“The hotel was nice but eerie” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 1 Copiague B&B and Inns
Connecticut
“The hotel was nice but eerie”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

Honestly for LI you can't really beat the price. The hotel itself was nice enough, but there was just something really creepy about it. I can't explain it.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
sillpatel, Manager at Days Inn Long Island/Copiague, responded to this review, April 8, 2012
Thank you very much for taking time out from your busy schedule to write a review for us and looking forward in future to see you back in town . Thank you again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Trento, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

The hotel is situated in a very quite location. No traffic and practically no industrial noise. Unfortunately the heater system, the ventilator in the bathroom, and the underlinen (made of some sort of waterproof plastic) are quite loud. When you turn on the bed, the noise is like turning on a sheet of plastic. Nice staff and friendly service.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

I stayed here for 2 days. It was very quiet, and the staff was very friendly and polite. I was commuting back and forth to Manhattan, so I took the train to the Copiague station, and it's about a mile away, so I took a cab most time coming and and going. It's not a long walk, but it can get confusing. There isn't much to say about the hotel - it's pretty average. It is clean, and it is inexpensive. It's a good value if you are staying in Copiague.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Very good value in that area. Easy drive to JFK and good place to stay if your flight is early enough. Quiet location, clean air.

Staff was very helping and friendly. Room was clean and quiet. Breakfast was decent. What was not so good is the size of the breakfast area which is tiny.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

Actually stayed there in March and April of 2010. In LI for work and this was centrally located for me to make it the home office. Rooms are new, spacious and clean. Staff is very accommodating.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Gothenburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

First of all the service was great. The two brothers did all they could to please us. They even printed road directions. The location is in a not so nice area, though because it is "hidden" behind some buildings you don't hear any traffic or other disturbance. Our room was big and we got a lot for our money. Big screen TV and tile all over the fresh bathroom.

The place is really close to the beaches, the Hamptons and JFK. So when flying from JFK it's really easy to get to the airport.

Only bad thing was that the room smelled a bit too much of flowers.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

I do a lot of business traveling, at about 3 times per week. Two days ago, I checked in to Days Inn at Copiague, Long Island. It's the worst hotel that I had for the business trips.
First of all, I requested a smoke-free room. The first room I checked in had a strong cigarette odor. I called the front desk clerk. He was very helpful, came right away, and switched me to another room. The second room was not any better. After I stayed for about 15 minutes, the cigarette odor wrapped my nose, made me very uncomfortable. Being too tired, I did not bother to request to change room again.
Then, the room temperature was not warm at all. Being in the dead winter and slight sick, I had to turn the heater all the way up in order to keep the room at around 65F. (I was guessing since there was no thermometer in the room.) The heater had to work very hard, and it's “on” almost all the time. The noise of the heater was very loud and made me not be able to have a quite sleep.
Then, there was no hot water at around 11:30 PM. I could not take shower with only lukewarm water in the cold bath room. (The bath room had a very powerful fen which came with the light switch; it made the bathroom much colder.) In the bath room, there was only a sink with no counter! (I could not even place a cup by the sink when brushing my teeth.) No towel hanger at all in the bathroom! The towel rack was located outside the bathroom where the clothes rack was supposed to be. So, every time when I needed to use the towels, I had to go out of bath room. There were no clothes hangers at all! All my shirt, pants and coat had to put on top of my suitcase. My toiletries had to put on the top of the closet outside the bathroom. I had to walk back and forth to get anything from my toiletry bag.
I reserved a king bed, which costs a little more. I thought I could have at least a good night sleep. Only to find out there was a thick plastic sheet cover the mattress. The thin sheet on top of the mattress made plastic sheet squeeze noise and made me very uncomfortable. The three flimsy pillows were even more terribly uncomfortable.
The electrical outlet on top of the cabinet was plugged by the wall air conditioning/heating unit. So, I had to place the coffee maker on the floor in order to plug to the nearest outlet to make coffee. (No tea bags were in the room).
Don’t even mention facial tissues. – None in the room. The toilet paper had only few sheets left in the roll, no spare roll was in the room, so I had to be very cautious before I used any toilet paper to avoid running out of papers during the night.
The next morning, I even found a cigarette burnt hole in the bed spread.
A word of caution! - If you are on business trip, never choose this horrible hotel. – It will ruin your trip.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Long Island/Copiague? Share your experiences!