“Great room, amazing view, courteous staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Olympian Village Resort

Olympian Village Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Diamond Point
Olympian Village Resort
3716 Lake Shore Drive, po box 127, Diamond Point, Lake George, NY 12845   |
Ranked #5 of 10 Diamond Point B&B and Inns
“Great room, amazing view, courteous staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012 via mobile

Recently stayed here for the well known Americade week in Lake George. This hotel is just outside of Lake George village, which is exactly what we were looking for. Our room was spectacular! We stayed in a new recently renovated 2 bedroom suite with beautiful wood and a large kitchen/living room. I've stayed in the area with family and friends for 10+ years. We will be back to the Olympian next year. Our room was very clean and the staff was friendly and attentive to any question or request. Definitely will recommend to family and friends for future trips to the lake George area.

• Stayed June 2012

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Troy, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

My children & i have been going to lake george every summer for the last 10 years. The last 5 i have stayed @ the Olympian. Since the new ownership there is no place else we would go. The location is great, beautiful lake access as well as a giant clean pool with a game room if the weather doesnt cooperate. The rooms have been recently renovated and offer different options depending on your needs. We opt for the family room which includes a kitchen, living area & 2 bedrooms for a great price. I would highly recommend this to anyone traveling with a family who is looking for a great place to take a vacation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

We had originally booked somewhere else that turned out to be a nightmare. We found this place while driving around looking for another place to stay. We were not disappointed. The rooms are all renovated in brand new cedar, very, very clean. They're basic but with plenty of room to move around, adequate bathroom, and comfty beds. There is a small fridge and microwave, didn't need anything else. They have a nice huge swimming pool, a game room, and ice machine. The manager and staff were so friendly and helpful. The view of the lake is awesome w access to a swimming area. At night we gathered around the firepit and met alot of nice people. It was perfect and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

My previous recent vacation experiences have always involved heavy alcohol consumption in order to fall asleep as the lodging conditions were always too "plastic" and I've always felt as if the staff did not want me there. Staying at Olympian put an end to my misreable vacation experiences by allowing me to fully relax in a comfortable, clean and speacious environment with beautiful views of Lake George that simply melted my stress away as if I was an ice cube thrown into a pot of boiling water. It's simply a great place to relax and to catch a breath of fresh air.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2009

I have been going here for many years and the place has improved remarkably since the new owner. It is a decent place to stay near everything and on lake. Has a game room for kids. has beach area, fun for kids but dock needed work.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Catskill
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2006

I called the olympian resort and talked to man, telling him I needed 2 rooms, one for me, my wife, and my 3 children, and a room for my elderly aunt. We arrived 2 o'clock on friday afternoon on the 18th of august, to find out that they had rented our rooms (29 & 30) to another party. They charged my credit card with more than they quoted me for the room, almost 50.00 more, and all we were told was they had no vacancy, they double booked, no im sorry, no recommendations for somewhere else, not even a have a good day.Come to find out our rooms were given to a party that needed three rooms, we only needed two. So you see with these people money talks and reservations walk. We were hesitant to stay there in the first place , because of the mold situation they had the year prior,needless to say their going to hear from the better business bureau...

kevin c, Owner at Olympian Village Resort, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Back in the 90's we only took credit cards to hold a room, if a reservation didn't show up the card was charged. never was a card charged prior to check in. also in 2006 we didn't have any employees that were male, so this along with no confirmation number made for an awkward afternoon. sorry for your inconvenience but you should always confirm reservations and get a name.
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2005

This Motor Court looked pleasing form the exterior so my wife my 2 kids and myself decided to stay there. Our room was nice and the beds were large but there was an overpowering smell of air freshener. We placed the air freshener outside the room opened the windows and went for a swim and then went out to spend some time in Lake George village. Upon our return we noticed a very strong smell of mildew in the room. Everyone was exhausted and we decided to leave the door ajar and all the windows open and try to sleep. The odor was so strong that I had trouble falling asleep. We were woken when my youngest daughter of 4 years old woke us up with a loud barking cough. The doctor later told us she had an allergic reaction. I went to the front desk at 1AM and they gave us another room. This one reeked also so we decided to pack the car and leave. Upon packing I looked around with a flashlight and notices moldew growing all around the platform the beds sat on and growing up the walll in one corner of the room.
The owner would not refund my money and refused to speak to me.
Be forewarned about this place!
Doug

kevin c, Manager at Olympian Village Resort, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
sorry about your bad stay Doug, since then the Olympian has a new owner. all carpeting has been removed and each room has been overhalled 100%.. I don't know why your money was not refunded but i'd like to make good on it and offer you a free night on us so you can see what weve done to improve the place.

Been to Olympian Village Resort? Share your experiences!