“Above and beyond” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport

You added SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Corona
Lowell, Michigan
“Above and beyond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Wow what can I say. I was booking this hotel for a business meeting group of 20 to 24 folks. They are use to staying in a full service hotel in many of the larger cities. I must say this was the best experience I have had in ages.
I can honestly say that every single staff member at this hotel I came in contact with went above and beyond. I have not had customer service like this ever!
The hotel is beautiful, clean and the rooms are large with comfortable beds. The breakfast is one of the best. The noise in some of the lower floor rooms is from the street and very common in NY. But most of the folks I worked with said they did not hear much and slept well.
Allison Mitchell from Sales made my job so easy. She handled our transportation needs, great ideas for dinners and catering, as well as a quick sneak away to do some shopping. The meeting room was set up as expected and all my needs were met.
Great Location to Citi Field, and the free shuttle service to nearby locations and the airport was an added benifit. The bar and bartender were pleasent and the fully stocked snack/toiletry in the lobby was nice.
Kudos to the staff and General Manager for our great experience. We will be back!

Room Tip: HIgher floors for less road noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sean M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We pride ourselves on great service and we always enjoy hearing from a guest who has experienced the best of what we have to offer. We are an excellent choice for guests who are travelling on business. Our free Wi-Fi has three times the standard bandwidth which provides excellent connectivity. We just added some new items to our breakfast to make it even better. Thanks again for choosing our hotel, we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to NYC.

Sean Meade

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this new hotel for 3 months while on business. I wish they had been opened the first 3 months I was there. I would personally recommend this hotel to anyone. Everyday you will have a staff that goes above and beyond to meet your needs. A shuttle that will take you not only to the airport, also local restaurants, stores laundry facilities or the train. They have beautiful spacious rooms, free wifi, business center, ATM, laundry facilities, fitness center, an excellent free breakfast and so much more. If I return to New York I would not even consider another hotel. Intercontinental, and Hilton were nice hotels as well without all free extras. The staff at this one, from housekeeping, front desk, maintenance, the cooks, bar tenders,shuttle drivers each day brought this particular hotel to number one in New York on my list.
Enjoy!!!!!

Room Tip: I stayed in a one bedroom suite with a kitchenette. It had a beautiful living room with a hide a bed...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We pride ourselves on great service and we always enjoy hearing from a guest who has experienced the best of what we have to offer. We are an excellent choice for guests who are travelling on business. We just added some new items to our breakfast to make it even better. I am glad we were able to accommodate your needs while you stayed with us for 3 months. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to NYC.

St. Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I chose the SpringHill Suites based on other reviews! And I can only just add more PLUS comments!
This is a fairly new hotel, lobby is pretty upscale, has a great complimentary breakfast, a business center, (great to be able to print boarding passes), free wifi in roomm even a shuttle to pickup/return to airport, or anywhere else within limits too! ALL kinds of restaurants within walking distance. Also delivery from almost all to the hotel also!
Staff were all very friendly and helpful! Rooms are (at least the King suite) are EXCELLENT! Plenty of room, I liked the little 'divider' where you work on laptop, so that you won't bother the other guest trying to sleep HA!
Shower/sink in one room, toilet and a cute little small hand sink in another(both have pocket doors) Saves on space. One t.v,. to watch from bed (very comfortable too I might add) and another smaller one in the other end of the room to view from couch (which can be a pull out bed. There is a microwave and small fridge in the corner also.
I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, you may want to ask for a room not facing Northern Blvd. It's a mai...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Sean M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of our hotel. We just opened in December of 2012 so all of our facilities are new. I am glad you enjoyed our king suite, it is an upgraded room but like you said there is plenty of space for a family to spread out. Thank you for the recommendation. I hope you choose to stay with us on your next visit to NYC.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Must be a new hotel, in great shape, looks sharp, clean and well attended with the right amount of staffing. For the area, the 200 a night level is quite reasonable and actually a good deal for all you get. Complementary breakfast was fresh, hot and good. Bagels, scrambled eggs, waffles, even scrambled egg whites. Neither the Wife nor I liked the bed, but I saw alot of reviewers really liked the beds, so I'm not sure what to make of that. Maybe it was just our room or personal preference issue. Solid hotel, I recommend.

Room Tip: I personally enjoyed the city view from our room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of our hotel. We just opened in December of 2012 so all of our facilities are new. We are a great value with the free WI-FI, complimentary shuttle and complimentary breakfast. We just added some new items to our breakfast to make it even better. I am sorry you did not enjoy our beds. They are newer, so if do not prefer a stiff mattress you may not enjoy them. Thank you for the recommendation and again, thank you for the review.

Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed here when we were in town for a Mets game and visiting some friends in Queens. If you're planning to enjoy Manhattan, it's probably better to stay in Manhattan. I don't know how far the hotel is from the subway, and the hotel is surrounded by row homes and highways, so there's not much going on outside of the hotel. Also, the hotel has no restaurant - plenty of take out menus, through, and a selection of prepackaged foods/snacks to buy, and a great free breakfast in the lobby - so keep that in mind if that's important to you. There's a standard American restaurant in the Holiday Inn about 4 blocks away.

That said, what an incredible hotel! Beautiful, chic, crisp and very clean, and huge suites. The staff is first rate - wonderfully friendly. Great lounge, bar, and gym. Bed was incredibly comfortable. I really loved staying here! The hotel offers a free shuttle to/from the airport, which is just maybe 10 minutes away. And even through it's close to the airport, we never heard one airplane once.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel, not facing Northern Blvd. The traffic can get quite loud.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of our hotel. We just opened in December of 2012 so all of our facilities are new. We are a perfect location for guest looking to attend a Mets game. We are a short 10 minute walk to the stadium. We pride ourselves on great service and we always enjoy hearing from a guest who has experienced the best of what we have to offer. Again, thank you for the review. I hope you choose us again on your next visit to NYC.

Gulfport, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Very nice hotel. Helpful staff that can point you in right direction to see the sites in Manhattan. Bar in the lobby is small, but nice. Hotel is about 20 mins from Times Square, and only 5 minutes from LGA airport.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of our hotel. We are a great hotel for the business traveler. Our complimentary Wi-Fi is three times the standard bandwidth which makes for excellent connectivity. We are a short 5 minute ride to the airport and our complimentary shuttle would be happy to take you. Again, thank you for your review. I hope you will stay with us on your next trip to NYC.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel is new as of Dec. 2012, really nice. Great staff, super friendly and ready to help with anything. They know the transport system and can give you directions. Van will take you to some restaurants in the area, subway station, and within a 3 mile radius of the hotel. They will also assist when you leave your key in your room and realize it just when the door closes. Really great bunch of people

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of the airport, on a nice day you can sit and just enjoy some peace, get s...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of our hotel. We pride ourselves on great service and we always enjoy hearing from a guest who has experienced the best of what we have to offer. Our shuttle is complimentary and I am glad you were able to take advantage of it while in town. Again, thank you for the review. I hope you will choose us on your next visit to NYC.

Sean Meade

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport? Share your experiences!