“Never judge a book by its cover” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Manor Suites

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dansville
Grand Manor Suites
You added Grand Manor Suites to your Saves list
169 Main Street, Dansville, NY 14437   |
Usa
“Never judge a book by its cover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We were going to go to Dansville for the weekend for a friends & family "Krautfest" and needed a nearby place to stay. The options were very limited, and I didn't care for the reviews on the other two places, so we picked Grand Manor Suites. The reviews were good, and someone had mentioned requesting the back due to possible noise across the street on weekends...so that's what we did. We requested room 204. We knew that there isn't a full time person on sight, but if they know your time of arrival, they will be there.

When we pulled up to the front, we were a little taken back. The front entrance didn't look like a hotel, but a little like a store front in a quaint town. The buildings looked old...and well...I have to be honest, I was a little concerned about my choice. When we walked in, we were immediately greeted by the hotel manager who was extremely nice. We waited a few minutes for the other couple we were travelling with to arrive before the manager "took us for a tour".

We went outside from the lobby and entered the doorway next door (locked), and climbed a tall set of stairs that led to the 2nd floor rooms. She opened our friends room 1st (room 202) which is in the front. What happened next was then all a big surprise. The "condo like" room was very big and modern looking and very clean. It had a modern kitchen, living room, separate bedroom and bathroom. The table was set (like the models are set up in timeshare condos). The room had a little desk alcove set up with WIFi, and the tv was a large flatscreen with directTV and many channels.

We then went to our room (204), next door to 202 but is the back of the building . It was also,very large, but this one had an "upstairs". Our room had a kitchen, a table area, a raised living room with large flat-screen TV and powder room. (Sofa was nice and comfortable..and also a pullout bed). There was the little desk alcove (again with WiFi)..and then the tall steps up to the bedroom and full bath. The doorway out of the bedroom took you to the 3rd floor hallway which also accommodated the laundry room and a little sitting area.

If you don't like steps....you should stay in the single story apt (like 202). versus one of these 2 story ones...(it is a lot of steps to hump luggage). On the other hand, being in the back was really very quiet. The beds were very comfortable, as well as the pillows. There were amble supplies in the closet to replenish when needed. We were comfortable and had lots of room to spread out. Our friends in 202 said they did hear the music from across the street, but it wasn't so loud as to bother them. I suppose that the window air conditioners hum, helps with the white noise.

That evening we were supposed to meet some of the "friends/family" at the very nearby Jack's Place bar for a cocktail, then dinner next door at Gas Light Grill. This was just a block and a half from our hotel. The food was good. It was a nice walk back on a pretty evening to our rooms.

The next morning, we had several hours to kill before the party we were supposed to attend. We walked a block the other direction to the Sunshine Diner. We had a really good breakfast, then decided to explore the area a little. We drove to Letchworth State Park (about 17 miles away). WOW...another really great surprise. It is known as the grand canyon of the east. It is really beautiful and there were canyons, waterfalls, walking trails, kayaks, restaurants, camping...way too much to see in one day. It is 17 miles long (I think)...and some of the people we talked to said that it was their 2nd day exploring it. We almost didn't make it to our party in time because we were enjoying the park so much.

All in all, we really enjoyed our visit here and if we get invited again next year, we will definitely stay at Grand Manor Suites again....and spend more time at Letchworth Park as well.

Room Tip: On weekends, rooms in the back are quieter. If you can't handle many steps, considered room wit...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I wish I could get my money back! I spent $130 for this one night stay

There are not many options in this small town, but if I could do it again, I would have driven further to find another place.

First, you enter through an old storefront. As you look at the windows above the storefront, blinds are torn down, let's just say it did not look very welcoming... I even asked to see the room before signing the paperwork (this should be standard for a place like this). As nice as the lady was, she talked about the history of the building and the street. I didn't need the lesson; I just needed a place to sleep that one night for a wedding I was attending in the area.

The bed was very uncomfortable! I thought a spring was going to push through the mattress into my back. The window air conditioner unit was VERY loud! We just wanted to get out of there so didn't even take a shower in the morning. The room was clean... that's about it.

Bottom-line, if you are looking for a place for one night and be in and out... this is NOT your place. I spent $130 for that one night... It was worth $60

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Merrick, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

On arrival my husband and I thought we were entering a store but were we surprised by the lovely, modern Victorian inspired hotel. The staff was very friendly and could not have done more for us. Our room was very, very clean and very well stocked with amenities. A cot was put up in the living room for our son and there was still plenty of room to move around. You could do laundry, which we did, and quarters were left on the machine for your convenience. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We enjoyed our recent stay. The suite was very spacious, clean and comfortable. It was a great spot for us to relax and recharge after a long day driving.

The service was friendly and the hosts made us feel very welcome.

It was great to have a kitchen instead of eating out. The kitchen had everything we needed to cook.

The accommodation also offer a laundry which was great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Holland, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I couldn’t have asked for anything more while staying here. These are beautiful remodeled luxury suites that provide everything that you would need for your home away from home stay. I travel with my own healthy food and the suite had a full kitchen with all the dishes/cooking utensils/etc. The staff were caring/friendly and go the extra mile to ensure that you are taken care of. The suite was spotless and it was the first time I stayed somewhere where I didn’t feel like I had to wipe down/sanitize everything. I travel frequently for work and this gets 5+ stars from me. You can not beat the price of your room for what you get...nothing else compares in the area!

Sarah Thompson DiPaolo
Owner of WNY Nutrition

Room Tip: All the rooms are great! They do offer a pass to a fitness center/pool/sauna but I did not have...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Brick, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We absolutely loved our stay at the Grand Manor. We were in the Dansville area for a few days because of the death of a friend. The area doesn’t offer many choices for accommodations. But, the Grand Manor is the best around for many miles. The price is competitive with hotel/motel chains that are many miles away from Dansville. And, the Grand Manor is so much better. The suites are spacious and well appointed. Nearly every amenity has been provided, including a full kitchen. Everything looked brand new. That’s how clean and well maintained is the Grand Manor. Look at the pictures on the web site. They are authentic and depict the actual condition and appointments of the suite that we occupied. The one down side is that all suites are on the upper floors of the building. If you have trouble climbing stairs, then you’ll have to pass on this wonderful place.

Adam and Terri Drapczuk

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

A wonderful, quiet and clean family owed establishment. My husband and I enjoyed our stay here and the owner is not only very pleasant be very informative with the goings on in Dansville and the other businesses in the Dansville area. We had a pleasant stay and I highly recommend Grand Manor Suites if you want a clean comfortable and quiet place to stay while traveling or conducting business. The suites are pleasantly bright during the day and there are plenty of lights and comfortable chairs if you like to read at night with a book or e-reader.

Room Tip: Plan ahead to reserve a place this well kept my get book up fast.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Manor Suites? Share your experiences!