“Good Value for Canadians of you take your own Trailer or Tent” 4 of 5 stars

585-599-4641
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: For generations, Darien Lake has been a destination for families to create memories that will last long after vacation is over. With 45 attractions, a 10- acre water park and a variety of live shows and entertainment options- all just steps away from an onsite lodge, modern lakeside cabins, all new luxury guest houses and an extensive campground with glampsites and traditional campsites, guests will rediscover time together when they visit Darien Lake. Darien Lake has added millions in new attractions, entertainment, park and accommodations upgrades over the past two years to give guests limitless fun and unbeatable value.
Innisfil, Canada
“Good Value for Canadians of you take your own Trailer or Tent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Head down at end of June and spend Canada day it's not very busy.Another way of going down
buy season passes early and you will get free parking and then stay 3 miles up the road at Darien Lake state park.Camping at the state park is around $25.00 per night great holiday.And the best of both worlds.Price it out and you will find a great saying.

Visited June 2012

Rochester, New York
45 attraction reviews
“Good Amusement Park But A Little Over-Rated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Historically, Darien has been packed with long line waits. This past year when we went the lines were somewhat shorter. However, they also don't have the great shows they used to have with previous owners. The park is good for a day of family entertainment at their discount prices. I don't believe it is worth the full price.
The water park has something for everyone but not enough seats/lounges to accommodate visitors. People ended up sitting on the ground/grass everywhere.
The bathrooms had long lines but were fairly clean.Bring a cooler or be prepared to spend at least 2-3 dollars for a bottle of water and soda. Food vendors like Subway charge higher than regular prices and don't allow the use of subway cards, as we found out. For a family on a budget, it looks like ordering a pizza in the park may be the most frugal way to go.

Brooklin, Canada
22 attraction reviews
“Good Family Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We went for 2 nights and 3 days in July 2012. This was our first time. We stayed in the RVs which was fun for the kids. If we had really planned properly we could easily have saved some money by eating in the trailer, but as it is we only had breakfast there once. There is no real need to eat in the park if you stay in the trailers. IT doesn't take long to get out and back in. But there is NOTHING anywhere around here so you need to come with supplies and groceries.

As I said we ate in the park. The food for the most part was not great. At one point I ordered a hamburger and the clerk reach below the counter and pulled one out - it was cold and I had to take it back. My daughter got cold pizza the same way!

But we have small kids and they didn't come for the food. The rides are good. Our kids did all the big roller coasters and loved them. We also spent a lot of time in the water park which the kids LOVED. You will need to do your homework on kids heights before you go. Our 6 year old is ready to ride all the big roller coasters but they are very strict on height requirements and she was too small. She is too grown up for most if not all of the little kid rides and did not really enjoy them. So it was a bit of a bummer for her. She was fine in the water park. I think this part is probably very good for very small children and for kids who enjoy and are big enough for big roller coasters, but be careful with your 5-8 year old especially if they are on the small side.

I would go again. I would stay in the RV's just for the experience (we don't camp so the kids loved it) and I would bring my own food.

Lynden
“Really Unhappy! :(”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We arrived for a family weekend in Aug. We rented an Rv, that was so dirty, i spent my first 2 hours cleaning it!! The filth was appalling. When I complained , the response from the staff was, "Yeah we hear that some times"! They really did not seem to care. The food in the park was over priced and disgusting! Do not order the chicken strips and curly fries! Yuck! They went right in the garbage. We found that half of the rides were shut down at different times of the day. We were told they were short staffed. The water in the water park rides, and pool were FREEZING. We have small children who on a hot August day didn't want to stay in this area. On our last day we went to the Tim Horton's to get a coffee. They were out of milk!???? Really??? My response to the staff member was, "If this was in Canada people would lose it. They'd burn it down!" Totally laughing while I said it. The young lady was not impressed at all!!! Her response, very unhappy, that she wished it would burn down. Wow! When checking out we addressed some of these points with the main office. They really didn't care!!! Friends that were there in late July had the same experience. We would not return! Our accommodations were $1000 and another $500 for food and entertainment! HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!

Visited August 2012
Darien_Lake_NY, Manager at Darien Lake Amusement Park, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Hello and thank you for visit to the park I apologize on behalf of our staff for your negative experience. I would love the opportunity to get more details about your experience at the park. Would you mind emailing me at seasonpass@GoDarienLake.com? I appreciate your time and hope to hear from you soon.

Mike Schuler
Digital Media Manager
Darien Lake Amusement Park
Brantford
6 attraction reviews
“Darien Lake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was our annual trip to Darien Lake, we always stay In the trailer (usually Ontario Place), It was excellent. It definitely Is a place that Is great for everyone, we went with family and friends - with trailers beside eachother It was fantastic. For anyone that has not gone - you do need to bring utensils, plates, cups, towels, toilet paper, sheets, pillows and blankets for the trailer (chairs for by the fire). There Is either a stove top with a micorwave In the trailer, and a sink. We stopped at Topps on our way In to pick up groceries, there Is a town (Alden) roughly 15 minutes away from the park that you can buy cheap fire wood, and shop for whatever else you need as well. It Is a great place for families, couples, and families with teens as well.