“Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Buffalo, New York
“Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I cannot count the number of times I have had the opportunity to visit YOLO and in all the times I have yet to be disappointed.
The service is always accommodating, Justin (owner) is attentive and the manager is extremely personable.
The specials always allow for something different but the regular dishes provide fantastic flavor!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Williamsville, New York
“excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went to have dinner with some friends who had already tried this place a couple of times and all I can say is I will be back. Great menu choices for anyone. We had salads, burgers, and sandwiches but the dinners looked fabulous with presentation A PLUS. I will be taking a group of ladies there for lunch, they will not be disappointed, Prices were reasonable and service was wonderful.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This fairly new restaurant offers excellent service and very good food, reasonably priced. Do not let the location in a strip mall turn you off. The many drink specials and friendly atmosphere are highly recommended. We have visited numerous times and are always satisfied. Recently my husband tried the fish special which was served in a Greek style. He has raved about it ever since.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dubbo, New South Wales, Australia
“Hoping bar, good food, nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Highly Recommend if you are looking for a jazzy place for a drink and a meal. We went for Fish Fry Friday which is a local custom of doing a fish special on Friday's. good value and meals not too big for non-Americans!

“Not what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I came here with my boyfriend for dinner on Valentine’s Day, after family recommended we dine here after their recent visit.

We weren’t familiar with its location, besides that it was down Transit Road in East Amherst. Upon arrival, we were a little surprised to find it’s location in a strip plaza with other businesses varying from clothing stores to beauty salons. We were told this place was more modern and upscale, I kind of expected something different I guess. After entering, our predictions were further contradicted. The overall feel and atmosphere was not anticipated. It was very open, cold, and reminded me of a gymnasium the way it was painted and because of the ceiling. It was one large room, which was divided into a bar and a dining area by a single half wall, running the restaurant’s entire length. It just felt like they were trying to be modern and ultra chic, but couldn’t properly deliver that vibe to its guests.

Trying not to focus on the ambiance anymore, we sat at the bar for a drink prior to being seated for our dining reservation. Both bartenders we encountered were very friendly and accommodating. We were seated shortly after and greeted by our waitress. We already viewed the menu at the bar and knew what we wanted to order. We started off with the Calamari Diavolo, which was “lightly breaded and seasoned fresh calamari, sprinkled with parmesan cheese and served with a spicy marinara sauce”. We are both avid calamari fans, and this dish definitely topped my list for one of the best calamari appetizers I have had around town. For dinner, I had the chicken Caesar salad because I can never eat much of an entrée after indulging in an appetizer. The salad was up to par with a chicken Caesar salad that I would expect from this type of restaurant….nothing over the top, but still good. My boyfriend had the Black and Blue Angus Burger. I don’t eat hamburgers so I didn’t try this, but he seemed to be quite pleased. What I did try of his though was the sweet potato fries, and those were delicious!!!

We were both very pleased with the food and the service; however I am big on making sure I love the mood and the ambiance of where I wine and dine, and this place just didn’t cut it. I particularly like to take my dining travels mostly throughout various neighborhoods in the city; so to get me to come to the suburbs I have to really like a place. I wouldn’t go out of my way to return to YOLO, but if in the area I may stop in for a quick drink and enjoy some calamari at the bar, as opposed to dining in the dining room.

• Visited February 2013