“Good Quality, Great Price” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Cortland
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Good Quality, Great Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Stay regularly in the area and typically Country Inn & Suites is a bit out of the price range I prefer. Found a good price this time and was impressed with the 1-bedroom suite. Appreciate that it was an actual suite with a door between living area and bedroom. Quiet and updated room. Good breakfast. Very small pool but fine for kids to blow off some steam in. Have stayed in quite a few Country Inn and Suites and would definitely rate this among the nicest.

Room Tip: The one-bedroom suites are worth it for $10 more or so if you are traveling with a family.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Kelly F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Cortland, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Jdwells67,

Thank you so much for your response. We are very glad that you chose to stay with us during this trip to Cortland and hope that moving forward, we are your only hotel choice. The suites are a big advantage in this area since we have so many families that visit. I also wanted to thank you for mentioning that we are among the top Country Inns that you have stayed at. That means a lot to our team! Have a wonderful rest of the day and a Happy Holiday Season!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Cambridge, VT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel. A great alternative to staying with family when there was full house. The beds and linens were cozy. The breakfast sufficient.The pool and hottub great for the kids and us. We would wind the day down here. When we would arrive at the end of the day they even called when we got to our room to see if we needed anything. Only complaint was a faucet in the bathroom that was noisy when in the cold position. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Rooms on west side are away from road.
Dear VisitVT,

I thank you so much for sharing your experience with our future guests. We strive to give our guests the best experience possible and feel very rewarded when we succeed. We look forward to your next visit to Cortland. Take care until then!
Lexington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

my daughter found them online and booked the rooms. We were extremely pleased with the accommodations, the staff, all aspects of our stay. We were there for my mom's funeral and they went the extra mile in every way. They did everything to make our time there the best possible considering the reason for our visit. Friendly, clean, courteous. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and it was very quiet
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Kelly F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Cortland, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Roger W.

I thank you for your wonderful comments about how accomodating our staff was. We are very sorry for you loss which was the reason for your visit but do know that it makes such a difference at a time like that when we can help to alleviate some of the stress. It was truly a pleasure having your family with us. We look forward to future visits under happier circumstances. Take care until then!
Mountville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Customer service was great. The breakfast lady even got chocolate chips for my daughter's waffle but my hot breakfast was cold and the blackout blinds were hidden behind the decorative drapes and sheers. We didn't find them till morning so didn't get much sleep because of a lamp outside the window and trucks going by. Most places that have them put them on the outside so people can see them. A little off the beaten path from the major highway. Pool was great. Room was clean and adequate. We would stay there again now that we know where to look for the blackout drapes. i believe that if I had reported the cold breakfast that something would have been done about it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Kelly F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Cortland, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Good Morning Chris B.

I thank you for your response and for sharing your detailed feedback. I appreciate you mentioning the wonderful customer service that you received while with us. I also do appreciate your suggestions regarding our black outs and will see what we can do to revise that. I also would like to apologize for your breakfast being cold. Any time that you are with us and you experience such a concern, please do notify our front desk immediately and we will do our best to resolve. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit in Cortland!
Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I assumed there would be only 1 improvement needed since my last visit: the dust underneath the chairs.. but country inn has exceeded my expectations this thanksgiving. Being overbooked, they graciously upgraded me to a Jacuzzi suite at no extra xcharge. The staff was extremely helpful AND courteous. One thing I will add is that the walls and doors seem to be thicker than most other places so loud TV or noise in the hallway is basically non existent. This is my third stay in 3 months, and as I have said previously, the beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept in. A free hot breakfast greeted me every morning in the downstairs area. Anything I needed that was forgotten, they immediately provided>>in this case it was razors and shaving cream. Each room has its own sink, microwave, dvd, flatscreen , and mini refrigerator. I normally don't give 5 stars for anyone, but I feel they deserved it this time. The value was also superior. I still cannot understand how other nearby hotels charge double and triple the rate and simply offer you a mattress and that's it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Kelly F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Cortland, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Galvodog6,

It is wonderful to hear from you on Trip Advisor about your recent experience with us. We are glad that we exceeded your expectations in removing the unwanted dust and hope to continue to WOW you during every visit! Have a wonderful rest of the day and we look forward to seeing you again!
putnam valley,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed here with my two daughters for a college visit. Being very particular with my hotels I decided to book this one for it's good reviews and closeness to the college. We felt like we were visitors in a friends home! Very charming place and extremely clean and comfortable. The complimentary coffee was great and the breakfast was ok. Would recommend this hotel to everyone! Especially those visiting Suny Cortlandt. Hotel is right across street!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Kelly F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Cortland, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear XOXfromParadise,

I wanted to reach out and say thank you! We truly appreciate your detailed feedback and appreciate you sharing your experience with our future guests. We are very lucky to be directly across from Suny Cortland as we get to know our Suny Parents and form a wonderful, comfortable, relationship with them. We hope that your daughters choose to attend Suny Cortland so that we are able to form one of those relationships with you and your family. Good Luck to you and your children in their endeavors, wherever they choose to go!!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We were passing through on our way to Niagara Falls and booked in advance to spend the night. The staff was outstanding--extremely friendly, very accommodating & truly professional. We only wanted a basic guest room, but they were all full when we booked our stay. Thus, we opted for a King suite--it was very spacious and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was excellent and we enjoyed using the fitness room. Unfortunately, we thought our check out time was at noon rather than 11am (which is clearly displayed at the front desk)...the housekeeping staff & front desk could not have been any nicer in allowing us the extra time to get ourselves together & packed up--they were extremely kind and assured us, "it's no problem". We have never encountered such friendliness from all staff personnel, regardless of the department they serve--they all smiled & made you feel welcome. We would HIGHLY recommended staying here!

Room Tip: Most families stay on the 1st floor so their children can easily access the pool...so, if you would...
Green Features: They offer you convenient areas to deposit plastic/cans, etc.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 1Reds1,

Thank you so much for recognizing our team for their customer service. That is our number 1 goal here at the Country Inn and Suites of Cortland, and it makes our staff feel so honored when our guests recognize that. We hope that you enjoyed your trip to Niagara and hope to see you in the future if your travels bring you this way! Take care until next time!

Been to Country Inn & Suites Cortland? Share your experiences!