My family stayed the week after July 4th. We stayed in cabin 5 with a million dollar view of the lake. 2 bedroms and a small kitchen. Mike is an excellent host and makes sure that all are comfortable and no one interrupts the harmony. We have a 9yr old son and Mike was great at introducing our son and us to other long term returning guests. We loved the campfire - had smores. My husband & son caught a ton of fish from the cottages rowboat right in front of the hote. Mike's Dad helped show my husband how to filet since we NEVER catch fish.... We rented from Yankee marina a bowrider for some tubing and fishing. Fantastic vacation for the price. We also went horseback riding down the street. You can see the lake from the trails. Met a bunch of great folks from CT and some from New York Long Island. We all had a great time. Was wonderful. Thanks for the memories Mike & friends ~
The only negatives are:
* Poor WiFi service. Hubby couldn't log on to work computer. Guess this makes you have a REAL vacation from work :)
* No Verizon phone service within a mile up the street and down the street. Only got Verizon in the boat on the lake.
* The futons are too thin to be used as couches. Really uncomfortable.
The PROS :)
* You really catch fish!
* the row boat !
* ping pong & shuffle board. Our son had a great time!
* Water and beach are immaculate! No dirty birds here :)
* Having a functioning kitchen.
* A host who really is committed to everyone's happiness!
* location is fantastic - not too far from the village.
*Close to horseback riding stables
* Close to marina to rent boats and jet skis
- Also Known As:
- Mt. Knoll Beach Cottages Lake George, NY - Diamond Point
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A seasonal family owned resort, open May through Sept., located in Diamond Point, 3 miles north of Lake George Village. Our private natural sand beach offers a peaceful and panoramic view of the lake, its islands and surrounding mountains. ... more less