“Disaster!” 1 of 5 stars

3926 Lake Shore Dr, Diamond Point, Lake George, NY 12824   |
Ranked #8 of 10 Diamond Point B&B and Inns
“Disaster!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Gross. Room was dirty. owners were mean. Did not like my stay at all. Definitely not was I expected. Not what I saw on the website

• Stayed September 2010

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

The Capri has a beautiful spot on the lake and a great beach area. We've always enjoyed it every year that we've gone, and we always rebook for next year when we check out.

Typical, Lake George, Adirondack-style rooms. They probably could use a little updating, but they do seem to make minor improvements each year. It's a great place for families to spend the week, and most of the guests have seem to come here for years and years and years.

The only suggestions we would make are more Adirondack chairs and larger bath towels.

As far as the negatives go, bath towels are too small, the hill down to the lake is a little steep, and splinters are common when walking on the dock. Large families often have a tendancy to monopolize public areas and the owners let it go.

Overall, we would highly reccommend this as a fun-filled family vacation.

• Stayed July 2011
Massapequa, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

This was our 1st time staying in Lake George at Capri Village. We had a great time! The lake, the location, and the grounds were all nice and very well kept. The Negatives are that the rooms are VERY VERY Dated! It took the 1st night to get comfortable. We checked the mattresses and they looked to be free of bed bugs, they also appeared to be fairly new, just not of good quality, and the rooms had a damp smell. Their bath towels are small and they don't give you many. The owner was very kind and offered information on things to do with the family. Guests staying at Capri seem to be families that have spent time their for many years over their summer. I would LOVE to see them update their rooms, but all in all it was a great little vacation and our children loved it. We would go back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Napanoch, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

We just returned from a stay ot the Capri. I would definately recommend this hotel to friends and family!

The ground are beautiful and well-kept. Yes, the hill is a bit steep, but you just have to decide if you'd rather be close to the pool or the lake before you make your reservation. We made the right choice for us and stayed up top by the pool. We still had a nice view of the lake.

The room we had was huge (much larger than we anticipated)! It would be great for us to return with our son. There were 2 Queen beds and one was in a separate room that could have the door closed. We were a little disappointed that the TV in the bedroom didn't work, but that was a small price to pay.

The room, the grounds, and the pool were all very clean. The property was only a short drive between the village of Lake George or to Bolton Landind, so it was nice.

I would definately return to this hotel in the future!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Fairport, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

This place is AMAZING! I just went a week ago and I was so impressed. It is right on the lake and the views are beautiful! It is close to both the Lake George Village and the Bolton Landing Village. There are a ton of things to do there, such as there free kayaks, docks to swim and fish off, a large swimming pool and a small but nice beach. The rooms are not amazing, but you don't spend a lot of time in them. I would recommend this place to anyone! I will definitely be back there next year!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
North Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

The location is ideal except for the fact that you need to stay on the lower portion of the property because it's on a steep hill. I have stayed there more then once and would do so again simply because the owners of the property are very nice and accommodating. I had a small problem with my room and it was taken care of immediately. I have always stayed in a cottage and they are a decent size and I love the fact that they have a kitchen. It's also great that there are so many bbq grills. There is a nice play ground for the children. The beach is probably one of the best on Lake George. It's shallow and a decent size. I'll probably spend my 2011 vacation there as well.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

We stayed in the motel-efficiency room for $145/night. Room was average, but clean. Kitchenette clean and adequately appointed. Beach area not huge, but clean and nice sandy bottom (no surf shoes needed). Grounds and pool were well maintained. Amenities, other than pool, were a little tired and old. Wooden structure playground needed some new paint and a board was loose, causing my daughter to fall through to the ground (luckily not hurt other than a scrape). My husband showed the manager who said he would address right away (we didn't follow up to check to see if he did). Kayaks and rowboat available. Nice little fishing dock. Fairly steep hill to climb to get down to the lake, but not impossible. Overall, satisfied with our stay. Wouldn't mind coming back, but also wouldn't mind checking out other properties. Not the nicest place I've ever stayed, but certainly not the worst. For the price, I'd say it was as expected.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Capri Village on Lake George? Share your experiences!