“Fresh accommodations and food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Drover Hill Farm B&B

Drover Hill Farm B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Earlville
Drover Hill Farm B&B
You added Drover Hill Farm B&B to your Saves list
1014 Earlville Rd, Earlville, NY   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Earlville B&B and Inns
Chittenango NY
“Fresh accommodations and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

When you hear the word "farm" you may have a preconceived notion of what to expect from this B&B experience. If that notion is anything but fresh, throw it out. Everything here at the B&B was fresh from the linens to the air and especially the uber local breakfast that Stephanie and William served. Farm fresh eggs, local yogurt with fresh berries. Hot and fresh buttermilk biscuits and farm fresh bacon from their own pigs. You will not be at all disappointed when you choose this B&B to stay at. It is less than 10 minutes from Hamilton and Colgate University and is right down the street from great dining at a local restaurant.
If you are looking for a working farm escape, or just a plain old escape from the hustle and bustle of every day, you need look no further than this inn.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
east aurora
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

We went to the "Madison Antique Week" and decided we'd like to stay at a bed & breakfast. We are tired of the sterile, cookie cutter, hotel rooms. I called the chamber of commerce and "Drover Hill Farm" was highly recogmended. I was lucky enough to get their last room. The other three were already filled. I found out latter, that Stephanie & William get a lot of repeat boarders. I can understand why. The stay was a warm and fuzzy one! The home is warm and inviting. It is decorated in wonderful antiques and Stephanie and William treat you like family. They are so warm and gracious that it doesn't take long before they feel like old and dear friends. They go out of their way to make your stay a memorable one. The rooms are nice sized and clean. The beds are really comfortable and we had no problem sleeping! The breakfast was delicious! we stayed 3 days and had homemade french toast, quiche and blueberry pancakes and bacon on the last day. There was always coffe, tea, juice and lots of fresh fruit . The house is wrapped in porches were you can sit and relax at the end of a busy day.Stephanie and William have a bonfire going every night. There are all kinds of things you can do. You can check out the farm, play cards or pool, hike, fish or just sit out on one of those fabulous porches and just chill out with a glass of wine and enjoy the fresh air and the beautiful views.I grew up on a farm, so it took me back to a quieter time where the hussle and bussle of your everyday lives melts away and a feeling of peace and well being takes over. We only had 3 days before we had to go home. I wish it had been longer! We will absolutely return and already plan to stay next year. i'm going to book early because the "Drover Hill Farm B&B" books quickly and once you've been there, you just can't wait to come back for more!

Room Tip: The Hat Room has a private bath and a extra small bedroom. Perfect for a family with 1 or 2 children...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Mountain Lakes, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

From the first of our many visits to Drover Hill Farm, we knew that we had found a jewel . The peaceful serenity of the spectacular landscape, the fresh mountain air and the simplicity of an incredibly well tended farm, set the stage for a deeply relaxing and memorable stay that lingers in the heart . There is something about this place that has a magical quality. Simply put, you sense immediately, that this is a place that has evolved as a labor of love. The victorian farmhouse run by Stephanie and William Lipsey provides beautiful, comfortable sleeping accommodations. Every room and bath is immaculate with an attention to detail. The breakfasts are absolutely delicious and often include organic and home grown products. Animal lovers can wander outside and discover a rare treat. Prized scottish highland and angus cattle mingle with other creatures in the pastures and barns. I could spend a day (or a year :)) and never tire of the refreshment. It is the perfect place to bring a book, sit on the porch, sleep in or venture to some of the nearby excellent small restaurants and shops. If you are debating a stay at a working farm, go . . . you will undoubtedly come away enriched by the authenticity of the experience and the wonderful, welcoming friendliness of your hosts. Jeanne Naughton

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Venice, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

We stayed a night at Drover Hill Farm B&B as a quiet getaway. It was fabulous. The owners were so friendly. William and Stephanie gave us a great tour of the farm and shared lots of interesting facts with us. We highly recommend this place. OH, and the breakfast was amazing!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Ft. Collins
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

This is one of the better Bed & Breakfast I have ever stayed at. William & Stephanie are delightful, they make you feel at home in their beautiful Farm house Bed & Breakfast. The breakfast they serve is better than anything you get at a restaurant and they make it fresh each morning. And it is fun to talk with them about their farm, they take great pride in being small local farmers and deservedly so. I would recommend staying at the Dover Farm Bed & breakfast with no hesitations.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

My children's 'dream vacation' had always been Disney World, and in 2009 I finally had saved enough money to take them there. A great time was had by all. This year I decided to try a Bed&Breakfast type vacation nearby and chose Drover Hill Farm. We'd had their meat products before, and really liked the owners William and Stephanie. Our time at Drover Hill Farm B&B was spent relaxing in the beautiful countryside of the Fingerlakes region of New York. Rolling hills, blue skies, friendly folks all around. We fished nearby (never did catch anything, but even now my son says, the fishing was his favorite part). My daughter's favorite part was sitting around the bon fire just chilling. My oldest son truly enjoyed just 'being', as did I. No lines, no walking, no crowds, no traveling outside the brief car ride to get there. One evening we procured a package of Drover Hill hotdogs and roasted and ate them all by the bon fire with William and Stephanie. Each morning we rose and had a wonderful breakfast, made by William and Stephanie. It was worth it all, just for the aroma of breakfast in the house in the mornings. As a mom…it was great to have breakfast made by someone other than me. I cannot say enough great things about William and Stephanie and their Bed & Breakfast. They treated us like family…we will be back. Before we left to head back to our lives in the big(ger) city of Syracuse, a cow was about to give birth, so we stuck around and watched. It was so unbelievably amazing…especially when William sensed there might be trouble and ran out into the field to help. Thanks to him, all was well, and their herd grew by one that day. Nearly a year after that vacation, my kids STILL say it was the BEST VACATION EVER!!! (remember,…we'd been to Disney!).

Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Mountain Lakes, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

I've been staying at "the farm" when visiting Colgate for several years, and I wouldn't stay anywhere else. Stephanie and William are so friendly and gracious, and they will do anything to make your stay extra special. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and beautifully decorated. The breakfasts are outstanding and plentiful. The farm is very peaceful and fun to explore. The company is excellent. I will the farm after graduation, but will stay in touch with Stephanie and WIlliam and look for reasons to come and visit them. Their beef (for sale) is also excellent, and my sons appreciate the bacon and sausage I pick up for them. I recommend this place to all my friends.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Drover Hill Farm B&B? Share your experiences!