“Not a bad hotel for a short stay but NOT handicap freindly” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in DeWitt
Fayetteville, New York
“Not a bad hotel for a short stay but NOT handicap freindly”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

I stayed at this hotel last night with my 2 elderly parents and my young nephew. The hotel was clean and staff was freindly. We were able to check in very late with no problems. I had asked for a handicap room to accomodate my father who uses a wheelchair. The handicap room was easy to get in but once in the room it was very small and difficult to maneuver. The bathroom was definitley not meant for use with a wheel chair or even a walker. We only stayed the one night but if I had known that handicap room only meant that it was on the ground floor I would have gone elsewhere. My biggest issue is with the size of the room and selling it as handicapped. It is only an Econo Lodge and I realize this is not a mid or high end hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars

Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

My husband and I were at the Syracuse Nationals this year and we stayed here many because they took dogs. I had read the reviews prior to booking and liked what I saw. Much to our pleasure the place was more then we hoped for. The service was good and the room was immaculate.. I would absolutely stay there again and mist likely it will be next year for the show again. Thank you very much to Ambu, who took care of our every need. T

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Forest City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2008

First of all, I never book any hotel or motel without checking Tripadvisor.com first! This little motel was simply wonderful for the price! A nice location and very clean rooms. And very quiet also. I stayed here with my 5 year old son and was very happy with the accommodations. From check in to check out there were no problems. The owner and front desk clerk checked me in with no problems. Very friendly and helpful. The room was plain and simple and very clean. Spotless bathroom. There was an iron and ironing board in the room as well. The motel is located in the same parking lot as a KFC, and a Denny's is right next door to the KFC. A large mall is nearby. There is a Barnes and Noble within walking distance as well. A great place to stay for the price that they charge.

• Liked — The Location And Clean Rooms
  • Disliked — I Could Not Find Anything That I Did Not Like About This Property
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Daniel H
Eastern Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2008

Stayed one weekend night. Although certainly not fancy, the accommodations were adequate for a short stay. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

Vanilla or unscented deoderizer would have been better than what was there, but the scent wasn't overwhelming.

If stairs are a problem I do recommend that you ask for a room flush with the parking lot. The motel is built into a hill - I had to climb up two steep steps to get to the door and another steep step to get into my room.

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Liked — convenience
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank Muffet37
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2008

Let me say first that I wasn't super impressed upon driving up to the place, it has the look of a roadside motel. However, when we saw the room my fears were allayed. And honestly, it was nice to have the car just outside the room - certainly made packing/unpacking easier and more convenient.

The hotel is just off busy Erie Blvd between a neighborhood and a strip mall/fast food restaurant. Given that however, our room was quiet and road noise was far enough away to not be noticeable. Even though we sometimes came in quite late, it felt safe and secure.

Our room was clean, nicely appointed and even smelled good (clean and fresh). The ac worked great too - yep, one even needs ac in Syracuse occasionally! A hairdryer, iron and ironing board, and free local phone calls were nice little "extras". We stayed four days visiting family and were quite pleased with our stay.

The hotel staff were pleasant and always gave us extra towels when we asked. They offered a complementary breakfast but we always ended up elsewhere and never took advantage of it.

The location (close to Fayetteville, Manlius and Pompey) in Dewitt was extremely convenient for us. It's great for shopping too - Wegmans is right around the corner for good, fresh foodstuff and Shoppingtown Mall is next door. The LL Bean Outlet is also just down the road. While there were less expensive hotels at Carrier Circle, I think we saved on gas (and driving time) by being close to where we wanted to be.

If I had a complaint, maybe it would be that the towels were really cheap feeling and there never seemed to be enough. That's it.

Good location, good price (no surprises), and a good, clean room. We'll definitely go back when we're visiting the area again.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RstyLdy
Newtown, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2008

The old adage that you get what you pay for seems about right for this establishment. I should have guessed when I was asked if I would like to pay for my stay "in cash". Anyway, this is an old style motel - drive to the door of your room. The room had an OVERWHELMING smell of deodorizer that lingered despite keeping the window open. Heat and AC come from the same unit - in this case, the heat was dry and hard to control. Basic bathroom - very small. Toilet configuration does not allow seat to stay up on its' own. Did not see an exercise room. One last thing, a coffee maker, pitcher of O.J., several slices of bread w/ a toaster, and two individual packages of an "always fresh" baked good next to a single small table DOES NOT qualify as a continental breakfast. Forget about it. It would be more honest to simply not include this as an amenity, and utilize your resources to fix the toilet seat issue.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — You get what you pay for
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
4 Thank BroadOakPS

Travelers are raving about these DeWitt hotels

edina minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2007

in order to flush the toilet, you have to stand up, turn around, face the toilet, reach under the vanity to access the flush handle. i could just barely-barely-stand this place. just not my cup of tea.

• Stayed December 2005
1 Thank kinglyEdinaMinnesota
Also consider these accommodations in or near DeWitt
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dewitt (Syracuse)
Hotel Skyler
Parkview Hotel
Parkview Hotel
#4 of 32 in Syracuse
4.0 of 5 stars 396 reviews

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!