“It's always interesting” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 55 Restaurants in Corning
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Rochester, New York
“It's always interesting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

to walk into a restaurant that combines history with contemporary....plus the capability of sitting outside on a glorious summer day. This was a happenstance that turned out to be an enjoyable interlude. The food is good and would have gone back for dinner, but I always like to expand my horizons and went across the street to Sorge's which is also very good.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lindsay, Canada
“Food not worth eating”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We had supper there this past Monday. A bad experience. I ordered a veggie wrap that looked good. It had so much liquid in it that when I picked it up it ran out. When I picked up the second half the wrap was so soggy. Awful.
My husband had chicken pot pie with a Caesar salad. The only way you new it was a Caesar was by the Parmesan cheese and croutons. No flavour at all. The couple next to us had it as well and they didn't finish it either.
We visit Corning a couple times a year on our travels. This place is off our list!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Food
ny
“Would not go back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The food was lacking in flavor. I had a salad that was ok. My husband had a brad sandwich which was ok. His sweet potato fries were cold put fairly crispy. We shared the homemade potato chips at our table and they were a oily, soggy mess. Our friend had a burger which was only ok. There pub food was really sub par.
After waiting at least 20 minutes for someone to wait on us a young and very nice waitress took our order and served us. She wasn't even assigned out table but felt bad for us.
Really, don't waste your time or money here.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
MichiganUSA
“Ok food, nice outdoor patio”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The sweet potato fries were good but the burger my husband had was average and my lunch was also so-so.

Visited July 2014
nj
“needs some help”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

let's start with the food ... we came in because the special on the board outside appealed to my wife ... then the waitress told us about it ... then we ordered it ... then the waitress came back and said they were out of it, they had to throw all of it out cause the fish was bad (okay, that's fine, but why keep it on the board and why keep telling the customers it was available).....I came in for the one vegetarian option on the menu (they were out of that, too, but they substituted it with a pasta w/vodka sauce - okay - sounded good - except they served me a pasta w/marinara sauce - which was good, but not what was offered) .... we went through our salads and were served the main course before waitress brought over our napkins we were promised when we first sat down .... like I said, it needs help (better management perhaps)

• 3 of 5 stars Food