“Spacious suite, friendly service” 5 of 5 stars

Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Cortland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Jefferson, Maryland
“Spacious suite, friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We were in the area visiting Cornell. Booked queen suite and were pleasantly surprised. We were expecting the pull out sofa to simply be added to a slightly larger room. Instead, it had its own room, the entry room with the kitchenette. Front desk was friendly. Breakfast attendant was fabulous. Convenient to Ithaca without the Ithaca price tag. Our stay far exceeded our expectations!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Kelly F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Cortland, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear ticoalra!

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our hotel. We are lucky to have suites as an option for our guests. We have other suties in the hotel as well, such as a king suite, with a king bed in the bedroom and the additional living area, in case you prefer a king bed. We are a very short drive to Ithaca and hope that on your future visits into that area, will consider staying here when able. I thank you again and hope that you have a wonderful rest of the day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

This is a nice hotel. We were in cortland for 2 days for my grandmas 90th birthday party on saturday. It was cheap paying $83 per night. I also am to to visit the suny cortland college to decide if its a good college or not and the college is within walking distance.

Dear Guest,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your recent visit with us! It is our goal to be affordable and comfortable for our guests. We look forward to any future visits that you may have to the Cortland area! Take care until next time!
maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Was looking for an inexpensive hotel close to Ithaca. All the ones in Ithaca were too expense but this fit the bill. And it was only 20-30 minutes away from both Ithaca College and Cornell. So an ideal place to stay when going to visit the campuses.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Kelly F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Cortland, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you so much for mentioning our location and staff! We are very lucky to be located next to Ithaca as they are a very busy city and often do not have rooms available. Whenever you are in the area, we hope to see you here in Cortland! I thank you again and hope that you have a wonderful rest of the evening!
Brockport, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We were in Cortland for a college visit with our teenage daughter. The hotel was in a great location, as it was directly across from the entrance to the school, close to the athletic fields. Rooms were supremely clean, with microwaves and fridges. The staff was friendly and helpful - especially Charlene! Cookies, coffee and breakfast were nice perks. We really enjoyed our visit. Recommended!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for mentioning Charlene! She is a true asset to our team...I believe she truly loves what she does and it shows. We hope that your student chooses Suny Cortland so that we may look forward to many future visits! I thank you again and hope that you have a wonderful evening!
Batavia, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I had planned an overnight surprise for my grandkids to the water park at Greek Peek and couldn't afford staying at the Lodge. So I got on the trip advisor web site and ended up having a great overnight experience at the Country Inn and Suites in Cortland. The professionalism and courteousy extended by everyone from management to service was noticed and appreciated. When we arrived I failed to ask for a room on the second floor or higher and the staff worked quickly to accomodate this last minute request. The suites were clean, appealing and large. They were up to date. The bed was very comfortable and extra pillows and blankets were available in the room without having to call for more. We had a fridge and microwave which is always helpful. The traffic on the main road wasn't audible as we stayed on the back side of the inn. The lobby of the inn was warm, gas fireplace made you feel very welcomed. The pool was smaller than I expected, but it served our purpose. It was warm, clean and well maintained. The whirlpool was also pleasant. The complimentary breakfast was hot and well stocked during peak hours.
The only concern I had was with how the suite was layed out. The hide away bed/couch was located right by the door. I wasn't comfortable having my grandkids sleep out in the lounging area. So the adults split up for a higher level of safety. Also with the hide away bed/couch being so close to the door my daughter said she could hear every little sound in the hallway.
Our main destination Greek Peek indoor water park was about 8 miles away from the inn. I would definitely recommend this inn for all guests visiting the area. I look forward to returning to the area for more outdoor adventures and will stay at the inn.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor near the lobby staircase on the back side of the inn. I think we were...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Kelly F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Cortland, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Mema12014,

I am so glad that you and your grandchildren enjoyed your visit with us. We are located very close to Greek Peak, which is an amazing benefit for our guests. I am glad you enjoyed the "extras," that we provide, such as extra pillows and blankets and breakfast. I hope you were able to enjoy the cookies too...they are addictive! Thank you for mentioning myself and my team. We are here to make sure that you enjoy your stay while you are here and we feel very honored when we succeed. Thank you again for sharing! Have a wonderful weekend and we look forward to your next visit!
Rhinebeck, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Easy to find on West St in Cortland, NY. Check-in was quick, lobby has a toasty gas fireplace (and it was cold out, so this was appreciated). Room had 2 queen beds, lots of comfy pillows and the beds were very comfortable. Room had a microwave, refrig, and coffee maker. Nice arm chair near the window, and a desk with chair if you needed to work on a laptop or do paperwork.
Bathroom was clean with lots of towels (I often have to ask for extra, so this was much appreciated), hairdryer, and toiletries.. Closet had extra pillows, luggage rack and ironing board.
Fresh cookies in the lobby and coffee/tea station.
Hot breakfast buffet included make your own waffles, eggs, potatoes and sausage. Bread for toasting, muffins, bagels. Cereal, juice, fresh fruit, Coffee, tea. Breakfast room has lots of room for guests. TV with local news.
I would stay again and recommend to anyone going to Cortland.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Kelly F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Cortland, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Woodfrogs,
Thank you so much for your awesome feedback and for mentioning our amenities. We do those little extras daily and it is so good to hear that you enjoyed them. They are usually left unmentioned in reviews so we are not always sure that our guests are impressed with them and that is the reason we do them in the first place. I hope that you visit the Cortland area often and stay with us for each visit! Have a wonderful rest of the day!
Marmora, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on March 1st. Check in was fast and friendly. The room was comfortable and quiet. The dining room was spacious and bright with and excellent selection of hot and cold options.

We would recommend this location to anyone. This hotel is about 3 miles from I-81.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Kelly F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Cortland, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking time out of your day to share your visit with our future travelers. I thank you for mentioning our team, breakfast, and location. We look forward to hosting your next trip to Cortland! Have a great rest of the day and we will see you next time!

Been to Country Inn & Suites Cortland? Share your experiences!