“A great, relaxing place for families” 5 of 5 stars

Treasure Cove Resort Motel and Cottages
3940 Lakeshore Drive, Diamond Point, Lake George, NY 12824   |
Ranked #6 of 10 Diamond Point B&B and Inns
Massapequa Park, NY
“A great, relaxing place for families”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2005

Last August was our family's first trip to Treasure Cove and we had a great time! My husband and I have three children, ages 7, 5 and 2. We had rented a lakeside cottage. I was nervous last year because I had not been to the region since I was 15 and had never stayed on Lake George, but friend's raves of the area prompted me to find a clean, safe environment for the family. After a long internet search of the area, I decided on Treasure Cove, and was lucky enough to get a cottage. Here's a lttle info, I hope it helps!
The Cottage: Very clean, with central vacuumning. kitchen was stocked with plenty of pots and pans, cutlery, plates, glasses. The air conditioning did a good job of cooling the cottage down, we are bringing a small tabletop fan this year to move the air around a little more. Our unit has a fireplace, not that we need it in August. Water pressure was very good. Our BBQ was cleaned out each morning by staff. Breathtaking view of Lake George.
The facilities: The beach is clean with plenty of lounge chairs. The swimming area is roped off and quite shallow, my 7 year old can touch the sandy, not slimy bottom all the way out to the ropes ( perfect for young children). I have seen other places in Lake George that have a swim-out dock lakeside, Tresure Cove does not have this - they have docking space for boats out past the roped off swimming area. This turned out to be a great spot to fish with the kids.The sun deck is very nice and gives quite a view of the lake. I didn't get to spend much time up there last year because my daughter was only 16 months old last year). I believe the playground was new last year and not what you see in internet pictures. Our boys loved playing there. There was also a game room with ping pong. The pools were OK, the unheated one was a little chilly but centrally located on the property. The heated pool was all the way up by the road, shady, and by the last week in August had a few leaves in it. The kids didn't mind. There is a marina on the next property, makes it convenient to rent a boat or buy more worms for fishing.
The owners/staff: I found them to be very friendly and helpful, not that I was in need of much help. I had called to find out what supplies I would need to bring with me and they answered all my questions. Our cottage was ready 1 hour before check in Saturday. The office was stocked with brochures from the area.

We found that many families did their own thing during the day, and that the afternoon usually found everyone lakeside. We are going back in two weeks and we can't wait!

Stayed August 2004

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2005

I've found here excellent conditions both for relaxation and fun - it's quiet and peaceful, but its just few miles away from the village and all the bars and restaurants. If you like lakes and have a boat (or two like i do ;) ) you may have in mind this place when you plan your next vacation.

• Stayed June 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2004

nice place,but not much for kids to do . play set is old broken and dangerous. check in is never on time . beach chairs are old and broken .beach is sometimes dirty.

Been to Treasure Cove Resort Motel and Cottages? Share your experiences!