“Great seafood dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
lima
“Great seafood dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We had dinner at Vito E Vino during their Festa di Mare (Festival of the Sea) event. The restaurant was very busy so I was happy we had made reservations. We were seated immediately on one of the patio areas the restaurant has. Our friends were running late but the servers were very nice about it. We started with a dozen clams casino and 5 Vito's oysters which are cooked in a wood fired oven with pancetta, wild mushrooms and cheese. The clams casino were average but the oysters were outstanding. They were expertly cooked and had incredible flavor. Two of us had the Lobster dinner which had a 1.5lb lobster with potatoes and corn for only $24 each. One of us had traditional Cioppino ($18) and one had the Frutta di Mare ($18) which was shrimp and scallops in a lobster cream sauce. Everyone loved their entree's. Each one was generous and expertly prepared. Overall we had a wonderful meal and the service could not have been better. We can't wait until they hold this event again.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

I went with my mother and we go out weekly. Very particular about where we go. Tried out the raw bar which was awesome ...oysters and clams delicious. My favorite was Vito oysters absolutely delicious! Service was awesome. We will go back soon.... Not very many awesome restaurants out in east Amherst but this one is a jewel!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Buffalo, New York
“Better with ageing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

For and establishment that stumbled coming out of the gate, recovery has been swift and complete. Re-visiting last week after a less-than-stellar experience their first weeks of operation months ago, I can only say our experience was delightful. The attentiveness of the staff from the front door to the table to the kitchen was prompt, sincere, and competent. The recommendation of a wine was apropos both for the food and cost, the description spot-on . Our meals were delicious, prepared and served to order including some rather tricky vegan requests.
In sum, this was a memorable meal and dining experience. Full marks.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
East Amherst
“What A Difference!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Yes, we did return and was very impressed with both the SERVICE and food. Lets start with the service: The team that took care of the table (waitress and supporting others) were very knowledgeable, helpful and professional. We watched how they treated others in the same room and there was no difference - They knew what to do and did it!!!

The food was so different from the first time I was there, that we knew there was a chang in attitude in the kitchen. The chef visited each table and asked for a review of the food. Our meal was very tastey and exceeded our expectations (the waitress' description was perfect). The appetizers were exceptional (clams - cold and presented properly; the cheese/meat tray was perfect).

The original description of this restaurant stated that this place may not be around in 90 days. Now I believe it is the premier Italian restaurant in the area and will probably be around for a long period of time. I did talk with the Jerry Clementi, General Manager, and complemented him on the complete turn around. The first review was within 30 days of the opening and it was his one night off a week.

Now my wife and I believe Jerry and his team have their act together. And we will return and bring others!! (If we can get reservations!)

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Clarence, NY
“I'm on the Fence about it.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I am willing to give this place another try because we had some hits and misses. The half price wine on Monday night was a nice discovery. We ordered the trio of crab cakes. Thought they would be prepared three different ways based on the menu, but just received three of the same. They were delicious. I ordered the pesto chicken and pasta dish. Because the waiter had raved that they make their own pasta, I was really excited. The pasta was overcooked and the dish had way too much pesto sauce on it. The flavor was good, however. My husband ordered the mixed seafood with marinara dish. He thought it was good, but not as good as some other places around town (like 31 Club). We then ordered the roasted strawberry gelato which was kind of icy like it had been around for too long or not stored properly. Good taste, but bad texture. Overall, I would give it an average rating and might try it again. No rush.

• Visited June 2014