“Improvement needed but some seen already” 2 of 5 stars

Budget Inn Corning
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11385 LPGA Drive, Corning, NY 14830   |
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Corning
Guelph, Canada
“Improvement needed but some seen already”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Super comfy bed, excellent security on the door, new TV, fridge, air conditioner. BUT the walls are in desperate need of a paint job and the bathroom, although it serves its purpose, is laid out very badly. Only one lamp which is a problem when both travellers want to read in bed. No bugs and no bad experience of any kind.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Clinton, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Read all the reviews before staying at this hotel as they are all true. This was one step away from camping on a garbage dump!!! The staff was very friendly and lived at the hotel, my guess is to only distract you from writing a bad review. Bugs, dirt, filth, grime and more bugs. We got this room over the internet to go to the races at Watkins Glen, traveling from Tennessee and all area hotel rooms were booked due to the Nascar races. The owners should be ashamed of themselves. PIGS!!! Does New York have no health inspections?

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

OK The good points. The free Wi-Fi was very fast. The router was right outside our door in a Tupperware container. It was close to the historic area in Corning. Check in was easy. It had a microwave (didn't use) and a mini-fridge.

Now the rest of it - there was no coffee maker, iron or hair dryer. Whoever built or refinished the room forgot to lay the plywood flooring for the last foot of the room. So when you walked across the room, you sunk in the last foot at the bathroom door.

The bathroom had a 12" towel rack and that was it - no hooks, no other place to hang a towel and other than the bathroom sink, no place to put anything.

When we got there, there was no hot water. By the next morning, after running the shower for 10 minutes, the water got hot (I'm guessing they shut off the water heater when the room is not occupied to save energy but whatever they saved, they lost because of the wasted water trying to get it hot.) But the water didn't stay an even temperature. It went to very, very hot to very, very cold in the blink of an eye. I would not allow a child in that shower for fear of them getting burned.

We were there for 3 nights. After the first night when housekeeping came in, they didn't empty the trash which was overflowing since we had gotten take out. So I left a note for housekeeping asking them to empty the trash. After the second night, they still hadn't emptied the trash so I called the desk. They brought a new bag immediately but since when do you have to tell housekeeping that?

Even with the air conditioner on, the room was musty. Just couldn't get rid of that smell.

There was a breakfast in the small hotel lobby. It was supposed to be open 7-9 but when we went at 7:15, the door was locked. We rang the bell and the girl who checked us in came in her jammies and bare feet to open the door.

I know it's a budget hotel but even with that, there are certain minimums to be expected. This place had a hard time getting there.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Fredonia, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We thought about taking pictures but they would not accurately depict the stench coming from every inch of the room. We sprayed Lysol all over the bed, bathroom and every possible surface to touch just to be slightly comfortable about being inside the room. I would not walk barefoot or take a shower in the room. We were very glad that this was an extremely short stay - just after a concert at the TAG center and leave before 6am; sleeping in the car may have been a better option. This place should be closed; no question!

Room Tip: A tip to choose a good room??? - Don't stay here - ever!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

My son and I shared a room with two double beds. It was a fairly chilly night, yet the bed had no covers at all! Only a top and bottom sheet under a counterpane. And there were no covers in the closet. I never use the counterpane as a cover, since they are not changed or cleaned with great frequency - even in more upscale places. There was a fairly large spider on my son's bed which I had to kill.. In addition there were many stains on the carpet, and we were uncomfortable about walking barefoot in the room. We left without showering in the morning since the shower was dirty around the drain.
I wish I didn't have to give it even one star. I think that HotelGuides should drop this facility from its list.

Room Tip: If you want a good room don't stay at the Budget Inn, in Corning, NY
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Poughkeepsie, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Disgusting. Unsafe feeling. DIRTY. Creepy.
And to boot - they knowingly* DOUBLE CHARGED me and can't give me a refund. "The manager does that who's only in on Mondays from 6p-8p. Call then"
OMG!

*When I was checking in and the front desk was about to run my card, another office person said to the guy that my credit card was already billed. He gave her a look like she was crazy, kinda shrugged and swiped the card. Sure enough, the statement came in with TWO charges that day.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This "motel" should be marketed as some sort of cut rate horror ride. I truly think that the hotel was abandoned and taken over by an itinerant band of sadist swindlers. "Shabby" and "run-down" do not begin to describe the decrepitude of this disgusting, filthy, falling apart mess. I was truly afraid that I was going to fall through the sagging rotted flooring with every step I took. In the middle of the night a piece of the bathroom door molding fell off with a resounding "bang" that woke me in terror. I did not want to touch anything with my skin. The poor teenage girl at the desk had a very rudimentary command of English, and I felt sorry for her, I believe she has been kidnapped and pressed into servitude by her unscrupulous uncle. She tried to get ice, but it was a long, laborious process involving multiple phone calls in a foreign tongue. Be afraid, be very afraid and avoid this place like the plague.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Budget Inn Corning? Share your experiences!