“stopped in for a beer” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 56 Restaurants in Cooperstown
Cuisines: Brew Pub, Bar, Hamburgers, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Open 7 days a week for Lunch and Dinner! Handcrafted Beers & Hearty Food. Enjoy a meal and a beer outside in our beer hop garden. Large parties are welcome to dine in one of our two dining rooms! Calling in advance is encouraged.
Schenectady, New York
“stopped in for a beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

unfortunately we had already had lunch before stopping here so had beers only, but plan to go back for a meal at some point as the menu look very interesting and the food that was brought out to others in the bar area looked very good. It was busy the day we were there, but that is expected as the baseball camps start up. Bar are is small with a few tables/booths and there is a dining room in the back but did not venture back there so i am not sure how big it is. I'm glad we stopped and plan to return.

Visited June 2014

Santa Clara, CA
“Yeah They're Open!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

After trying to visit several restaurants that were all closed we were getting frustrated. As we got in our car after looking into a closed place the owner saw us and came out. He explained the Cooperstown was "off season". Turns out when the kids are in school they are "off season". During off season many places are closed...including his restaurant. When we asked what might be open he recommended this place. ;)

The place is tiny. Maybe 7 small tables and a medium sized bar. When we entered all but 2 tables were full and so was the bar. Good sign. We sat down and a nice lady at the table next to us said hello. She said that she was a local and recommended the breburger. I always listen to locals. I ordered the breburger with the honey wheat from the busy waiter/bartender.

Before too long our food came. The breburgers were AWESOME! Decadent and tasty. The beer was excellent and ice cold.

Great food. Great beer. Friendly locals. Win. Win. Win.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Summit, New Jersey
“Could be so much better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I had been meaning to stop in here for over a year and I finally got my chance two weeks ago. I came here with a buddy and we sat outside on a nice Saturday night. We got a flight of all their beers and we ordered sandwiches with the garlic pesto fries. Now those fries were really, really good and were easily the best thing we had. I had an andouille sandwich that was okay, but nothing to write home about. The beer was also relatively meh, which was a shame since there are such good breweries around Cooperstown and Council Rock just doesn't hold a candle to the others. I would give this place 3 stars overall if it wasn't for the fact that I got food poisoning after eating here that took me out of commission for 24 hr (not fun).

This is a fairly standard brewpub that just doesn't have beer that's good enough to bring me back. I do recommend their garlic pesto fries as they are very tasty, but I wouldn't recommend anything else. The food poisoning was likely a fluke and I wouldn't discourage anyone from coming here based on that. However, I personally won't be back again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Middletown, New York
“You were great last year, so here we are again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Several brews on tap most were great. Not too keen on Mango, however. Food an service are outstanding. If you stop you must try the garlic/pesto fries! Recommendation to owners please put up a chalkboard listing what's on tap in the back dining room for those not fortunate enough to be seated in the tap room.

Visited June 2014
“Great Fries”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We arrived around lunch on Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. They were short 2 servers but really hustled to get everyone served and fast. You'd ordinarily think that the quality would suffer but the food was really good. I had a brat that even my wife who doesn't usually like a brat enjoyed. She had the piri piri chicken which was really good also. But the fries, crispy and coated in a garlicky pesto were soooo good. And of course don't forget it was a brewery so the beer was incredible also.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere