“Best around!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
new york
“Best around!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

By far the best food in the area. It is a bit out of the way and ai've lived in the area for 4 years and never knew it existed. My wife and gave it a try and much to our surprise the food was outstanding!! We have been back several times and each time have been very happy with our meals from steaks to fish to chicken dishes. We even went on sunday for brunch and the bloody marys and burgers hit the spot. Our new goto place

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Croton on Hudson, New York
“Fantastic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

We had a large family brunch there this past Sunday after my son's christening. We had looked at a lot of restaurants in the area and are so glad we picked Julianna's. The atmosphere was homey and unpretentious but the food was terrific, by all accounts. We hadn't ordered the Thai chili calamari, and it was brought out on the house- and was one of the best things on the table! The service was top notch. Derek even let us bring our own homemade cake and served it up after brunch. We will definitely be back. It was a great day for us, and a lot of that had to do with picking this place to have our celebration.

• Visited May 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Peekskill, New York
“Great Place...Delicious Food....Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

We have been going to Julianna's for almost three years and the food is always delicious. The calamari with thai sauce is a must when you visit ....as is the homemade ice cream. We love everything in between as well and have eaten practically everything on the menu! Everytime we bring friends with us, they return on their own. Can't say enough good things about this hidden gem off the beaten trail set in an old schoolhouse.

• Visited January 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cortlandt Manor
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

Service and food was outstanding
Drinks were great

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
NY
“what "gem"???”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

I was sooo disappointed! I had been reading reviews and waiting until we got a chance to go out (we have 2 little ones, so it"s not often these days). My husband and I are "foodies" i guess, have been for a long time but can't go into the city like we used to. We live up in Yorktown which is a basic wasteland when it comes to good food, unless you want pizza and italian all the time. Anyway, here's the basic rundown: Shrimp cocktail- over cooked rubbery shrimp with a bland tomato sauce. Crab cakes- stringy claw meat, greasy, on a bed of 4 wilted leaves of mesclun with no dressing. Scallops- gritty and bland, I didn't eat them they were so bad (after our waiter told me they were a favorite!). The bread was warmed but really stale, my husbands beer was warm, his seafood dish was overcooked and gritty also. I hate to be so negative, but I'm wondering what the positive reviewers were talking about? Are the reviews old and it has changed, or am I just hard to please? I liked it better when it was Gordo's- it was not gourmet by any stretch but didn't ry to be and fail. It was a prime rib joint, and you got what you paid for which is a lot more than I can say about Julianna's.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere