“So cozy and what a great deal!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gateway Inn & Suites of Cooperstown

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cooperstown
Gateway Inn & Suites of Cooperstown
You added Gateway Inn & Suites of Cooperstown to your Saves list
107 Beaver Meadow Road, Cooperstown, NY   |
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Cooperstown
Smithtown, New York
“So cozy and what a great deal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Twelve of us (three families) booked this property for 2 nights for SUNY Oneonta's Alumni/Family weekend. My husband was nervous due to the low price, but I assured him that the reviews were so amazing that It couldnt be bad...and I was right! We booked the "MVP Plus" Suite, so our family had that entire North building to ourselves. It was definitley like staying at a friends house while they were away. My sister, traveling with an infant, was satisfied with the cleanliness (and she would have killed me if it were dirty!). So thanks Gateway for keeping the place so clean and cozy. My family was so impressed that I found this treasure.
We loved the outdoor deck, which was so relaxing to sit on and view the beautiful mountainside. Our little girls had a great time exploring the woods - Im sure they will never forget it.
It is obvious that the staff takes great pride in the property, its decor and cleanliness.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Hayward, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I just needed a single Thursday night stay to do a day at the baseball Hall of Fame on a Friday and my Babe's Nook stay couldn't have been more pleasant. At a reasonable single night rate of $59.95, I was presented with a souvenir piece of local artwork when I arrived in. There were a variety of options to choose from but I went with the Doubleday Field art which I felt was best representative of the local baseball theme of Cooperstown. The room included everything I needed: reliable WiFi, hot shower, large king sized bed, well maintained room, and lots of cable channels. Gateway Inn & Suites is a few miles south of downtown Cooperstown and it can get pretty dark if you check in late so just make sure you have your GPS set up or you understand the directions to get here beforehand. I can imagine it can be pretty stressful trying to find this place if you are lost.

Room Tip: For a solo traveler, any one of the four rooms in the Gateway Carriage House should be suitable
Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Putnam Valley, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Staying in the MVP suite was like staying at a best friend's house. Everything we could need was there and it felt like a home, not a hotel. I was looking for a house to rent and couldn't find one for Columbus Day weekend. Then I spoke to Eric and explained that it was my parents, my husband and I, plus our dogs who were coming to Cooperstown. He had the perfect solution and it was just like having a rental house, but for a much better price! We have stayed at many places in Cooperstown, but I don't think we will go anywhere else again. Having a full kitchen and living room was wonderful and the location was minutes from anything we wanted to do. You do need to drive everywhere (unless you are a big walker like my mom and I who walked the few miles to town or route 28 or Brewery Ommegang), but it is definitely worth it. Gorgeous scenery, quiet location with helpful, accomodating owners. We couldn't want anything more!

Room Tip: They have many different size rooms and suites available. Discuss what features you want with the ow...
Bayonne, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We went there just for a 3 day weekend, and it was great! It was approx. 3 miles from the hall of fame, and less then that for the brewery close by. The place was clean, and the staff is so nice and accomodating. We stayed in the Cooper Suite room. Would definitly recommend this place looking for a weekend getaway in Coopertown!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Wethersfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was the perfect spot for us. Father and his 2 sons on a road trip to the Hall of Fame. Large unit, living room and 2 separate bedrooms. Stove, fridge and all the ammenities. A little bit off the main trail (about 5 minutes) but well worth it. Quite reasonable and the owner was very helpful. Hope to return again.

Swampscott, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel is a few miles outside of the main area of Cooperstown. It is snuggled into a hill in beautiful country. The owner is extremely helpful and pleasant. However, the room we had was quite small ... the bathroom was tiny as was the shower. No breakfast. Its saving grace was its price: $67 total off-season. I'd recommend it only if price was the driving force.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
innkeeperNewYork, Owner at Gateway Inn & Suites of Cooperstown, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for your comments. While I’m disappointed that you expressed that our inn was nothing special, I’m pleased to have the opportunity to summarize why most of our guests view Gateway Inn & Suites in a different light. To begin with, the Travel Section of USA Today cited our facility as being one of the better values in the Cooperstown Area. Many of our visitors have concurred, rationalizing that while the unit you stayed in and several others are only ¾ the size of rooms at the national chains, our price for those rooms is 1/3 to ½ the rate that the bigger facilities charge. Additionally, should guests desire larger units (larger than anything the chains have to offer), we can accommodate those needs with pricing that is still below what the national chains charge for their standard rooms. Other guests have expressed appreciation with the fact that our units do not fall into the cookie cutter mode. No two of our rooms have the same wall coverings, carpet, artwork, layout design, etc. Obviously, this approach does not always work for those that anticipate the standard conventional chain décor. And, we have had more than a handful of customers’ voice pleasure with the privacy we offer – each unit being accessible through a door to the outside. Among other things, past visitors have stated how they enjoy the views from our off the beaten path location that is still more conveniently located to attractions than the larger hotels located on Route 28. In a nut shell, if a potential guest does appreciate value, non standard design, privacy and or a scenic setting, they will find little special about Gateway Inn & Suites. ~ Eric (owner)
Ballston Spa, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Just three miles from the Hall of Fame, The Gateway offers one of the best values you'll ever find. And, there are times when we might want the Otesaga, for about 6 times the money. Eric, the innkeeper is also extremely ready to help with any questions you might have. Wife and I gladly give this place a great review.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Gateway Inn & Suites of Cooperstown? Share your experiences!