“DAYS INN STAY” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Copiague B&B and Inns
Brooklyn
“DAYS INN STAY”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

The room for $151.00 was not worth it as it was too small and the continental breakfast was a joke with not enough food or food choices, no orange juice just apple and the area was so small that i had to go outside to change my mind. only one vending machine and it was for beverages.i live in new york and i will drive home next time or stay with a friend rather then stay at this days inn. when i drive to the midwest the rooms are cheaper and a better value for your dollar. please make some changes at this inn as it looks like a poor situationand would never recommend to anyone especialli to people i like.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Daysinnliny, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Long Island/Copiague, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Firstly we would like to thank you for taking out time from your busy schedule to put in your reviews on your recent stay with us. Unfortunately we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience and we apologize for that. The day you stayed with us, unluckily that particular week our juice dispenser was out of order. We are happy to inform that it has been fixed now. We would also like to thank you for the advice for another vending machine for snacks. Thank you and have a great day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I knew damn well that I was booking a room at an affordable drive-up motel.
Here is my tale: Got to the hotel and was not really surprised by the industrial area that it was located because I had read about it in other reviews. Nor was I surprised by the bulletproof glass over the front desk. But when I got into my non-smoking room it reeked of cigarettes, and I noticed two ashtrays in the room. Trying to just roll with the punches I go to open the window to air out the room... and I saw two hypodermic needles outside the window on an attached ledge (photo attached). At that point I called my husband who was in the bathroom washing his hands and he replied "I would come look, but the doorknob just came off in my hand." Although, I usually avoid any potential confrontation and do not complain, I had to call the front desk to ask for another room. I am sure most of you are probably thinking, "what, you stayed there still?!" – I know, it was stupid but I am frugal and I was committed to thinking "it's not that bad, right?" Well, the second room was not that bad. There was some late night partying going on as mentioned in other reviews. Overall, I would never recommend this hotel to anyone, but if you decide not to heed my warning at least make sure you avoid room 215.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Daysinnliny, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Long Island/Copiague, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Kindly accept our deep apologies for the experience you had during your recent stay with us. Thank you for getting our attention to the broken door knob, it has been fixed now. There are some problems that occur after the guest checks-in and can be fixed once they check out. We are happy that the second room that you were moved to did not have any such issues. Thank you and have a great day.

Been to Days Inn Long Island/Copiague? Share your experiences!