“Nice comfortable rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in DeWitt
Greenwich NY
“Nice comfortable rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

My Wife and I went to Syracuse to visit friends and to go the NYS Fair, The rooms were very clean and the grounds were well maintained, This motel is nothing fancy but the price was right 65 a night and it was close to Everything we wanted to do. There is a continental breakfast that goes with the stay and Its very good.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms on the Second level and in the Back if you want privacy.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The hotel needed a good cleaning. The rooms were ok but needed to be freshened up with a coat of paint. The rooms were good size but, where to dresser was located & TV placed, made it hard to access to the bathroom. The location was the hotels best asset, near the Scotch & Sirloin Restaurant and not far from the town of Syracuse. If we were in a pinch, we would return

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Danbury, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

PLEASE do NOT book this hotel. Bed bugs were found in 3 rooms we were given!
The management has a lot of excuses but offers no compensation just another
bed bug ridden room. We were there for our grandson's baptism and it was a
nightmare! Please go to their website for that hotel and see that it was fore warned by
another review. I wish I had done that myself.

Room Tip: Bed bugs were in all three (3) rooms we were given. Rooms 215, 201 and 107.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

We have stayed here several time when visiting family in the area for which it is geographically convenient. It's an old motel--at least 40 yrs. old to my knowledge--and shows it. The rooms are small, carpets are old, and the bathrooms are older tile. Some upgrading has been done; rooms now have a fridge and microwave. Unlike some other reviewers we have not had problems with the front desk or with cleanliness. Any room we have had has always been as clean as in any other motel. They offer a continental breakfast which seemed to consist of coffee, juice, and a pastry/muffin selection but we've never partaken of it as there is a Denny's within walking distance. It looked to be a little on the sparse side. An average rating is probably on the high side but I wouldn't call it poor which is the next rating down. If all you want is a place to sleep when visiting elsewhere during the day it certainly serves the purpose.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Niagara Falls, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

I spent last night here while visiting my sister who lives within a few miles of the hotel. The room smelled, the heater didnt work, there werent any warm blankets and the tv was not visable from the beds and their was mold in the shower. The only good points were it's proximity to my sister's house and the rate. But you definately get what you pay for. Horrible night and I will never go back.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

We came to check in and had immediate concerns with the room. Dirty, hairs in places there should not be any and weird musty smell.

Spoke with the front desk clerk shortly after checking in, he had a horrible attitude and was infuriatingly rude. I travel very frequently, at least one or two weekends every month - I have never met somebody so frustrating in my life. After spending 10 minutes attempting to reason with him (impossible), we walked out.

Imagine my surprise at receiving my credit card statement and finding that they have charged us as "no shows".... this is despite my attempted check in and clear information that the room itself was inhabitable. Customer service for econolodge refused to help with a anything - their "customer service" basically means go deal with the owner of the location (whose name they will not disclose).

Needless to say, I'm just going to revert this to my credit card company to deal with and will not spend anymore time trying to chase these guys around.

So - word of warning - what they SAY you're going to get on the website is not what you're going to get when you check in. And econolodge refuses to back up their locations in any meaningful way.

For the first time ever, I'm knocking a hotel chain off of my list. I have stayed at microtels, knights inn, hiltons and the whole gamut while travelling - and I have never seen such a disgusting room and dealt with such insolent and rude staff. I would recommend that you do not stay here, or at the very least, make sure you see the room before you hand over your credit card number.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Guildford, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

This was our first 'walk in' booking on this vacation in the USA and it was a pleasant surprise after staying at a 'take it or leave it' business standard BW the previous night.

As other reviewers have pointed out the rooms are a bit on the small side but all we want is sleep so no real matter to us, what did matter was that the room was clean. The guys in reception were friendly, helpful and chatty.

Our second night in the USA and we were tired and jet-lagged. This motel is set back from the main road and is surrounded on two sides by a residential area. There is a KFC next door but this did not generate any traffic noise or cooking odours. We got a deep uninterrupted night's sleep which we really needed. This is for us the real plus point of this motel

A few days later we were on our way back from Niagara Falls and we happily stayed for a second night.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!