“Great meal - great service.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 56 Restaurants in Cooperstown
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Barbecue, Family Fare, Chicken Wings
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Hand-cut Steaks and Homestyle Entrees.
Worcester, NY
“Great meal - great service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

Amazing proportions; fast and friendly service; and delicious food. Our experience at the Pepper Mill in Cooperstown was very enjoyable. We started with the salad bar, which had a lot of tasty options (they even make their own dressing in house). We then had the crab cakes - they were very sizable for an appetizer and very good. Our meals were impressive: my steak was tender and flavorful, the mashed potatoes were rich and buttery, and I had enough left over for another meal the next day! My dinning partner had the stuffed chicken parm, which was equally as good and equally as large - the chicken was tender, the sauce was homemade, and the meal had a great flavor.

To sum it up: great meal, great service.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Everything was amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

We went to the Peppermill this past weekend and it was incredible! It is under new management and they have a new chef. If you have ever been before and wasn't too impressed, you HAVE to give this place another try! The new chef definitely knows what he's doin in the kitchen! I didn't have a complaint about anything. From the food and drinks to just the overall atmosphere..it's amazing! We have never been to a restaurant that we were more pleased with. The candles on the tables give it a romantic feeling, but the place is big enough to hold baseball teams. With this place..everyone wins! I would recommend the Peppermill to anyone visiting Cooperstown NY

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Greenfield Center, New York
“Delicious stuffed chicken parmesan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

We really loved this place; the portions were very generous-the the marinated spinach salad in the salad bar was out of this world. A little chilly in the atrium room, but overall a great supper; we appreciated the (we assume) owner coming over and checking in on us.

• Visited April 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Long Island
“Don't bother”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

We dined here based on the recommendations from the hotel staff where we were staying.

Restaurant interior was shabby and waiter while pleasant was lost in space. The salad bar was ordinary (being generous). My wife's trout was "fishy", and my fish and chips pedestrian. Did not stay for dessert or coffee.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Murrieta, California
“One of us liked it, one of us didn't”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

I ordered a shrimp scampi dinner that was absolutely tasteless. No flavor - at $30.00 most of it went uneaten. My husband had a prime rib marsala that was very good, also $30.00 - I helped him with his. The waiter did offer to bring me something else, which was nice of him but we had enough with sharing my husbands meal. We still had to pay for both of course. They do have a large room for big groups, but not price friendly.
Cooperstown needs a big pizza parlor that can accomodate teams. This place has the room but not the right menu for kids.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere