“Decent hotel, close to glass museum and restaurants.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Corning
Pennsylvania
“Decent hotel, close to glass museum and restaurants.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

My mother and I stayed here for one night after taking my son to an academic camp at Alfred University. After reading reviews and realizing property did not have an elevator, I reserved a handicapped-accessible room so we would be assured of a first floor room (mom has had two knee replacements). Room and property appeared recently renovated, newer furniture, etc. Oddly, our bathroom sink was unfinished (just a plywood base) but front desk clerk said that they were still in the process of trying to finish the renovations so assume it will be done soon. Breakfast was decent, hot and cold choices. AAA rate was reasonable. Corning Glass Museum a very short drive, and pleased that it was open until 8:00 PM during the summer!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
GM089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Hello, thanks for taking time to comment on your stay. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to our area and your trip to the Corning Museum of Glass. Next time, be sure to check out the Rockwell Museum and the Finger Lakes wineries.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

Having stayed in over 20 hotels in this chain in the last 2 months. I know what to expect. In fact, having read the reviews for the Corning Comfort Inn, my expectations were low before I arrived, but they were exceeded in this instance. Yes, the hotel is a bit 'tired' in places, but the staff are doing an excellent job and it was quiet and comfortable. It is well located right near to the heart of the downtown historic area and the glass museum and the breakfast was better than average. I would reccommend this hotel for a short stay, although the price of the room was very high for what it was.

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
GM089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad we exceeded your expectations. I'll be happy to pass on your comments on to my staff as I am sure they will be pleased. Thanks again.
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

This hotel has been newly renovated and is a great location to downtown Market Street with nice shops and dining. It is also a great location for the Corning Glass Museum. They are both in walking distance (if you are good at walking at least 1/2 mile). The breakfast was good and the rooms clean. Staff was friendly and very helpful for our special parking needs. 100% smoking and pet free is for me!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011 via mobile

The newly renovated rooms were beautiful, too bad the housekeeping wasn't better. Rooms and bath were dusty and one one the beds were not changed from previous guest. Front desk was very helpful but they ready need better cleaning.

• Stayed June 2011
GM089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Hello, thank you for the kind words regarding my hotel. I am glad you appreciated the renovations. I am sorry that the housekeeping was not to standard. It will be discussed with my housekeeping department as we do strive for continuous improvement. Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. I hope that we can host you once again on your next trip through the Finger Lakes region, I'm sure you will enjoy a better stay.
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

We spent 2 nights at the Comfort Inn in Corning as part of a driving vacation through the Finger Lakes area. The room was recently renovated and all the furnishings were brand new, as were the bathroom fixtures. There was a large flat screen TV, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and DVD player. The king size bed was quite comfortable. Breakfast is provided each morning and there was a very good selection of cereal, muffins, eggs, etc. I would not hesitate to stay here again. The only thing missing is an elevator; you may have to lug your suitcase up the stairs to the second floor.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Wayne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

Great location. They have spent $$ to buy new furnishings, but hey have not given TLC to the infrastructure. For example, our door lock had one screw missing and one so loose that the lock was not secure. AC needed attention - had it set to 60 to get comfortable room after a l-o-n-g time. Lobby furniture is faded and thread-bare.
Check-in service was great. Intererested and attentive person. Check-out was the exact opposite.

"Close, but no cigar!"

Room Tip: Worth the price? - Maybe. Pleasing? No.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
GM089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 29, 2011
Hello, thank you for taking your time to post your comments regarding your stay at my hotel. I appreciate all comments whether positive or negative. You will be pleased to know that all of our lobby furniture will be replaced soon. It is one of the final steps in our extensive renovation project. I apologize for those issues that caused you concern and will certainly look into resolving them. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I do hope that you will do so again on your next trip through our area.
Southington, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

As part of a tour bus group, we got to the hotel and room cards were handed out. We found out that the second floor had no elevator and heavy bags had to be carried up about 20-25 stairs (Some by older folks)
As tour leader, had I known there was this unusual difficulty for part of our group, I would have booked rooms at another hotel.
Rooms were very clean and acceptable and the hot breakfast was very good

Room Tip: Ask for first floor rooms!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
GM089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 17, 2011
Thank you for your kind words about my property. I am glad you found our newly renovated rooms clean and our breakfast enjoyable. I am sorry we do not have an elevator. We do offer porterage service to our tour busses so we can accommodate those who have difficulty with the steps.

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!