“Disappointed!” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Delicatessen
cooperstown
“Disappointed!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2009

A coworker & I decided to order from Dannys Market. We were excited to find a place who would deliver. We ordered 2 drinks, 2 sandwiches and a small soup. After delivery I was $30 in the hole. Soup of the Day was Creamy Vegetable. The Creamy Vegetable I recieved was not edible. Their Creamy Vegetable was equivilent to my 3-week old Cream of Broccolli. My coworkers $8 sandwich had more bread and lettuce than meat. I am sick to my stomach as i write this and i blame the Creamy Vegetable that is now in the garbage. I'll keep my $30 next time! Sorry Danny!!

• 1 of 5 stars Food

frederick, md
“nice, small local market”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

nice place to grab bagel, lunch meats, soda, beer etc. very small, has small place to sit and drink coffee and eat.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good food, but expensive. If you go, order the CHICKEN DILEMMA -on fococcia bread, not the french roll- and you'll be...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2007

Good food, but expensive. If you go, order the CHICKEN DILEMMA -on fococcia bread, not the french roll- and you'll be in deli heaven. It has chicken breast, lettuce, roasted red peppers and fresh mozzerella, mayo. SO GOOD. Staff is always busy, not very efficient. Order ahead if you can and save the headache of waiting 20 minutes for a sandwich. Better yet, order and shop next door at the curious Riverwood store, and go back for your food. Take it to Lake Front Park, because you won't find a spare seat. And don't forget the peanut butter chocolate chop cookie to end it all.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Pricy, and chances are you'll need to find a place outside the market to eat as there are few tables. However, the...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2007

Pricy, and chances are you'll need to find a place outside the market to eat as there are few tables. However, the sandwiches are unique, and the food is of good quality. Definitely a giant step up from fast food!

cooperstown,ny
“overpriced and always too long of a wait”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2007

I just moved to the area and have been to Danny's Market a few times. The first time was for lunch in the summer when a coworker took me. Because the town is inundated with more tourists than it can support that time of year, the wait was ridiculous. Especially since I only had an hour break for lunch. The second time I took my husband for a takeout sandwhich on our way to a local park for a picnic. This was on a Saturday towards the end of summer and although there was no line it took them 30 minutes to make our panini. We inquired twice about it and were told it was coming soon - I think they might have forgotten it altogether. Needless to say, I have had an unpleasant experience both times I have gone there. It is overpriced, but it is no surprise since they sort of have a corner on the market in town. The food is good, the best you will find in town for a sandwhich (since everywhere else is just burgers and fries) but be prepared for the wait and a potentially steep bill.