“Very friendly hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Very friendly hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Comfortable hotel, in an ideal location for visiting Corning.

The rooms are in need of a little redecoration and the beds have a strange facility to electronically firm up or soften the mattress. Not sure if I was using it correctly but it didn't seem to work properly and it felt a little like sleeping on an airbed. Still had a good night's sleep though :-)

Bar staff were good, recommending several local beers to try - perhaps that's why I had such a good nights sleep.....

Reception staff were very friendly, loaning me a UK - US plug adaptor at no extra charge and also recommending a local restaurant for breakfast.

Only downside was the swimming pool which was tiny and didn't look too welcoming.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was a nice place to stay, fairly clean and the staff was very nice. Bummed the pool closed at 10PM though and have kids that wanted to swim. My only complaint is I wasted 10 minutes looking for the blow dryer for my hair! It was in the closet in a bag, hanging up.. A little strange if you ask me! There was also not a microwave and we would have liked that but over all not bad but a little on the pricey side for a Radisson.

Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I tagged along on a business trip with my husband and having a hotel within walking distance of the main street was important. The Radisson was the best hotel for that since you walk onto Market Street from the back door. The foyer is lovely. Check in was a breeze and even though we arrived at noon, we were allowed to check in without a hassle.

Our room was on the smallish side and had no view to speak of. I would ask for a room on the third floor, if possible. The rooms on the second floor facing out towards Denison Parkway look out onto the gravel roof of the first floor and onto the highway. That said, there was no highway noise at all from the room. The water pressure was excellent for showers and the bed was very comfortable once we figured out the sleep number set-up.

The in-house restaurant looked nice, but we didn't take advantage of it, nor the swimming pool. We did peek in and thought the pool was a nice size as was the work-out room adjacent to it. Coffee is available free of charge in the morning in the lobby. Water bottles were in our room for free and were much appreciated.

I've rated this four dots due to the view and the price. Overall, it looked like it could use a bit of an update, but perhaps that is being done and we just got one of the older rooms.

Room Tip: Third floor would be good. Try to avoid the second floor facing the highway.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
QUEENS,NEW YORK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

A good base to visit the finger lakes, Watkins Glen and other local attractions. The room had a very comfortable bed and was immaculately clean. The service was good too and the property has a bar, restaurant and spa. No complaints.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

On my and my husband's trip this time to the finger lakes wine region we decided to stay in Corning, about 20 minute drive from some of our favorite wineries on Seneca Lake. The Raddisson Hotel Corning was a great surprise, rooms are very comfortable, seems like they have been recently updated, very clean and nicely decorated (although wasn't a big fan of the Sleep Number bed). Hotel is pet friendly which is good for those of us with a dog that like to take last minute quick weekend trips but don't have a regular dog sitter. Hotel is very conveniently located right next to Corning historical downtown main street with cute shops and some nice looking restaurants and bars. We got an added surprise when we arrived at the hotel and the Corning Glass Fest was going on (end of May). We were treated to an outdoor concert under the stars of a great Journey cover band with fireworks afterwards. Definitely will stay here on our next trip!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This is my first time rating a hotel 5. We are travelling with my 5 month old daughter and I am really picky, however, this hotel did not disappoint me. The staff are very helpful and friendly, the facilities are nice and clean, the restaurant has delicious menu and very reasonably priced. If I have to fins something bad to say, the air cond is a bit loud.

Albany NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I went away for a relax weekend and stayed at the Corning Radisson. We loved, loved, loved this hotel. The whole atmosphere, right from when you first walk in, is relaxing. The lobby has a water foundtain and plants all around with semi-private seating areas.

The room was a good size, larger and most hotel rooms I've been in.

The food was delicious; one nigth we ordered room service and the order taker apologized because they were busy and it would take a little while...20 minutes!! I had to laugh as I expected her to say over an hour. :)

The staff is extraordinary. Everyone made it clear that they were there to serve us and if we needed anything at all to be sure to ask anyone. Several staff members took the time to tell us about different places to visit in the area, along with background stories.

We will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Radisson Hotel Corning? Share your experiences!