It's great in this department. The rooms, sheets, & showers were clean.
More than willing to help. Provided subway maps which were invaluable to get around New York. Asked for additional towels and 5 min later they were brought up. They'll call Taxi's or Limo's for you at a moments notice. The shuttle was timely with all our experiences.
Well... this is a double edged sword. It's very close to New York City. Just catch the Purple #7 Manhattan Bound Train at the 111st stop. It's about a 5-10min walk from the lobby. Once you get on the train you'll be in Grand Central or Times Square about 30-40min later. Plenty of time to admire all the spray paint on the buildings.
The walk from the hotel to the subway station is very ghetto. It's a poor, minority community in upper Queens. I probably wouldn't stay out too late, the latest we came back was 10pm. No one bothered us. Subway fare is $2, or pay $24 for a Metrocard and use it unlimited for a week. Buy the card at the Subway station.
Got it on Priceline for $100, beat that in NYC.
If you want to visit New York on a budget and don't mind the long train rides, stay here. It's clean and the staff is friendly. Next time I'll probably stay in Manhattan just to save time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport Hotel is the only hotel within walking distance to Citi Field, home of the New York Mets Baseball team. The USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center, home of the US Open Tennis and beautiful Flushing Meadows Corona Park are a short walk away. Our hotel is conveniently located a few blocks away from the #7 train leading directly to Manhattan's Grand Central Terminal. Easy subway access to Times Square, Broadway Theatres and great shopping in Midtown and Canal Street for bargains! Major events in sports, entertainment, music and art with internationally renowned dining choices and sightseeing are all nearby. Visit museums and art galleries, returning to the hotel for relaxation, family-style dining in the Pine Italian restaurant. Enjoy breakfast, lunch & dinner here. Happy hour & late night snacks with a wide array of sports memorabilia to talk about with new friends! 24 Hour complimentary shuttle from and to LaGuardia Airport. The daily moderate parking fee onsite is $8.00. We are easily accessible to roads that connect us to Long Island, Manhattan, Brooklyn & the Bronx. Whether you stay for business or pleasure, we are here to accommodate your every need. Our warm & friendly associates at the Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport hotel look forward to providing you with the customer service you deserve at your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Laguardia Airport Hotel Corona
- Laguardia Airport Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Corona
- Corona Holiday Inn