“Nice and Warm and Friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Cortland
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Nice and Warm and Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed here in February after skiing at Greek Peak.. Very nice greeting with good cookies and coffee in lobby! The rooms were nice and large as well as the televisions. They come with a refrigerator and microwave. The buffet breakfast was O.K .We were late to arrive.As the waffle machine was out of service and the hot oatmeal was gone.A warm breakfast was not had for us.I would reccomend this hotel to anyone!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Teri T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Cortland, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Hello there!

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at our Country Inn & Suites while in the area for skiing recently. As you mentioned we are so close to Greek Peak and with such a short drive the value for staying off the mountain is great!

We look forward to welcoming you again soon, hope you can get back to our area for more skiing this season!

All our best!
Teri Tarshus and the whole CIS team!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Long Island,NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Booked thru booking.Com.cookies and coffee upon arrival along with friendly service. Rooms and bedding was very clean. Comforter did gave a small stain, don't use comforters. Only minor complain is the strong chlorine smell of pool that permeates around first floor elevator area. Breakfast is fantastic from bagels to yogurt, fruit and hit plates like eggs and sausage. Great value!

• Stayed January 2013
Teri T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Cortland, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
It is great to hear from you on your recent stay at our hotel. Yes, we are an easy 10 minutes to Greek Peak and offer so much for our ski families. Thank you for brining to our attention the duvet, I will make sure our housekeeping department is taking extra time and care while preparing all rooms to ensure upon your return and for all our future guests a good nights sleep is not spoiled with a stain or spot on the bedding.

Breakfast is one of our most popular amenities and we take great care and thought as we prepare our menus to make sure items served are fresh each morning.

Again, thank you for taking your time to share your stay with us-your feedback is very important to our team knowing what we do well as well as the areas where we can do something different to make your stay in the future more enjoyable.

607-753-8300
Somers, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed last night with my family and enjoyed my stay very much. We stayed overnight for a gymnastics competition that was being held at SUNY Cortland. Upon arrival we were pleasantly greeted by the person at the front desk. Check in took less that 2 minutes. Provided complementary cookies and coffee. Our room was very nice and large. A few minutes after getting settled in the room we received a call from front desk making sure the room was as expected. Pretty impressive for a commuter Hotel/motel. Bathroom was large and very clean. Water pressure in shower was very good and plenty of hot water. The hotel has a small pool and hot tub that we did not use as hotel and pool was full of kids because the competition. The comp breakfast was much better than expected. Very clean well stocked and included hot items such as oatmeal, eggs, bacon, & home fries. Price was comparable to other local hotels that did not receive as many good reviews as I read about this hotel. If in the area I would without question stay here again. The only negative I feel the need to mention is someone must have spilled soda on the side of the night stand and wall that was not cleaned up. Hope this helps.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us while visiting Cortland recently but more so for taking your time to share the stay with our future guests.
I have shared your observations with housekeeping and our team will make a very big effort to pay closer attention to small details in the future.
I am sorry to hear the pool and hot tub were very full during your stay they are very popular with just about all of our guests and get used daily.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Cortland again soon!

Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The hotel staff was very friendly and courteous. The room was clean and comfortable. The pool and spa were very well maintained. Breakfast however, was poor. The eggs and ham in the warmer, were not warm and the oatmeal was cold and the consistency of glue. We would stay there again, however, we would opt for breakfast somewhere else.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and there was little noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Teri T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Cortland, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Alison,

Thank you so much for your thoughts and insight on your past stay. I appreciate it so veyr much and will work asap with my breakfast team to ensure we are cooking and heating properly as well as maintaining for the best presentation possible.

I am very glad to read you enjoyed yoru stay with the exception of breakfast but I guarantee your next visit will have differenct results.

I look forward to welcoming you back again on your next stay, if I can be of assistance with any future reservations please feel free to contact me directly.

607-753-8300
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night while traveling with family and visiting the University. The hotel is clean and the staff are very helpful. The fitness center was not too big but had a few different machines. The complimentary wifi worked exceptionally well throughout the hotel. The complimentary breakfast was good and served fresh & hot and featured a variety of options. My wife and daughter made their own waffles which they loved while I had the oatmeal and some eggs. Once again, the staff were very nice and attentive. Overall, a good hotel at a great price in a small town with limited options.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Robert,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your recent stay with our future guests, I truly appreciate and enjoy reading them. Our team thanks you and we look forward to welcoming you back again on your next SUNY Cortland trip!

Teri
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed in this hotel one week ago with my daughter of 3 1/2 years old and my husband. We loved it. It was clean, people worked there were nice. Good breakfast, I didn't know they also allow you to borrow movies and books with free of charge. My daughter said she wanted to live there, highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Teri T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Cortland, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to share your recent stay. I am thrilled to hear there were so many surprises waiting for you once you arrived at our hotel. The books you will find at all Country Inn & Suites, so please look for them on future hotel stays, the DVDs are special to our hotel and I am glad the hear you enjoyed.

Country Inn & Suites are very kid friendly, so please as your daughter grows up keep us in mind for all your future hotel needs.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon in Cortland.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We just stayed at Country Inn and suite. The room was clean and comfortable but what made all the difference was the staff. At the front desk: Monica, Kelly and Nicole were always smiling, keen to help. Margie at the breakfast area, was stopping at every table greeting, complimenting customers, chatting with kids. The pool was nice and warm. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Teri T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Cortland, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to write a reivew about our hotel and than you so much more for mentioning our team members who had such an impact on your stay. They are all gems and I am very honored to have each on my team!

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon at the Country Inn, Cortland.

Teri Tarshus

Been to Country Inn & Suites Cortland? Share your experiences!