Property itself is a beautiful old golf resort with upgrades. Building group areas are beautiful. You go for the view of the lake or to golf, not the hotel room. Older children that can hang by the pool or lake will be happy.
We had a group dinner on the lawn for our 11of our 12yr old baseball players- there to play at the Cooperstown Dreams Park- hotel not kid friendly at all. Parents did not feel comfortable letting kids run around and be kids. We were watched like a hawk by staff to make sure we did not get out of line, or bother the other guests. Seriously? we paid $25 - $50 a person (including kids) for a buffet and drinks. Food and wine were great! The group was not allowed to fish or swim, so sitting at a white table cloth dinner after playing baseball all day it was not a perfect match. We found out the next day another resort in the area was better suited for rough housing boys.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Otesaga Resort Hotel is the Historic Grand Resort of Cooperstown, NY, overlooking the majestic Lake Otsego and providing exceptional accommodations, excellence service, and an elegant atmosphere since 1909. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Despegar.com and Expedia so you can book your The Otesaga Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Otesaga Hotel Cooperstown
- Otesaga Hotel Cooperstown