“Return visit still very good” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 33 Restaurants in Dobbs Ferry
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Locally owned and operated, Sushi Mike's offers a wide array of authentic Japanese dishes, ranging from classic Japanese dishes such as chicken teriyaki and chirashi to chef-inspired entrees such as BBQ squid and a variety of creative specialty rolls. Our cozy neighborhood establishment is friendly with a casual and modern ambiance. Come on in for a special during lunchtime or stop by for a delicious Japanese dinner. You can also order your favorites on-line for dine-in or take-out. In addition, Sushi Mike's can help you plan and cater your next special event, may it be a birthday party, corporate meeting, or rehearsal dinner! Please contact us for more information. At Sushi Mike's we only use the freshest and highest-quality ingredients. Customer satisfaction is very important to us, so please don't hesitate to leave us feedback! We look forward to serving you!
Delray Beach, Florida
“Return visit still very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Last November we visited Sushi Mike's on a light Monday night. The experience was great and I couldn't wait to return. Well last night, Friday, I got my chance to return and I am still impressed. We had 6 pm reservations and when we arrived at 5:45 pm the place was packed. They told us we would be seated in 15 minutes and they were right on the money. We started our meal with two varieties of soba noodles for the table; one with seafood and the other with chicken. Both were delicious. My entree of Spicy Chicken and my wife's entree of Shrimp Tempora both came with salad and Miso soup. I am not a Miso soup lover and usually avoid it, but their Miso is absolutely wonderful. We also got to sample some sushi that was ordered by other members of our party. The Kamikazi Roll was especially tasty. My only negative comment about Sushi Mike's is that I felt the meal was rushed. Although the crowds had quieted down, it was like they were trying to get us out so they could turn the tables. That did not detract from an excellent meal and I certainly will return at every opportunity.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mike Y, Owner at Sushi Mike's Japanese Restaurant, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
It's great to hear that you've been impressed with everything from the food to the service on both of your visits. We appreciate you taking the time to share such thoughtful feedback with us and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Cheers,
Sushi Mike's

DOBBS FERRY
“Best Sushi in Westchester”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Sushi Mike's has the most delicious sushi in Westchester. The rolls are all really different and the sushi is very fresh. I've never had a bad meal.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Your compliments mean the world to us. Thanks so much for sharing your kudos here on Trip Advisor. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

'Til next time,
Sushi Mike's
Stormville, New York
“Reliable place to go for a decent lunchbox”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

My kids like Sushi Mikes. They love the undersea murals that adorn the walls. We like the relaxed ambience and soft jazz playing in the background. If we are in the area and need lunch, this is our reliable go-to place. Standard sushi but fresh and reasonably well-made. Their tea is good too.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dobbs Ferry, New York
“Great Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife and daughters eat here all of the time. They get very busy at dinner but go a little bit early or late and enjoy the freshest Sushi. Great service and the owner makes sure that all of the food is always fresh. Small restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
Delray Beach, Florida
“Lives up to the great reviews”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Each time my wife and I visit from Florida we hear such great things about Sushi Mikes, but we finally got to dine there tonight. It was everything we heard. The room is small but very comfortable. We went on a Monday night when it was not too crowded, but I can see how it would fill up fast. There were five of us in the party including two teenage boys who are sushi nuts. We started out with an entree order of Soba noodles as a table appetizer, followed by soups all around. Not being a lover of Miso, I opted for a dumpling soup which was out of this world. Four of us devoured eight specialty rolls, which were all delicious. And my wife, not being a sushi lover, went with the Chicken Tempura, which was absolutely wonderful. The crust was the lightest and the chicken was the juiciest she had ever tasted. The only negative was that the Tempura arrived very much after the rolls, which was a little awkward. The server explained that, since they are fried in the kitchen, they take longer than the rolls to prepare. It seems to me that all the dishes should have been held back until the entire order could be delivered together. That being said, the servers and bussers were very professional and efficient and even brought a complimentary bowl of ice cream to make up for the tempura issue. The kids were happy with the ice cream. Overall, it was a wonderful meal in a really nice restaurant and I cant wait to return.

• Visited November 2013