“Comfortable and clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 6 hotels in Corning
Audubon, New Jersey
“Comfortable and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The beds were very comfortable. We enjoyed the free full breakfast, pool, and outdoor sitting area behind the pool. The staff were very friendly at night. In the morning they were outside smoking so I didn't interact with them. We were able to walk to Wegman's which was a nice plus.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GM124, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I am glad you found the hotel comfortable and clean and the staff friendly. I am also pleased to see you enjoyed our new patio. We just completed it and are thrilled at how it came out. Fortunately, so are our guests. I hope to be able to host you on a return visit. By the way, isn't our Wegman's a great store?

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Brookfield, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My sister and I just returned from our stay at Corning. This hotel was very clean and offered a wonderful breakfast. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location of the hotel was convenient to the Glass Museum, ice cream shop, historical building (right across the street), Market Street ( filled with restaurants and quaint shops), gas station and the highway.
We couldn't have asked for a better experience!!!

Room Tip: Be aware that there is no elevator for second floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GM124, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
I am so glad you had a great stay! It looks like you really took advantage of what Corning has to offer. You also discovered a couple of local gems - The Benjamin Patterson Inn and Hokey Pokey Ice Cream. Thank you for posting your review and the kind comments regarding the staff and the amenities we offer. On your next visit, check out the Rockwell Museum of Western Art. Thanks again!

Worcester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

On a very busy Saturday afternoon we stopped for the night and were offered a large very clean room made ready by the Hotel manager himself. The king bed was truly amazing. Firm pillow top mattress,down comforter,plenty of comfy pillows and a serene night's sleep. Full breakfast next AM, WiFi,friendly welcoming staff. Our second time in this hotel and recommend it highly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so happy you enjoyed our beds! Not surprisingly, we get many compliments on them. I was also glad to read your comments about the breakfast, wifi and welcoming staff. As for the comment about the hotel manager...I just hope it doesn't go to my head! Thanks again.

Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I stay in hotels 300+nights yearly, so I appreciate the hard work they did at this hotel to make my stay an awsome one. The building and grounds are well maintained, the interior is clean and the hallway is clean and fresh. Sue checked me in quickly and I found my room to be clean and comfortable. Overall, a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for posting your comments. I always enjoy reading reviews by seasoned travelers such as yourself. I will be sure to let Sue know you mentioned her name. Like all of us, she is very dedicated to providing our guests a great experience. Thanks again.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Very friendly staff and helpful! The pool was closed due to renovations. Not good! The beds were comfortable, nice lobby, some better breakfast choices. The blanket had hairs on it. I definitely was creeped out.

Room Tip: Ask or look at bed linens.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
GM124, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
I would like to apologize for the issues with the bedding and the pool. While not our finest moment, I was glad to read that you found my staff very friendly and helpful. I hope you give us another opportunity on your next trip through our area. I am sure you will have a much better experience. Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments.

Troy, o
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I had stayed at the Comfort Inn once before and was very happy with the quality and cleanliness of the motel so when we traveled to Corning again, I made a reservation for three nights. I stayed one and then left. The bathroom was not thoroughly cleaned and the room had a very strong musty odor. When I showed the employee the bathroom, he addressed the problem immediately. I thought that turning on the air conditioner would solve the odor problem and four hous later it was still bad. An employee ultimately opened a window and placed a fan in front of it. The fan ran all night and dissipated the odor enough for us to sleep. The employees did try to rectify the situation and I appreciated their efforts.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
GM124, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced during your recent stay. I was glad to read that the staff tried all they could to rectify the situation. They do care about taking care of our guests as you experienced on your previous stay. I do hope that you give us another chance on your next trip through our area. I am sure you will not be dissapointed again.

Thomas Magnusen
Omaha, NE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Spent three nights here while visiting Cornell and doing some sightseeing. The absolute most comfortable beds I've enjoyed at a hotel. Would have liked to take it home! Very clean. Front-desk staff was pleasant and helpful. Breakfast selections were varied and good. Would definitely stay here again. Highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GM124, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you so much for posting your review of your stay with us. I am happy your had a great stay. Our pillowtop mattresses are always a big hit with our guests (others have also offered to "take them home" for us!). I am also appreciative of your comments regarding the staff and breakfast. We hope to see you again on a future visit to our area. Thanks again.

Comfort Inn Corning

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!