“OUTSTANDING MEXICAN!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 42 Restaurants in East Aurora
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: A pleasant surprise; but first, upon entering Arriba Tortilla in East Aurora we were skeptical. Decorations reminded us of the Mexico we had visited many times in the past, but upon closer inspection we noticed the “cafeteria” quality seating. Servers, although very nice, were very slow considering the few patrons in the restaurant at the time. We decided to make the best of it and ordered the “house margaritas” to go with the complimentary fresh made chips and salsa. Chips are excellent and salsa, like spaghetti sauce, can differ with the chef or family preparing it. The quality of the margaritas tipped the scale so we did proceed to the menu. We would, however, suggest serving margaritas in margarita glasses, not Manhattan glasses. We ordered the Grilled Steak Fajitas and the Shrimp Skewers. Both were unbelievably good. Very large portions so we will enjoy the other half for lunch tomorrow. The steak fajitas were $17.42 and served with tortillas. It arrived on a sizzling hot iron server with peppers, onions and a side of guacamole, pico de gallo and sour cream. It was also served with a dish of rice, refried beans and corn pudding. Steak was very tender and had great flavor. The Shrimp Skewers were 11.24 and came with 3 wooden skewers of 5 shrimp each. They were wonderfully seasoned and cooked to perfection. The plate included very flavorful moist rice with pineapple salsa and jalapeno jelly. Margaritas were $4.50 each. Despite the slow start we will definitely race to this place again. We would suggest visiting Vidler's 5 & 10 in town and 10 miles away Made in America Store
Clearwater, Florida
“OUTSTANDING MEXICAN!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I ate here twice and the food is awesome! There are not many choices for Mexican in the WNY area but this is by far the best. The portions are very generous and tasty. I eat at Mexican restaurants world wide and this ranks right up there with some of the highest food quality and presentations I have seen. It seems the poster who gave this a poor review had some other issues with this restaurant because I assure you the food is outstanding! The "other" restaurant he was referring to in Orchard Park was a good restaurant (until it burnt down)....but food is much better at Arriba! In comparision to the "other" restaurant, the margaritas at Arriba could use a little work, they are kinda of small and weak.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hamburg, New York
“It's terrible...just terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Everything wrong with a Mexican restaurant is here. Better than a frozen burrito at the local gas station but not by a whole lot. I feel sorry for the people in this area as there are no good Mexican places to eat within 50 miles since the one 7 miles from Arriba burnt down.

Visited October 2012
Buffalo NY
“Good Mexican, Great Tequila”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

A comfortable, neighborhood place with good food and happy, helpful servers. Some of the typical Mexican entrees, and a surprise or two, all done well. The unexpected gem is the extensive selection of tequila from their small bar.

Visited October 2012
Buffalo, New York
“Always delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I've gone to Arriba several times, and eaten most things on their menu, without having a bad time. Service is great, chips and salsa are included, and, although its usually busy, I've never had to wait for a table. I find the decor fun, colorful and tastefully tacky too. I like it a lot.

Just the tacos are enough of a meal for me, unless I'm really hungry, in which case I order something larger. The more expensive dishes are larger, but even the cheaper ones I have trouble finishing at times. The enchiladas and chile relleno are also good, though the pork tamale is my favorite, with the right amount of savory and sweet flavors. I don't think you can have a bad time here, unless you don't like Mexican. Even if you don't, they do have a burger on the menu too.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A nice find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

My friend and I walked to this restaurant from our hotel. It was busy, but our waitress was prompt. Chips and salsa given freely....and the chips were crispy, the salso not to spicey...good! My friend had the chimichanga (sp?) and loved it. I had the chicken and corn salsa quesidallis (sp?) and they also were good. Big portions! The restaurant was a bit too noisy, but well worth the visit.