“Almost perfect” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Lagoon Resort

You added Blue Lagoon Resort to your Saves list
Blue Lagoon Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   3670 Lake Shore Drive, Diamond Point, Lake George, NY 12824   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Diamond Point
Dalton, MA
“Almost perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

This was our first stay at any motel in Lake George. We typically camp and moor our boat, but always dreamed of staying someplace with a launch and dock space for quick and easy trips out on the lake. We've been visiting Lake George every year for the past 35 years and we just love the area. I'll start with the bad, but please read the entire review as there is a lot of good to be found at the Blue Lagoon. We had trouble launching the boat, the launch was shallow and the boat didn't want to come off of the bunk trailer (I have a 20 foot boat with a 220 hp I/O). I need about three feet of water to get the boat to float off, but the truck was in as far as it would go and I was still to shallow to get it to move. Three of the other guests helped push my boat off of the trailer and I started to back out when I hit something with the outdrive. Whatever I hit took 2 inches of aluminum off of the tip. When I started to back out I had a reading of 4.2 feet (depth below the stern), but when I hit the reading had dropped to 1.8 feet. I made sure the outdrive was at the top stop (the highest point prior to the trailer position) and tried again. I hit bottom yet again. After drifting out a little farther I was finally able to clear the launch and put the boat on the dock. I later went back to check the launch and found that boats have been power loading which is where the 4 foot hole came from. Problem is that all of that sand and silt gets tossed up on the back of the hole causing it to be very shallow (the water level in the lake at this time of year probably didn't help). I wasn't able to find out what I hit, but for it to snap the aluminum it would have to be pretty hard. Larger boats will have an easier time as the will be out further and in a little deeper water when they launch possibly avoiding the hole altogether. Michelle and Tom and their family were wonderful. You won't find a nice couple in all of Lake George. The room was clean and comfortable, the beach was nice and the view was spectacular. The other guests were very friendly and we had a great time sitting around the fire chatting at night. Initially we had the end of dock 10 which gave us plenty of room under the stern, but when we came back in on our first day out there was a larger boat sitting on the end of dock 10 so we attempted to tuck in behind it. Hit bottom and stalled, had to bring the motor up to the trailer position and pull the boat to the dock. This happened again on Tuesday and we couldn't reach the dock so I jumped in (waist deep water) and pushed the boat to the dock. The trip didn't start off well and we had trouble with the dock space, but the Blue Lagoon is a quality motel with a most amazing staff (except for Rich, he needs to work on his customer service skills. Sorry Rich but you did say to be honest). I do recommend Blue Lagoon for you and/or your families. We stayed in the motel, but the cottages look fantastic. It's a great place for kids with tons to do. They have canoes, paddle boards and kayaks that you can sign out at the front office (with the appropriate flotation devices to keep the little ones safe). They really do go out of there way to make your stay perfect. I will definitely consider going back. On a final note, I had the outdrive looked at and the damage is cosmetic and doesn't need to be repaired.

Room Tip: Cottages are large and have plenty of room for the kids. The motel rooms have a microwave, stove an...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We stay at Blue Lagoon resort every year for two weeks. We love it. The view of the lake is beautiful! All the staff are kind and friendly. There is a beach and dock for our family's boat and wave runners. The newly available guest house is spectacular! We wish we could stay all summer!

• Stayed July 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Blue Lagoon Resort was a lovely property. The management was delightfully friendly and helpful. It was our first time in the Lake George area and I am glad we were 5 minutes outside of 2 little towns. Our room was clean and had all that we needed. I do not need fancy accommodations. Clean room, private bath, and a comfortable bed is most important. That is what you get. Nothing fancy, perfectly functional. The resort offered kayaks for free. We took advantage of that. They had barbecues and picnic tables and a beautiful private lake and beach area too. We took advantage of that as well. We also rode our bikes into town almost everyday and explored the area which was terrific. We hiked Buck Mountain and saw magnificent views. We look forward to visiting again. It was terrific for families and "empty-nesters".

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Valley Stream, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This was the first time we took our family vacation at Lake George and the Blue Lagoon and everyone had a wonderful time. The Blue Lagoon is a great place for kids. The people are very friendly and the place is well maintained and conveniently located to everything. Definitely would recommend this vacation spot to all.

Congers, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is a great place to take your kids! We had a wonderful week there. Everyone is so friendly. My only complaint was the early check-out (9:00 and 10:00 am). But I understand that they have to get the rooms ready for the next group. This was our second year coming there and I can't wait for next year!

Malta, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

It is a great place to get away and relax. We had the first cabin and my three year old daughter loved every second of it! We were 100 feet from the lake with a play area in front of our cabin! We even went swimming in our PJ's one morning! Great family place, the adults stayed up a little late around the fire pit, but that didn't bother us, they deserve it ;-)

• Stayed July 2014
Billerica, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This is our 2nd year in a row to stay in Cottage 10. We simply love this house, everything is perfect. The view from the balcony is unbelievable. The entire house is well maintained and so spacious that our 4 boys (ages 9, 8,7 & 4) can run around. The kitchen is amazing and yes, you have a great Lake George view while washing the dishes:). The staff are very friendly and helpful.

Blue Lagoon Resort will always have a special place in our heart and we're looking forward to stay here again in the future.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Blue Lagoon Resort? Share your experiences!