This was our 5th trip to Cooperstown, NY dating back to October, 1983 when I proposed to my wife at the Otesaga Resort Hotel (we've stayed here 4 times and once at their smaller, sister property, the Cooper Inn). Cooperstown is an unspoiled, idyllic little hamlet in upstate New York with no fast food restaurants or chain retail stores, only the beauty of the town itself, its people and nature.
The service at the Otesaga is unsurpassed, from the moment you drive up the circular driveway and are greeted by the doorman, to the front desk staff, to the housekeeping staff and the wait staff in each of the restaurants. All the rooms are unique size and shape adding to the character and atmosphere. The grounds are exquisite and the view of Lake Otsego and the finishing holes of the Leatherstocking Golf Course from the huge back porch are breathtaking (especially in the fall). Since our first visit to Cooperstown, there's never been a discussion of where to stay, it's always the Otesaga (I must say that the Cooper Inn is equally as beautiful but on a smaller scale and closer to the downtown area).
If you're looking for a fast paced, up all night partying atmosphere, Cooperstown is not the place for you. However, if you can remember a bygone era when we were able to safely walk the streets after dark and enjoy each other's company taking in all the charm of a small town, this is the place for you. Don't be mislead that the Baseball Hall of Fame is all there is here (I'm a huge baseball fan, but have only visited the Hall twice in our 5 trips). There's the beautiful Fennimore Art Museum, the New York State Farmers Museum and Glimmerglass State Park (and Hyde Hall) just to name a few of the other attractions to visit, and there's always just the splendor of the Otesaga and the town itself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Otesaga Resort Hotel is the Historic Grand Resort of Cooperstown, NY, overlooking the majestic Lake Otsego and providing exceptional accommodations, excellence service, and an elegant atmosphere since 1909. The resort is located just a short walk from Cooperstown main attractions, including the Baseball Hall Of Fame, The Fenimore Art Museum and The Farmers' Museum, and provides exclusive packages for everyone in the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick so you can book your The Otesaga Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Otesaga Hotel Cooperstown
- Otesaga Hotel Cooperstown