“You'd be better off at the Motel 6” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 1 Copiague B&B and Inns

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
SAITMA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Below is my mail to the hotel, but no reply received to date. I will not know the status until I receive the next month statement of my credit card. Just so you know.
---------------------------------
To the attention of Manager on duty (1/4/13)

Good afternoon. This is Mr. Hisaaki Nagashima, checked out this morning (Rm #210) at 7:15 am.

As the manager was not present, the receptionist (Sheila) was not able to issue a credit in the amount of $294.63 to my credit card. While she said it would be taken care of by the end of the day, I would appreciate your confirmation on completion of the transaction. It is rather unusual that things of this nature is not done at the time of check-out systematically, nor have I received any printed statement either.

Just for the record, $125.00 was initially charged as a deposit for the first night and $616.05 was paid (on the same credit card) when I checked in because I was originally scheduled to stay until 6th.

Thank you for your kind attention to this matter.

Best regards,
Hank Nagashima

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Fairfield, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I would not wish this place on my worst enemy. The room smelled like a dead body and they tried to cover it up with Lysol.

I let them know that I tried to air the room out for 20 minutes and it did not help. They moved me to the room next door and it was the same thing.

There were all kinds of ghetto trash hanging around my car when I was leaving and the place seemed like a party/hooker hotel based on the people hanging around there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

OK, this is a Days Inn so my rating is based on the fact that this is a budget motel. It's located just off the main highway (27 - Sunrise Highway - POW Memorial HIghway) in a commercial/light industrial area. Hotel was a little hard to find and like some others, my GPS led me a bit astray as it took me down a dead end road across from the hotel.

The location is probably what people don't like about the hotel. One side of the hotel looks out upon a residential area and the other side looks across a parking lot to an engine machining shop. It's a quiet area and you probably wouldn't feel comfortable walking around outside the hotel since there didn't seem to be any other people around. Also the fact that the front desk clerk sits behind protective plexiglass probably says something about the area.

That all being said, my stay there was fine. The woman at the front desk was friendly and efficient and the room seemed in good condition with a good-sized, modern and clean bathroom.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Bracknell, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

For some reason, the hotels in Nassau County were mostly sold out, when I was looking for a property to book for Thanksgiving weekend. Queens and Suffolk had available places, so after much thought, I went for the Days Inn, Copaigue. If you don't have a satnav, be careful, as this place is hard to find, just going by the directions on the hotel website. Even though I am originally from Long Island and used to work in the area, I had a hard time finding it. It's south of the Southern State Parkway, just off the Sunrise Highway (NY 27), 2nd traffic light east of Route 110. It's in an industrial area, down a side street.

Arrived late (due to late flight and problems finding the place), so checked in at 2AM. The woman at the desk was very pleasent, although upon entering, I noticed she was behond an assualt shield, which never inspires confidence when checking into a hotel. On several nights, I came in late, so encountered the same woman at the desk. I noticed many people calling and stopping in asking for hourly rates. This gave me the impression this place is used for sex sessions. The room was ok, but looked more date than the exterior of the building. Perhaps the outside has been refurbished. I booked a room with a microwave and a fridge, which is handy. The free wifi worked fine. Compared with the Days Inn Hicksville, where I have stayed several times before, this one isn't as good. My biggest complaint after the poor directions was that I never received maid service for my entire stay. As I would sleep late each day, with the do not disturb sign on the door, as is often my habit when I travel, the maid would pass me by. At every otehr hotel I have stayed at, the maid comes back around, later, when I take the sign off the door, after I go out for the day. Here, the maid never came back. I realize I probably could have called the desk and asked them to send the maid, but I wanted to see how long they'd go without cleaning the room, without me asking. Also, parking seemed limited. I wish there was a rating between poor and average. I think it's better than poor, but less than average. Personally, I'd skip this property, unless you are desperate, like I was.

Room Tip: Book a room with microwave and fridge, get snaks and drinks from local supermarkets, or 7-11. It...