“Response to Rob from Nyack” 4 of 5 stars

Capri Village on Lake George
3926 Lake Shore Dr, Diamond Point, Lake George, NY 12824   |
Ranked #8 of 10 Diamond Point B&B and Inns
Lynbrook, New York
“Response to Rob from Nyack”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

My apology to the owner of the Capri Village for the "Rob from Nyack" review. I also was shocked to stumble upon it. I am also sorry we included him to join us for our "Old Friends Reunion Trip" after reading his review. Eight other families joined us on this trip including my husband and myself and had a great time with no complaints especially of "Bed Bugs" Are you serious Rob? Bed Bugs!!! In fact, we enjoyed our visit to the Capri Village, many of us are planning to return this summer. I am a frequent visitor of beautiful Lake George and many of the hotels/motels I have stayed at along the lake (Rt 9) could use some updating but I have always found them to be clean. I am a big fan of Trip Advisor. My husband and I have taken some amazing trips to the caribbean with the advise from reviews of "HONEST" and "RELIABLE" people (but keep in mind that there are chronic complainers that can never be pleased). Don't let some bad reviews keep you from visiting the Capri Village and Lake George. The Lake surrounded by the adirondack mountains is spectacular.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Lee, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

We stayed at Capri Village off season last weekend Sept. 17th-20th 2011 The resort was wonderful.
Our room had a full size fidge,cook top stove,sink, coffee maker and microwave. Our room had a great view of the Lake from our deck. The staff (owners) were very friendly and always willing to help with any request we had. We will return!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Kind of disgusting, but 1/2 the price of Treasure Cove and more managable. Both places should clean up their act a bit though if they want repeat customers.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Nyack, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

So many hotels and motels in area and my old friends had to choose this place. First the positive...... It was on the lake ( as was hundreds of other hotels/motels). That's it. How about the negatives...... Room was dirty, towels felt like sandpaper, BYOE ( bring your own everything), Bed Bugs, came home with bites all over body. Thank goodness only there for 2 nights. Never be back, I'd rather be in a tent . And it wasn't cheap either.

Room Tip: Go renovated, at least they looked clean
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Capri V, Owner at Capri Village on Lake George, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
This guest never made any complaints to the office about room cleanliness or bed bugs during his stay. We were shocked to see his review stating he received bed bug bites during his stay, since we have never had a report of bed bugs in twelve seasons of operation. Since we take such reports seriously, we had the room imspected on 9/7/11 by a pest control company, which found no signs of active infestation or need of treatment. A copy of the letter can be made available upon request.
Yardville, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

We spent appoximately $1,700 on a "suite" overlooking the lake--the suite was filthy and the carpet was covered in stains. We were located in the entrance of the property directly on busy Route 9. The noise of the traffic was horrendous. You could not carry on a conversation in the rooms or on the deck because of the constant flow of traffic and dump trucks going by--night and day. We were also lucky enough to be located where their main garbage area is--and in between the cars and traffic--had to endure very loud golf carts whizzing by full of garbage. I complained to the owners--and basically I was told--oh well--you should have known it was going to be loud--and I don't give refunds--oh well if you are not happy--I don't want to be out of the $1,700. After I complained--she just left the office area for 20 minutes--without any closure or anything. I waited for her to return---and basically she told me that she couldn't help me because she didn't want to be out of the $$$.

Additionally, there are not enough chairs for the guests along the lake--it's monopolized by repeat families--you have to go get a towel down on the beach chairs around 6am in order to get a chair--luckily because we were awakened by all the traffic at 5:30am--I was able to get down there to secure a couple of chairs--so that we weren't stuck at the pool--which is located on directly by the highway--it's always empty and very noisy because of all of the traffic.

We will never again stay at this place--and would not recommend to anyone going up to Lake George. There are plenty of other places in the area--stay away from this place. If there is a problem--you can be gauranteed that it will not get addressed and you will not be refunded, credited, etc . We ended up leaving early in order to get home and to get some sleep. The owners could care less about our experience--and never followed up with us after our initial complaint.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Gross. Room was dirty. owners were mean. Did not like my stay at all. Definitely not was I expected. Not what I saw on the website

• Stayed September 2010
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

The Capri has a beautiful spot on the lake and a great beach area. We've always enjoyed it every year that we've gone, and we always rebook for next year when we check out.

Typical, Lake George, Adirondack-style rooms. They probably could use a little updating, but they do seem to make minor improvements each year. It's a great place for families to spend the week, and most of the guests have seem to come here for years and years and years.

The only suggestions we would make are more Adirondack chairs and larger bath towels.

As far as the negatives go, bath towels are too small, the hill down to the lake is a little steep, and splinters are common when walking on the dock. Large families often have a tendancy to monopolize public areas and the owners let it go.

Overall, we would highly reccommend this as a fun-filled family vacation.

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Capri Village on Lake George? Share your experiences!