“pleasant to look at” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
New York City, New York
“pleasant to look at”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

nice decor but lousy hamburgers. food in general was barely passable. in all fairness, we went late at night just before they closed. service was friendly but we would not return.

Visited April 2012

Corning, New York
“Good family restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Very good selection of comfort foods, traditional ethnic, such as Italian dishes; good steaks. Family atmosphere at reasonable prices.

Visited July 2012
Minesing, Canada
“Good local diner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Recommended on our first night in Corning. The meals come with a bottomless bowl of soup which I took advantage and tried both of the soups. Delicious. Our server was great and recommended different plates. On the whole the food was very good and truly homecooked.
Highly recommend for a casual night out.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Corning
“Should have tried it long ago.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

After several visits to Corning over the years, I finally gave Spencer's a try. I had seen it before and it has been locally recommended over the years but I never tried it because of the location and rustic outside decor. Normally, we stick to walking distance on Market Street but weren't able to get a table at our normal eateries so, we hopped in the car and headed towards Big Flats but only made it as far as the Dunkin Donuts before people in our party convinced me to give Spencer's a look on the inside. So glad I listened!
The lot was full but we were able to find parking just across the street. We were a party of 6 and were seated promptly. I was surprised at the size of the menu and the variety. Our waitress was very pleasant.
I can definitely recommend this place and will be returning soon. Please note that they don't serve breakfast anymore as described on their website.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Less tham average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Came here after the glass factory on a recommendation. Two of the items ordered caused the waitress to inform us they were out of the item. My son got scallops which were drenched in some type of oil and not able to be eaten. My steak was do bad I had to send it back. The waitress even commented that they cut into it and agreed with me. Said they had been having problems with the steak. So why even serve it to me?? And did they really try my steak in the back....how gross. I don't think I would even let my dog eat here....could not trust them. Corning needs better places to eat.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere