We spent 4 days a few years ago at another Diamond Point resort. It was average at best. We wound up not returning for no particular reason.
This year we wound up at Diamond Cove. We reserved the same cottage for the same week next year already-- it is that good.
I am far from a people person. My ideal vacation would be an island with no one but my family and some friends. John & Kristina (the owners) and I hit it off from our introduction. In fact, John & I even managed to go fishing a couple of mornings before the office opened. It was as though we knew each other for years and years. I was pretty amazed and impressed.
They go out of their way to make sure guests are comfortable. New to the area? They'll let you know where things are happening and the best way to get to them. We were able to watch the July 4th fireworks from my boat which was just amazing.
If you have a boat, this is THE place to visit. They have, bar none, the best docks I've ever seen. Also, the docking area is debris free, and all sand. There is no possible way you can damage your boat. Forget the pics of their doc on their web site because it's inaccurate. They replaced their docks in 2008 and are brand spanking new.
The beach is also kid conscious. There's a little play house that one of our girls liked playing in. Plenty of Adirondack chairs & lounge chairs... no rushing to grab them or reserve them like it was at another place we went to.
Let's see. What else. The cabins are well air conditioned, cozy and very clean. The stand alone cottages are set so each one sees the water when you look thru the living room picture window. That's a pretty slick land layout.
There is a private beach. They rake it daily so it stays clean of any debris that floated ashore. The sand is mostly rock free. There are no guests allowed, so it never became over crowded.
It's most definitely family oriented. There is a pretty decent playground area for the little ones. Even our 1 1/2 year old twin girls had their own slide & infant swing (which was hard to pry them away from). Quiet hour starts around 11pm, and all of the guests respected that which was a pleasant surprise.
I don't know what else to say about this place... We came up to get away from it all, and wound up leaving knowing we were coming back to see our new friends next year. Besides, John and I are tied 1:1 for fishing days (someone has to win!)
Overall, the place was clean, the guests friendly, the staff very friendly and the owners stuck to it when they told me "we will make you comfortable."
We ARE returning next year. This place found a very very special place in all of our hearts. Make your reservations EARLY because most of us return. Our neighbors have been there for 35 years. Their kids were our other neighbors. Their grand kids were yet our other neighbors, believe it or not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake George Cottages, Cabins Hotel and Suites. Lake George NY Family Vacation Resort. Kitchen Facilities, BBQ Grill, Spa, Fitness Center, Boats, Docks, Charter Fishing, Private Boat Tours, Kayaks, Row boats, Playground, Game Room, Basketball, Ping Pong, Private Beach, Level Grounds, Magnificent Views & Much More. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Diamond Cove Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamond Cove Cottages Hotel Diamond Point
- Diamond Cove Cottages Lake George, NY - Diamond Point