stroganoff, which tasted awesome. The portion was big enough for two. I can’t remember what everyone ordered but there were no complaints. Thanks Mr. Medici for the great meal. Sorry we haven’t found out about you sooner! We will be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
PA
“Nice Atomosphere and Great Quality of Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We ordered a grilled romaine salad and the spinach and bacon pizza and thought both were delicious. We also really enjoyed the atmosphere.